Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 15: May-July 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone senior at the BBC was now struck off the Buckingham Palace invitation list. :)
He will be 'invited' to The Tower instead! :ROFLMAO:

The Queen and the Duke were brilliant in Belgium. They pulled it off with great humor and spirits, and they seem to have a friendly relationship with the Belgian royals. Poor King Albert, he clearly derived a lot of joy from the Queen and Duke's visit. Now the Queen and the Duke can tick off more days until their much deserved retreat to Balmoral, and for once I hope the tabloids are right in their speculation that a certain young middle-class girlfriend of a certain grandson will join them! :D

I wouldn't be surprised if some anti-establishment person at the editing company produced the clip for a laugh - and that it inadvertantly got sent off as the real thing. The BBC probably just did not double check it. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone senior at the BBC was now struck off the Buckingham Palace invitation list. :)

And, anything to sell a story and show "see I told you that the RF are worth keeping".

Pic 19.7.2007

John Major, Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh and Ted Dexter watch during day one of the First Test match
between England and India at Lord's on July 19, 2007 in London, England. Tom Shaw/Getty Images

---> Pic

"BBC credibility in tatters"

Excerpts from the Sydney Daily Telegraph, today, 20 July 2007...

The BBC's credibility is in tatters after a series of humiliating admissions that it has been routinely conning the public by faking competition winners...

The revelations came as the BBC Chairman Michael Lyons personally wrote to the Queen to apologise for the doctored footage of her and to confirm an independent enquiry had been launched. The Queen was "furious" after the BBC appeared to show her angrily walking out of a photo shoot with photographer Annie Leibovitz. In fact, the footage was of her arriving.

After the Diana Panorama interview, the BBC were out of favour at the Palace for a while. I wonder what this will do for their access. We'll know the Queen was really miffed at them if her Christmas broadcast this year is carried by one of the Murdoch channels. ;)

Pics 20.7.2007

A very fresh summer dress for the Queen today :):

Queen Elizabeth ll and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh arrive for lunch at the Winter Gardens in Weston-super-Mare on July 20, 2007.

Pic 1
Pic 2

A very fresh summer dress for the Queen today :):

Queen Elizabeth ll and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh arrive for lunch at the Winter Gardens in Weston-super-Mare on July 20, 2007.

Pic 1
Pic 2

And the big surprise was that she wore a different brooch on the coat from on this pretty dress beneath it! Normally HM moves one brooch between the two garments, but on her coat yesterday she wore - even MORE unusually - the astonishing Arab Dhow brooch (a gift from the Emir of Bahrain in 1979)

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r181/gillweb/Arabdhow20thjuly2007polfoto6734910.jpg

Well, she's simply perfect, isn't she, GillW? :)

Here are two other pics from yesterday:
Queen Elizabeth II braves the rain during a visit to Weston-super-Mare Somerset,
England - 20.07.07 Photo Pool/Anwar Hussein Collection/WENN

Pic 1
Pic 2

The Queen always has beautiful clothes to wear for the right season and is always smiling.

The Queen and The Duke will visit Malta in November
Monarchy link
Maltamedia link

Also,
Saudi King Abdullah will make an official visit to Britain on October 30 at the invitation of Queen Elizabeth II, the Saudi royal court announced Tuesday
Link

Pic 23.7.2007

Queen Elizabeth II out surveying the floods in the grounds of Windsor Castle. The water level is now so high
that all river traffic at Windsor has been stopped and the Queen has not been able to enjoy her usual ride by
the riverside as its now 4ft under water, Berkshire, Britain - 23 Jul 2007 - rex-ibl

---> Pic

BBC Media Player

Lovely Video from the BBC mainly presented by Lady Pamela Hicks. On a lighter note, I adore her hair. Fabulous.

There will be a Service of Celebration for the Diamond Anniversary
LINK

"The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will attend a Service of Celebration on the morning of Monday 19 November 2007, at Westminster Abbey, on the occasion of their Diamond Wedding Anniversary."

Lady Pamela Hicks - 'Prince Philip's a flirt'

She was at Elizabeth's side at her accession and her marriage. On the Queen's 60th wedding anniversary, Lady Pamela Hicks talks frankly to Elizabeth Grice

Telegraph newspaper online

Interesting read.

Lady Pamela Hicks - 'Prince Philip's a flirt'

She was at Elizabeth's side at her accession and her marriage. On the Queen's 60th wedding anniversary, Lady Pamela Hicks talks frankly to Elizabeth Grice

Telegraph newspaper online

Interesting read.

"Her father's death and her sudden accession at the age of 25, with Philip only 28, was shocking for them both." I wonder if it was the writer of the article who got the Duke of Edinburgh's age wrong...you'd think Lady Pamela would know it was 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom