The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Administrator

The Duke of Edinburgh during a Royal medals award ceremony
at the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh, August 11, 2008

I think he looks quite good and relaxed on these pics.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Old 08-28-2008, 06:23 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
. . you see the latest polls show that Prince Harry is more popular that William, and you all know what that means. . . .
I was waiting for someone to suggest that both Charles and William will now have to "step aside" in favour of Harry... for the good of the Monarchy of course...

Old 08-28-2008, 07:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
I was waiting for someone to suggest that both Charles and William will now have to "step aside" in favour of Harry... for the good of the Monarchy of course...
Everyone is too scared to actually say the dreadful words . . . . . . think about it? Oh yes, it all makes sense now . . . . umm that would make him Henry the ? Oh no, saying it might make it so. You read it here first folks, D**** Mail eat your heart out, so coup d’état it is folks.

No? Then might I suggest "Long live the Queen (and her beloved Consort )" . . . . . it's obvious her family still need her. As do we all.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
But only after a DNA-testing for paternity has been conducted and published.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Majesty

Oh dear...the House of Hewitt!

I'M KIDDING! I've always believed that Harry is 50% Spencer and 50% Windsor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
But only after a DNA-testing for paternity has been conducted and published.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Foul-mouthed Ramsay Ramsay: 'Food at Buckingham Palace is prehistoric s***' | Mail Online

Old 08-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Courtier

Queen tells Charles: Get William a charity job
Old 08-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

When I read this heading I had an image of the Queen having Charles in her office while she told him that he had to arrange for his 26 year old son to get a job with some charity or other.

Then I read the article and I got a completely different idea - namely that a round table discussion has taken place about what William will do when he finishes his military service - the same sort of stories we have been getting for some time - namely that they are discussing William's future.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Well William will have to get a feel for the people and also get involved with his people that he will rule someday. Working in a charity is an excellent way to see what affects people most. What issues are causing the biggest impact to the country and how best he can help. I think it's a good idea.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photographer Annie Leibovitz has lifted the lid on her infamous photoshoot with the Queen, describing the monarch as "a bit cranky"

Annie Leibovitz describes Queen as 'cranky' after BBC photoshoot - Telegraph

Only a handful of casts of the famous effigy were ever made by renowned sculptor Arnold Machin, who was hired by the Royal Mail to come up with the design for postage stamps.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-is-found.html

Prince Philip has asked his Savile Row tailor John Kent to change a favourite pair from the baggy style more popular in the 1950s into something more contemporary

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2655...est-trend.html
Old 09-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Royal Highness

The Queen: her life revealed on film - Telegraph
The life of Queen Elizabeth II will be seen as never before in a souvenir collection of nine DVDs, available free exclusively to Telegraph readers.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Prince Philip has asked his Savile Row tailor John Kent to change a favourite pair from the baggy style more popular in the 1950s into something more contemporary
Recycling clothes is a good idea. Well done!
Old 09-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Pic 7.9.2008

HM Queen Elizabeth II and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh after
attending Sunday morning worship with the prime minister at
Crathie Church in Scotland, UK, 07/09/2008

----> Pic
Old 09-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Photographer Annie Leibovitz has lifted the lid on her infamous photoshoot with the Queen, describing the monarch as "a bit cranky"
Annie Leibovitz describes Queen as 'cranky' after BBC photoshoot - Telegraph
Well what does she expect HM to be when you don't know what you're talking about?
Old 09-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I'd be cranky and pissed off if you wanted me to pose as Zorro too.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Nobility

It sounds like Annie is the one a little bit cranky and she can't let it go. You would think that she would understand that QEII has a limited amount of time and probably isn't used to a photographer trying to boss her around. Seems like Annie needs to get over it and try to stir up some publicity for herself some other way.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:34 AM
Moderator Emeritus

From what I saw of the encounter, I'm surprised Ms Leibovitz didn't create more friction. Her personality doesn't exactly seem like it is particularly compatible with the Queen's.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Majesty

OK, You have to set the scene. Ms Leibovitz, a famous photographer whose use of the medium has "transended" to the rank of "Artist". All her subjects are grateful for the honour of being photographed by such a great and talented artist. She is used to calling the shots. She is in charge of her 'shoots'!

She is setting up, fussing as only an artiste can, awaiting the arrival of her subject, the Queen, an elderly woman in her mid eighties, benign, congenial, probably a bit dotty, who spends most of her time smiling, waving, cutting ribbons, and sitting on a throne. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Enter The Queen, kitted out in full 'Order of the Garter' robes, second only in importance to her coronation robes. She is in a hurry as she is running a little late, and is fitting this 'sitting' into her very busy (read formidable) schedule, and is a little impatient to 'get on with it'.

I was thrilled to see the exchange, in full, in a documentary about the BRF that was being filmed at the time.

After a few shots "our Annie" wants the Queen to move around, this way and that . . . . and then comes the kicker, somewhat surprisingly accurately reported.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telegraph
During the shoot, Leibovitz asked the Queen to remove her "crown" - actually a tiara - for a "less dressy" shot. The Queen, wearing a ceremonial robe, retorted: "Less dressy? What do you think this is?"
Her dotty subject was sharp as a tack, mildly impatient, and obviously totally underwhelmed by the "honour" being bestowed upon her. The ascerbically witty, and slightly sarcastic insult, went right over 'our Annie's' head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
I'd be cranky and pissed off if you wanted me to pose as Zorro too.
Cranky? The look the queen gave her is, I suspect, the same one she gave President George Bush (quoted by him in the same documentary) when he stumbled over a line in his speech, initially saying the Queen had helped celebrate the US bicentennial in 1776, adding 200 years to her age, at an official welcoming speech on the White house lawn.

He described the look as one only a mother would give her son for such a gaffe!
Old 09-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Majesty

Day of tradition for the Queen as she attends the Braemar Games
Old 09-14-2008, 06:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Queen mistakenly sent 2,000 pints of beer - Yahoo! News UK

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii