The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II smiles as she inspects the Queen's Body Guard of the Yeomen of the Guard at Buckingham Palace in central London, Wednesday July 11, 2007. The oldest extant British military corps, it was created by King Henry VII in 1485 at the Battle of Bosworth Field. As a token of this venerability, the Yeoman still wear red and gold uniforms of Tudor style.

Pictures:
Queen Elizabeth
Queen Elizabeth inspecting the troops
Queen Elizabeth & The Duke of Edinburgh

Gallery of Pictures from Isifa

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
I believe she also wore the outfit in Alberta in May 2005 and to Royal Ascot in 2006.
She did! She wore the outfit when she visited the Legislative Building in Alberta.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

One's not amused | The Daily Telegraph

ONE'S NOT AMUSED
This is the extraordinary moment the Queen lost her temper and stormed out of a photoshoot, after a celebrity photographer dared ask her to remove her crown.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Was it a crown or a tiara? Media seem to get the two confused.

I loved it myself!
Old 07-12-2007, 07:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Was it a crown or a tiara? Media seem to get the two confused.

I loved it myself!
It's a tiara.

Crowns have very different significance and importance and are only very rarely worn apart from state occasions of great importance (a coronation or the State Opening of Parliament, for example)
Old 07-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Majesty

HM and The Duke today,official welcome:
PPE Agency

Welcome at Laeken Castle:
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Albert Nieboer.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
One's not amused | The Daily Telegraph

ONE'S NOT AMUSED
This is the extraordinary moment the Queen lost her temper and stormed out of a photoshoot, after a celebrity photographer dared ask her to remove her crown.
Oooooooooo, HM indulging her inner diva! Love it!
Old 07-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
HM and The Duke today,official welcome:
PPE Agency

Welcome at Laeken Castle:
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Albert Nieboer.
Hi lucien, there is a separate thread for this occasion:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7-a-12973.html
Old 07-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

BBC apologises over Queen clips

The BBC has apologised to the Queen for wrongly implying she walked out of a portrait session with photographer Annie Leibovitz during a documentary

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | BBC apologises over Queen clips

Queen Elizabeth marks WWI battle in Belgium

Queen Elizabeth II led Thursday commemorations marking 90 years since one of World War I's bitterest and bloodiest battles which killed hundreds of thousands.

Queen Elizabeth marks WWI battle in Belgium - Yahoo! News
Old 07-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
BBC apologises over Queen clips

The BBC has apologised to the Queen for wrongly implying she walked out of a portrait session with photographer Annie Leibovitz during a documentary

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | BBC apologises over Queen clips
And that's the BBC - talk about believing book authors "cut and paste"-tactics or the tabloids!!!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:49 PM

Hilarious. Just wonderful. I always knew the Queen was a diva.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Aristocracy

I think that to get The Queen somehow upset like this, Annie Leibovitz probably did a few things wrong that got The Queen anonyed. The Queen tolerates many things before speaking out loud. (Not mentioning the little «think twice» phrases that she says instead)
Old 07-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Serene Highness

How sad that the BBC would manipulate the footage like that! I mean, I could see some tabloid doing that but the BBC is supposed to be respectable. I don't really think that Her Majesty was acting like a diva but its sad that the public will think she was because of how its being presented. It was actually pretty big news over here!

On another note, I was channel surfing last night and caught a program on PBS about the Queen and her life, especially about the beginning of her reign, and it was so delightful. I saw footage that I hasn't seen before and learned a lot of things about Her Majesty. They showed many clips of her talking with ordinary folks and she seemed so nice, genuinely interested in others and with a great sense of humor. Just made me more impressed with her as a woman devoted to her country.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:35 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

It was presented on a television news here that the BBC had been caught out deliberately trying to embarrass HM with 'faked' editing.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Buck passing has started here, the programme controller was on the news saying how sorry he was, but it was the production company that the Beeb used that made the editing error. What is aggravating is that he went on to say that the palace had contacted them immediately, (Wednesday evening). So why did it take them so long to point out the error and issue the apology?
Old 07-13-2007, 06:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

they are not perfect, the bbc is stil in my eyes the best tvnetwork in the world.Admit to not having seen them all

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | BBC error 'no reason to resign'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Buck passing has started here, the programme controller was on the news saying how sorry he was, but it was the production company that the Beeb used that made the editing error. What is aggravating is that he went on to say that the palace had contacted them immediately, (Wednesday evening). So why did it take them so long to point out the error and issue the apology?
Old 07-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post
they are not perfect, the bbc is stil in my eyes the best tvnetwork in the world.Admit to not having seen them all
If you watch BBC news it only shows half the stories that perhaps Sky or ITV does. Many of them seem biased towards government thinking.

I do think that before screening such a controversial piece, someone at the beeb should have checked the facts and the film. HM did have a minor tantrum, but I do not think the BBC needed to show it, that was a betrayal of HM's trust.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Nobility

I wouldn't be surprised if some anti-establishment person at the editing company produced the clip for a laugh - and that it inadvertantly got sent off as the real thing. The BBC probably just did not double check it. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone senior at the BBC was now struck off the Buckingham Palace invitation list. :-)
Old 07-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Courtier

does anybody know when they will begin to show the programme on TV?
Old 07-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_windsor View Post
does anybody know when they will begin to show the programme on TV?
In the Autumn or at the end of the year, as it is said in the articles, lady_windsor

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii