The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Serene Highness

Is anyone going to Churchill Downs? Tickets are sold out but I'm thinking of going because I've always wanted to go to the derby.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 03-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Protester disrupts British slave trade abolition service

A shouting protester interrupted a service to mark the 200th anniversary of Britain's abolition of the slave trade, attended by Queen Elizabeth II.

Protester disrupts British slave trade abolition service - Yahoo! News

Old 03-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Pics 27.3.2007

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip attend the service at Westminster Abbey to mark the Bicentenary Of The Abolition Of The Slave Trade Act on March 27, 2007 in London, England. The service being held at Westminster Abbey commemorates the Act of Parliament abolishing the trade of slaves throughout the British Empire which became law on March 25, 1807.

The Queen
The Queen and Prince Philip
--> Picture gallery
Old 03-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II shakes hands with model and actress Jerry Hall, watched by actor Don Johnson, during a reception at Buckingham Palace in London, in London, Tuesday March 27 , 2007, for Americans based in Britain. On show was an exhibition devoted to photographs of the Queen with the American Presidents she has encountered. There have been 11 Presidents in power during her reign so far and the Queen has met all of them. -----> Picture

Queen Elizabeth II greets American photographer Annie Leibovitz during a reception at Buckingham Palace for Americans in the UK , Tuesday March 27, 2007. Leibovitz will take the official photograph for Queen Elizabeth II's state visit to the United States, the Palace said Tuesday. The photograph will be shot at the palace sometime in the next few days. It will be released the day before the queen leaves for a six-day visit to the United States in early May, the palace said. -----> Picture

Gallery of pictures from ISIFA
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 03-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent

A gallery of images of The Queen with Presidents of the United States of America, past and present was viewed by Her Majesty and guests during an American reception at Buckingham Palace prior to the State Visit to the USA in May 2007.

Pictures:

The Queen (then Princess Elizabeth) with President Truman 1951

The Queen, Prince Charles, Princess Anne with President Eisenhower 1959

The Queen and Prince Philip with President and Mrs Kennedy 1961

The Queen with President Nixon and Sir Edward Heath 1970

The Queen dancing with President Ford 1976

The Queen with President Carter 1977

The Queen with President Reagan riding at Windsor 1982

The Queen with President Bush 1989

The Queen with President Clinton and his family 2000

The Queen with President George W Bush 2003

Gallery of pictures here
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 03-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Nobility

Avalon,
Thank you for posting the pictures of QEII with former Presidents of the USA. My favorite picture is the one with the late President Ford. Both of them appear to be having a wonderful time dancing.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

I loved the photograph of the Queen and Prince Philip with the Kennedys.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-29-2007, 06:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Bubbly and Small Talk With Her Majesty

LONDON -- Queen Elizabeth II stood in the White Drawing Room, the late afternoon sun flowing in from the vast windows overlooking the Buckingham Palace gardens.

washingtonpost.com
Old 03-29-2007, 08:23 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
Is anyone going to Churchill Downs? Tickets are sold out but I'm thinking of going because I've always wanted to go to the derby.
My husband and I are thinking of going with some hesitation. The Derby normally draws close to 100,000 spectators - I think this year, with good weather and the Queen, the number will most definitely go up! Something to consider....

Diane
Old 03-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
It looks like Bill Clinton is applying his renowned charm on HM, who is responding somewhat girlishly. Sweet.
v
Old 03-29-2007, 03:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Bubbly and Small Talk With Her Majesty

LONDON -- Queen Elizabeth II stood in the White Drawing Room, the late afternoon sun flowing in from the vast windows overlooking the Buckingham Palace gardens.

washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines
I really enjoyed reading that, Skydragon. Thanks for posting it.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc4
I really enjoyed reading that, Skydragon. Thanks for posting it.
You are welcome!
Old 03-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Pics 29.3.2007

The Duke of Edinburgh is joined by Zoological Society of London acting head of development, Bernadette Benati, as he looks at gorilla Zaire at the opening of the $10 million Gorilla Kingdom at London Zoo, UK on March 28, 2007.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Picture Gallery
Old 03-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Courtier

Nice pictures!
Old 04-01-2007, 06:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen follows Charles into green house

THE Queen has appointed environmental consultants to turn the royal palaces into models of green efficiency, under pressure from her eldest son to provide a lead for the nation.

Queen follows Charles into green house-News-UK-TimesOnline
Old 04-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Courtier

Just three weeks before her 81st birthday and still going strong!

Riding at Windsor
Old 04-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Britain's Queen, French and Canadian PMs to honour WW1 dead

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II visits France next week to honour the memory of Canadian soldiers who died during a World War I battle, Buckingham Palace said Sunday.

Britain's Queen, French and Canadian PMs to honour WW1 dead - Yahoo! News UK
Old 04-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Windsor Castle breaks with tradition as female guards take over

The security of Windsor Castle passed into female hands for the first time in 900 years Monday as women soldiers of the King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery took over guard duty at the main royal residence just outside London.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:09 AM
Courtier

Do they still have to use the old guard's bathrooms?!
Old 04-04-2007, 02:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Windsor Castle breaks with tradition as female guards take over

The security of Windsor Castle passed into female hands for the first time in 900 years Monday as women soldiers of the King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery took over guard duty at the main royal residence just outside London.

Could the Princes, such as Prince Harry, become head of security one day?

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii