The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 05:23 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Such is the depth of the Leibovitz portrait: it gives rise to various interpretations and meanings on different levels.

Old 05-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Royal Highness

I do not think it has anything to do with that. Why must we always go back to Iraq in every forum??????

Let the beautiful picture stand for itself. Classic Annie L., shot in a similar style as to how she does the Vogue covers with her use of lighting.

Honest to goodness...must everything tie back to Iraq??/

Old 05-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Courtier

She look good the pics by Anne
Old 05-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Aristocracy

And other portrait of Queen By Annie Leibovitz
Her Majesty seen in new light for Leibovitz portrait | the Daily Mail
Old 05-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

I can't say that so far I have been impressed by any of the photo's shown. The first one (the official one) you need a magnifying glass to see the Queen, it seemed as if the photographer was more intent on showing the room and garden, than the subject. The second one, as they say, looks like the Scottish Widows advert! In fact the SW's is a lot lighter!
Old 05-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I can't say that so far I have been impressed by any of the photo's shown. The first one (the official one) you need a magnifying glass to see the Queen, it seemed as if the photographer was more intent on showing the room and garden, than the subject. The second one, as they say, looks like the Scottish Widows advert! In fact the SW's is a lot lighter!
It's eeire - what did Leibovitz think? That the queen walks the fields where her soldiers lost their lifes? We're not in 1945 and she is not the loser of this war! Or is she haunted by her Annus Horribilis?

IMHO this pic was influences by the film "The Queen" and I don't like that at all! Helen Mirren played a movie part posing as Her Majesty in the way the director wanted her to - why does the real person now has to pose as if she was part of the movie?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:40 PM

Well I have to say that I quite like both portraits. Very atmospheric.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Aristocracy

The Liebowitz photo

Re the Annie Liebowitz official photo -- it IS a fascinating picture, as all of her portraits are fascinating. But to me it says death, looking back, an era that's gone, the queen as lonely monarch surrounded by gold but losing relevance. Of course the queen herself saves the image by being her usual dignified self, but I just find the general sense of the photo creepy.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Two grate portraits/photos of HM
Old 05-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Aristocracy

Re:The First Photograph shown What a stunningly beautiful portrait of the Queen;Annie Leibovitz did an excellent job!The Queen looks both serene and regal and the background is gorgeous.

The second photo was a little too dark and ominous to me,too dreary;maybe the cloak should have been a light color...I didn't like this one.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Courtier

Just an observation of mine. It appears that ALL of the Queens grandchildren are engaged in relationships that involve with either living with the opposite sex or just about living with the opposite sex. Such as Zara and Mike Tindall. There doesn't seem to be any thing said about these affairs that must be deemed okay with the Queen and Prince Philip and, of course, the parents of the grandchildren. It also appears that all the grandchildren seem to be following one another in these type of relationships and not committing to a marriage that may or may not be successful. It's also interesting that all of the Queen's grandchildren are from broken homes.

Not being from the UK, what is the publics perception of the Queen’s family, which I understand suppose to represent the morals, virtues and tradition of being English, engaged in such behaviour of promiscuity, drinking too much, spending hordes of money in clubs and bars, having children outside of wedlock and generally at times not showing the responsibility that the Queen has shown throughout her reign?

What has the public been told about the Queen and Prince Philip view on such issues of failed marriages and grandchildren delaying marriage well into their 30’s?

In fact, what is the British view on marrying in the 20’s? Do most English feel that marrying in their late 20’s and early 30’s guarantee more success in holding a marriage down, such as what I’ve heard the Queen suggesting according to this forum?
Old 05-07-2007, 05:42 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
J It appears that ALL of the Queens grandchildren are engaged in relationships.... It's also interesting that all of the Queen's grandchildren are from broken homes.
Well, not ALL the grandchildren; Lady Louise Windsor is neither from a broken home nor in a relationship.

Quote:
.. what is the publics perception of the Queen’s family...having children outside of wedlock..
There are no "children outside of wedlock" in the Royal Family. However, they can be found in the Lascelles family, descendants of George V.

Quote:
What has the public been told about the Queen and Prince Philip view on such issues of failed marriages and grandchildren delaying marriage well into their 30’s?
It is very rare for the Queen to make public her private views on any subject.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren

There are no "children outside of wedlock" in the Royal Family. However, they can be found in the Lascelles family, descendants of George V.

It is very rare for the Queen to make public her private views on any subject.

I thought there was one daughter from a cousin of the Queens that had a child outside of wedlock. I just can't think of who she is.

I know it's kinda of rare for the Queen to make her views public, but there may be bits and pieces that have come out over the years from people who knew or know her that can reveal her feelings about certain issues.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I thought there was one daughter from a cousin of the Queens that had a child outside of wedlock. I just can't think of who she is.
Marina Ogilvie, second cousin to the Queen, the daughter of Sir Angus Ogilvy and Princess Alexandra was 5 months pregnant when she got married, thus avoiding being the first royal to have a child out of wedlock.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Marina Ogilvie, second cousin to the Queen, the daughter of Sir Angus Ogilvy and Princess Alexandra was 5 months pregnant when she got married, thus avoiding being the first royal to have a child out of wedlock.
Thanks, Skydragon & Warren.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

On the Couch / All the queen's horses, all the queen's men

P*ssy cat, Pus*y cat, where have you been? / I've been to London to visit the queen. / P*ssy cat, P*ssy cat, what did you there? / I frightened a little mouse under her chair!

On the Couch / All the queen's horses, all the queen's men - Haaretz - Israel News

:kitty:
Old 05-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Windsor Great park, HRH Queen Elizabeth during the New Forest Pony presentation and a tour of the stands of the Windsor Horse Show. Date: 11.05.2007

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 05-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Courtier

Royal Windsor Horse show look like She had good time.... still look great...

Fotobanka isifa image service

and more photos..

Old 05-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Courtier

In the fashion sense, has the Queen ever wore any designer jeans for older adults? I've seen her in pants before, but not jeans. I guess around the house, she must wear some sort of lighter clothing such as slacks and just a top.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
In the fashion sense, has the Queen ever wore any designer jeans for older adults? I've seen her in pants before, but not jeans. I guess around the house, she must wear some sort of lighter clothing such as slacks and just a top.
It is extremely rare for the queen to be seen in any kind of trousers, apart from johdpurs when riding. One of very few times was on leaving hospital following an operation on her knee - & those were made for her by her personal dresser. Even at her most casual HM normally wears skirts - often tartan.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii