Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 17: January-May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the Queen being so smiley! She seems to be so happy all the time, that's great to see.:D

She looks happy and relaxed. :)
I can't wait to see the Easter pictures.

Wow wow Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip is aticve at visit and photos they is younger and oldest monarch!!!!

Have they attended Easter Sunday services this year?

I don't think they have Empress. All I could find is some pictures of HM attending Maundy service in Northern Ireland on March 20th:

Pic 1 * Pic 2 * Pic 3 * Pic 4 * Pic 5

How very strange. I don't think that the Queen has ever missed Easter Sunday service. I also can't quite remember where it is that they go, but I do know that they go.

Perhaps that the "Maundy service" replaced the traditional Easter celebration ... .

Royal Maundy is held the Thursday before Easter and it does not replace the tradition Easter Church Service. This year, like most years, The Queen and the Royal Family have attended Easter Service at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle.

The Holy Week starts with Maundy Thursday and then Good Friday and then Easter Saturday and finally Easter Sunday. So the Maundy Thursday is not a replacement of the Easter celebration.

Holy week actually started on Monday 17 March - which is the Monday after Palm Sunday

Charles & Camilla conspicous by their absence. Does anybody know where they might have spent Easter?

Charles & Camilla conspicous by their absence. Does anybody know where they might have spent Easter?
If you look in the Charles thread, you will find he was on a much publicised visit to Klosters. Camilla probably spent the holiday with her family.

Thanks Skydragon. I thought that Charles was actually back by Easter Sunday

The Queen in Manchester

As promised here are my pics showing Her Majesty coming out of the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester.

Attachments

• Waving at Bridgewater Hall.jpg
    Waving at Bridgewater Hall.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 189
  • Bridgewater Hall.jpg
    Bridgewater Hall.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 203
  • Leaving Bridgewater Hall.jpg
    Leaving Bridgewater Hall.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 167
I do not think the Welsh have been to Easter in Windsor much like they did before. I can not recall seeing them at Easter Church Service in Windsor for such a long time, mostly they can be up in the North i think.

Pics 7.4.2008

HM Queen Elizabeth II, pictured meeting with Australian Prime
Minister Kevin Rudd at Windsor Castle in Berkshire, UK, 07/04/2008.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I'm not sure if I like that suit on her or not, its kind of hard to tell with the watermark being there!

Very nice suit! I think it looks a bit like lovely expensive wall paper but she wears it well! :flowers:

Very nice suit! I think it looks a bit like lovely expensive wall paper but she wears it well! :flowers:

I love her outfit. Looks very nice on the Queen. But I would like to ask about her hair style. Does everyone like it?:flowers:

Pics from Mediumphoto
Queen visits the Britannia Royal Naval College - Dartmouth Queen Elizabeth II during her visit to Britannia Royal Naval College Dartmouth,10-04-2008
MediumPhoto

It looked like a really nice sunny day there, I wish the sun was shining here!

What brooch was she wearing? I really liked it.

It looked like a really nice sunny day there, I wish the sun was shining here!

What brooch was she wearing? I really liked it.

In Dartmouth HM was wearing the Australian Hibiscus brooch given to her mother from Australia in the 1940's/50's. The Queen has been seen to wear this six times to date.

Pic 21.4.2008

Prince Philip carriage driving after his recent bout of
ill health, Windsor, Britain - 21 Apr 2008

---> Pic

Time for a new thread.
Part 19 can be found here

~ ¤ ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom