Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 15: May-July 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke opens exhibition on Indian links

A new exhibition charting the historic links between Scotland and South Asia has been opened by the Duke of Edinburgh.
The National Library of Scotland's "Tea & Tigers: Stories of Scotland and South Asia" examines the role of Scots in India, including traders, engineers, doctors, missionaries, politicians and explorers.

Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine

Has anyone found any coverage of the Queen & Duke visiting South Kensington Campus of Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine yesterday (9th July) please? :flowers:

Has anyone found any coverage of the Queen & Duke visiting South Kensington Campus of Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine yesterday (9th July) please? :flowers:

Here are some pictures from Her Majesty and the Duke of Edinburgh's visit to the Imperial College London in South Kensington, west London. Queen Elizabeth presented honorary degrees at the collage.
Her Highness Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser Al-Missned of Qatar was there as well.

The Rector, Sir Richard Sikes, delivers a speech, while Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip and Sheikha Mozah listen
Queen Elizabeth delivers a speech, while the Duke of Edinburgh and Sheikha Mozar listen
Queen Elizabeth, The Duke of Edinburgh and Sheikha Mozah
Queen Elizabeth and Sir Richard Sikes
Queen Elizabeth receives a bouquet
Queen Elizabeth at the College

And two pictures from today:

Queen Elizabeth II meets Ambassador of Afghanistan
Queen Elizabeth II meets his Excellency the Ambassador of Afghanistan in Buckingham Palace, London ----> Picture

Queen Elizabeth II meets Ambassador of Montenegro
Queen Elizabeth II meets his Excellency the Ambassador of Montenegro, Dr Dragisa Burzan in Buckingham Palace, London ----> Picture

Last edited:
I like her pink outfit, but the dress in the second group posted by Avalon, (thank you Avalon), reminds me of those awful crimplene & polyester dresses some women used to wear, in the 60's I think.

Here are some pictures from Her Majesty and the Duke of Edinburgh's visit to the Imperial College London in South Kensington, west London. Queen Elizabeth presented honorary degrees at the collage.
Her Highness Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser Al-Missned of Qatar was there as well.

The Rector, Sir Richard Sikes, delivers a speech, while Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip and Sheikha Mozah listen
Queen Elizabeth delivers a speech, while the Duke of Edinburgh and Sheikha Mozar listen
Queen Elizabeth, The Duke of Edinburgh and Sheikha Mozah
Queen Elizabeth and Sir Richard Sikes
Queen Elizabeth receives a bouquet
Queen Elizabeth at the College

Well - I AM surprised! HM wore the exact outfit only 3 days earlier, in Scotland, albeit beneath a raincape. She doesn't normally have 2 "wearings" so close together (hence why all journalists insist on saying "she only ever wears any outfit once"!!) :flowers:

Well - I AM surprised! HM wore the exact outfit only 3 days earlier, in Scotland, albeit beneath a raincape. She doesn't normally have 2 "wearings" so close together (hence why all journalists insist on saying "she only ever wears any outfit once"!!) :flowers:

I believe she also wore the outfit in Alberta in May 2005 and to Royal Ascot in 2006.

Don't the people writing these things know the difference between a crown and a tiara? I'm not surprised that Annie Leibovitz got it wrong, but surely the writers for the British papers should know.

Queen Elizabeth II smiles as she inspects the Queen's Body Guard of the Yeomen of the Guard at Buckingham Palace in central London, Wednesday July 11, 2007. The oldest extant British military corps, it was created by King Henry VII in 1485 at the Battle of Bosworth Field. As a token of this venerability, the Yeoman still wear red and gold uniforms of Tudor style.

Pictures:
Queen Elizabeth
Queen Elizabeth inspecting the troops
Queen Elizabeth & The Duke of Edinburgh

Gallery of Pictures from Isifa

I believe she also wore the outfit in Alberta in May 2005 and to Royal Ascot in 2006.

She did! She wore the outfit when she visited the Legislative Building in Alberta.

Was it a crown or a tiara? Media seem to get the two confused.

I loved it myself! :lol:

Was it a crown or a tiara? Media seem to get the two confused.

I loved it myself! :lol:

It's a tiara.

Crowns have very different significance and importance and are only very rarely worn apart from state occasions of great importance (a coronation or the State Opening of Parliament, for example) :flowers:

HM and The Duke today,official welcome:
PPE Agency

Welcome at Laeken Castle:
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Albert Nieboer.

Last edited:
BBC apologises over Queen clips

The BBC has apologised to the Queen for wrongly implying she walked out of a portrait session with photographer Annie Leibovitz during a documentary

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | BBC apologises over Queen clips

Queen Elizabeth marks WWI battle in Belgium

Queen Elizabeth II led Thursday commemorations marking 90 years since one of World War I's bitterest and bloodiest battles which killed hundreds of thousands.

Queen Elizabeth marks WWI battle in Belgium - Yahoo! News

Last edited:
Hilarious. Just wonderful. I always knew the Queen was a diva.

I think that to get The Queen somehow upset like this, Annie Leibovitz probably did a few things wrong that got The Queen anonyed. The Queen tolerates many things before speaking out loud. (Not mentioning the little «think twice» phrases that she says instead)

How sad that the BBC would manipulate the footage like that! I mean, I could see some tabloid doing that but the BBC is supposed to be respectable. I don't really think that Her Majesty was acting like a diva but its sad that the public will think she was because of how its being presented. It was actually pretty big news over here!

On another note, I was channel surfing last night and caught a program on PBS about the Queen and her life, especially about the beginning of her reign, and it was so delightful. I saw footage that I hasn't seen before and learned a lot of things about Her Majesty. They showed many clips of her talking with ordinary folks and she seemed so nice, genuinely interested in others and with a great sense of humor. Just made me more impressed with her as a woman devoted to her country.

It was presented on a television news here that the BBC had been caught out deliberately trying to embarrass HM with 'faked' editing.

Last edited:
Buck passing has started here, the programme controller was on the news saying how sorry he was, but it was the production company that the Beeb used that made the editing error. What is aggravating is that he went on to say that the palace had contacted them immediately, (Wednesday evening). So why did it take them so long to point out the error and issue the apology?

they are not perfect, the bbc is stil in my eyes the best tvnetwork in the world.Admit to not having seen them all :D

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | BBC error 'no reason to resign'

Buck passing has started here, the programme controller was on the news saying how sorry he was, but it was the production company that the Beeb used that made the editing error. What is aggravating is that he went on to say that the palace had contacted them immediately, (Wednesday evening). So why did it take them so long to point out the error and issue the apology?

they are not perfect, the bbc is stil in my eyes the best tvnetwork in the world.Admit to not having seen them all :D
If you watch BBC news it only shows half the stories that perhaps Sky or ITV does. Many of them seem biased towards government thinking.

I do think that before screening such a controversial piece, someone at the beeb should have checked the facts and the film. HM did have a minor tantrum, but I do not think the BBC needed to show it, that was a betrayal of HM's trust.

I wouldn't be surprised if some anti-establishment person at the editing company produced the clip for a laugh - and that it inadvertantly got sent off as the real thing. The BBC probably just did not double check it. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone senior at the BBC was now struck off the Buckingham Palace invitation list. :)

does anybody know when they will begin to show the programme on TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom