The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
QUEEN Elizabeth II... looks likely to bestow the title of Prince Consort on her husband, Prince Philip, to mark the occasion of their 60th wedding anniversary later this year.
We have a hitherto-unknown royal insider, from an entirely unexpected source: "royals commentator Richard Mineards, columnist for the Santa Barbara News-Press..."

Old 04-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
QUEEN Elizabeth II...looks likely to bestow the title of Prince Consort on her husband to mark the occasion of their 60th wedding anniversary later this year.
I'm puzzled why Prince Philip has not been given the title before now, if it is true.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:14 PM

On Friday 20th April The Day before Her Majesty The Queen's 81st Birthday Members of The Royal Family gathered with The Queen and HRH THe Duke of Edinburgh to attend the Service for The Royal Victorian Order are there any pictures about?

Thanks

God Save The Queen!

Old 04-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

All posts about the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh's visit to the United States should be made in Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip to visit USA - May 3 - 8, 2007.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Courtier

Please, has anyone found any pictures of the Scouting parade at Wndsor Castle, 22 April 2007?
Old 04-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think there are any pictures avalable of the parade, GillW.

However this month's Focus at the official website of the British Monrachy looks at Royal connections to the Scouting and Guiding movements.
Hope it helps.

Royal Insight > March 2007 > Focus > Scouts and Guides
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-26-2007, 06:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Uganda: Queen to Host Banquet in State House Entebbe

Queen Elizabeth II will host the official dinner for the visiting Heads of State to the Commonwealth meeting scheduled for November at the newly constructed State House Entebbe, Parliament heard yesterday.

allAfrica.com: Uganda: Queen to Host Banquet in State House Entebbe (Page 1 of 1)

Threat to Queen puts Uganda Commonwealth summit in doubt

Concerns for the safety of heads of government and Queen Elizabeth at a planned Commonwealth summit in Kampala, Uganda, in November have put the meeting in doubt, The Times reported on Thursday

Threat to Queen puts Uganda Commonwealth summit in doubt - Yahoo! News
Old 05-02-2007, 05:06 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Telegraph.co.uk published a stunning portrait of the Queen!

Portrait of royalty reaches across the decades

Portrait of royalty reaches across the decades | Uk News | News | Telegraph

Old 05-02-2007, 08:42 AM

Thank you for the link Her_Majesty.

This portrait of a serene Elizabeth II is worth preserving in the threads:

Tx
Old 05-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

That portrait has to be one of my favourites of Her Majesty in recent years.
Thank you for posting it Her_Majesty.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
Telegraph.co.uk published a stunning portrait of the Queen!

Portrait of royalty reaches across the decades

Portrait of royalty reaches across the decades | Uk News | News | Telegraph
Can anyone point me to the Beacon portrait of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother which is mentioned in the article?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Nobility

the new portrait of her majesty is simply gorgeous. the lighting and the mood that is conveyed is stunning and i've been a great fan of leibovitz's work in the past, but this particular portrait is one of her best in recent times. fabulous!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:42 AM

I love the new portrait. It's just beautiful. Much better than Rolf's cartoon attempt.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Courtier

I love the new portrait too! She looks so regal! But, no surprise there, she always is! I'm glad to see she is wearing the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara! Lovely
Old 05-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Courtier

The Queen is just wonderful and fantastic at this new portrait, she's really The Queen!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Thank you for the link Her_Majesty.

This portrait of a serene Elizabeth II is worth preserving in the threads:

Tx

I've always loved Annie's work throughout the years, but this portrait of Her Majesty simply outshines them all!

I adore this shot.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:55 AM
Courtier

I don't know if this current event has made it to the RF, but just in case it hasn't, here is an article about the recent picture of the Queen to coincide with the Royal visit to the US. I personally like the photo myself, because it speaks volumes to me in different sorts of way. There is a sense of calmness, yet apprehension as the Queen sits looking out the door with the countryside in the background.

Critics not amused by queen photo

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- An American photographer famed for showing celebrities naked or bathing in asses' milk chose a more traditional pose for Britain's Queen Elizabeth, but Annie Leibovitz's new work sharply divided critics on Wednesday.
John Lennon appeared naked and Clint Eastwood was bound with ropes, but Leibovitz opted to have her subject in full evening dress for an official portrait marking the queen's visit to the United States.
Washington Post culture critic Henry Allen was not amused, complaining that the portrait of the monarch sitting in the White Drawing Room at Buckingham Palace had "all the personality of a marble bust of George Washington." (Larger view of photo)

Critics not amused by queen photo - CNN.com
Old 05-03-2007, 02:44 AM
Courtier

40,000 Light Bulbs in Her Home, can Queen Elizabeth Can Alter Her Carbon Footprint?

Can the Queen Go Green?

This week, the queen of England will be visiting the United States, not a rare occurrence for her majesty, who loves to travel.
During her 55 years on the throne, Queen Elizabeth has visited 129 countries. She has traveled the length and breadth of the earth, making her perhaps the best-known, best-loved and most-informed British sovereign of all time.
But according to environmental activists, the queen's many expeditions have come at a dreadful cost to the planet. They see aviation as a prime cause of global warming.

ABC News: Green Queen? Royals Get Eco-Conscious
Old 05-03-2007, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Can anyone point me to the Beaton portrait of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother which is mentioned in the article?
Jo, check out this post and this post to give you an idea of the "Beaton influence".
Old 05-03-2007, 05:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

thanks Warren, I like the one where she sits in a red chair. The similarity with Annie's picture is also that it is still daylight but not dark enough to light the lamps. Someone said that it looks stormy outside because of the fighting in Irak by the US and the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Jo, check out this post and this post to give you an idea of the "Beaton influence".

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii