The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 01:49 PM

I wish they would show online the Duke's paintings! I've seen so many pics of Prince Charles's paintings,but never of the Duke's. Where can I see the Duke of Edinburgh's works of art without going to the exhibitions?

Old 04-12-2007, 02:05 PM

Was The Duke also at the Vimy rededication?

Old 04-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes CasiraghiTrio, The Duke of Edinburgh was also present n Vimy Ridge.

Caterers Scramble For Royal Tastes As Queen Elizabeth Attend Derby

Queen Elizabeth can expect a very special high tea when she attends the Kentucky Derby next month. The queen will watch the famous Louisville horserace on May 5 and caterers are flying in Earl Grey teas from around the world after Buckingham Palace hinted it is her favorite afternoon drink.
Gil Logan, chef at Levy Restaurants at the Churchill Downs racecourse, has enlisted the help of Mark Nethery, master roaster at john conti Coffee Co., in his search for the best cup.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-13-2007, 07:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen and Prince Philip to mark Romsey's 400th anniversary

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip will pay a Royal visit to Romsey this summer to mark the 400th anniversary of the town's Royal Charter.
The royal couple will visit Romsey for the first time in four years to celebrate the moment King James I handed the town its Royal Charter in 1607, giving the community independence.
The charter effectively put the town on the map and meant civic officials could appoint their own mayor, aldermen and police officers.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-14-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Yes CasiraghiTrio, The Duke of Edinburgh was also present n Vimy Ridge.
Thank you! I looked in the articles and none of them mentioned he was there. It was all The Queen this, The Queen did that. I noticed one picture of the Duke there, but he was not even in the caption! It was very odd.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Separatists say non to Queen

QUEBEC (CP) - Queen Elizabeth is not welcome at the 400th birthday bash of Quebec's capital city, say separatists.

CANOE -- CNEWS - Canada: Separatists say non to Queen
Old 04-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Courtier

The Queen 'Devastated' By Prince William Love Split

The Queen has been apparently left "close to tears" following grandson Prince William's split from Kate Middleton.
The British monarch was known to get on particularly well with Kate, and is reportedly "devastated" her five year relationship with Wills came to an end this week.
A source tells The People, "She thought William had judged it perfectly with Kate and had learned from the mistakes of his father.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=30500
Old 04-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Village sign's Royal seal of approval

The Duke of Edinburgh unveiled a new village sign at a Norfolk village - just as he and the Queen had done almost 50 years before.
In 1957, the then Norfolk Boy Scouts' Association, had presented a gift to the Queen of a carved and painted village sign for Anmer, which is on the Sandringham Estate, to commemorate the first 50 years of scouting.
The Duke of Edinburgh, unveiled the sign, before spending time chatting to villagers, dignitaries and scouts, who had attended the informal ceremony.

Picture: Prince Philip unveiling the new village sign
Old 04-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth was named the 4th most powerful person according to Guardian Unlimited's list of Britain's top 50 most influential people who are not elected.

Guardian Unlimited Politics top 50: the full list | Special Reports | Guardian Unlimited Politics
Old 04-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Special day pays tribute to Duke

A video message from Stephen Hawking will be played to the Duke of Edinburgh when he is in Cambridge to celebrate 30 years as chancellor of the university.
Prince Philip will come to the city on Tuesday to mark the special occasion by taking part in a day of activities including the official opening of the Stephen Hawking building.
The new accommodation and conference building will serve Gonville and Caius College.
Prince Philip took up the post of chancellor in 1977 and in addition to his formal duties he makes regular visits to the university to observe its developments.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen shocked by shootings

Queen Elizabeth is said to be "shocked and saddened" by the Virginia college campus killings, which left 33 people dead yesterday.
British Foreign Secretary Margaret Beckett also extended her condolences to the families of the murdered students.
Speaking at the United Nations in New York, she said: "Can I first say how appalled everyone is by the terrible news from Virginia.
"Our deepest sympathy and our condolences of course go to that community and to all of those whose families are directly affected."
Old 04-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Courtier

The Queen was amused
by BRIAN LAGHI, The Globe and Mail

The Queen was amused

Quote:
former prime minister Jean Chrétien said yesterday that he had just been given a pen by then-prime minister Pierre Trudeau with which he was to sign the document. As he sat down to affix his signature, Mr. Chrétien, then justice minister, found the pen wouldn't write, prompting him to utter, in French, a profanity that caused the royal chuckle.
"I said merde and the Queen laughed. She's perfectly bilingual and she understood very well what I said.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Interesting I Understand one of The Tsars Daughters said that French Pharse (Although I Have an Idea im still not quite aware of what traslates into as English? :P
Old 04-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Majesty

HM celebrates her 81st birthday today,april 21st.

(due to the time difference,it's already past midnight here,hence....)
Old 04-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

A completely non-surprising and expectable results.

Queen Elizabeth Holds Throne For Best Leadership Skills In Poll

Queen Elizabeth has been voted number one in the world for her leadership skills.
The monarch saw off stiff competition from entrepreneur Donald Trump, U.S. presidential candidate Hilary Clinton and football manager Alex Ferguson, to top the poll conducted by learndirect business.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
Interesting I Understand one of The Tsars Daughters said that French Pharse (Although I Have an Idea im still not quite aware of what traslates into as English? :P
It means the sh word
Old 04-21-2007, 05:16 AM
Aristocracy

Happy Birthday to the Queen!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 11:44 AM
Heir Apparent

A very Happy Birthday to our Beloved Queen!
Many more to come.

Queen Elizabeth II out horse riding on her 81st birthday in the grounds of Windsor Castle, Berkshire, Britain - 21 Apr 2007

Pictures: Queen Elizabeth ; Queen Elizabeth 2
Gallery of pictures from Isifa
Old 04-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Royal Highness

Private celebrations for Queen´s 81st birthday

Private celebrations for Queen's 81st birthday | Breaking News | News | Telegraph

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Her Majesty!
Old 04-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

THE QUEEN IS A GUNNER

Aston Villa may be able to claim the support of a future monarch, but the current incumbent supports Arsenal, it has emerged.

The Queen is a Gunner - Yahoo! News UK

Was it ever in doubt?

ROYAL DESIGNATION A RARE ONE

QUEEN Elizabeth II, who celebrated her 81st birthday Saturday, looks likely to bestow the title of Prince Consort on her husband, Prince Philip, to mark the occasion of their 60th wedding anniversary later this year.

ROYAL DESIGNATION A RARE ONE - Pagesix - New York Post Online Edition

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii