Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 14: February-May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Elizabeths dress is beautiful near state visit from Ghana!!!

Pics 19.3.2007

Prince Philip unveiling a 'Welcome to Windsor' road sign, Windsor, Britain - 19 Mar 2007:

Pic 1
Pic 2

Queen's tribute to Afghan hero

The Queen sent a personal message of support to her favourite gardener as he laid to rest his soldier son killed in Afghanistan.
And she sent Prince Philip to pass on her tribute at the funeral of Royal Marine Ben Reddy, 22, whose father Phil works at Windsor Castle.
Last night a senior Royal source revealed the Queen had been particularly saddened by the death, as Ben was the same age as grandson Prince Harry.

Last edited:
Pics 20.3.2007

Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh host a Buckingham Palace reception for backbench MPs, including Independent Party leader and MEP Nigel Farage, 20 March, 2007. About 200 MPs were greeted in Buckingham Palace's white drawing room. Fiona Hanson/pool/PA Wire

Pic 1
Pic 2 a wonderful pic of the Queen :flowers:

kwanfan said:

Thanks kwanfan. The Queen has made many private visits to Kentucky. Some of the more established horse breeders know her very well in her role as equine enthusiast.

But she's never been to a Kentucky Derby before - this is quite a surprise. I thought there was a famous English horse race whose schedule always conflicted with the Kentucky Derby. Is it Epsom?

We are so very excited to have HM and HRH to visit us here in the U.S. in May.

I just hope the more trashy excuse of celebrities who attend the Kentucky Derby are not anywhere near the royal couple when they attend on May 5th. I cannot imagine my horror should P. Diddy or Lindsay Lohan per say would happen to be there and somehow cross paths with them.

Queen Elizabeth II watches as forensic science students demonstrate the collecting of evidence at a simulated crime scene, during her visit to the forensic science department at East Berkshire College, Windsor, England, Thursday March 22, 2007. Queen Elizabeth II visited the college to officially open its new building. --------> Picture

Queen Elizabeth II receives the Ambassador of North Korea, Ja Song-nam at Buckingham Palace in London March 22, 2007. --------> Picture

Avalon said:
Queen Elizabeth II watches as forensic science students demonstrate the collecting of evidence
I expect she would rather be watching CSI! :lol:

She is much alert and smile! Queen Elizabeth is great great green dress and beautiful hat!

Queen Elizabeth II presents medal to Marine

A Camp Pendleton Marine who flew several dangerous helicopter missions in Iraq last year has received a rare honor: a military medal personally presented by the queen of England.
Queen Elizabeth II presented the Distinguished Flying Cross to Maj. William Chesarek during a ceremony Wednesday at Buckingham Palace. He is the first U.S. service member since World War II to receive such a distinction from the British.

Is anyone going to Churchill Downs? Tickets are sold out but I'm thinking of going because I've always wanted to go to the derby.

Pics 27.3.2007

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip attend the service at Westminster Abbey to mark the Bicentenary Of The Abolition Of The Slave Trade Act on March 27, 2007 in London, England. The service being held at Westminster Abbey commemorates the Act of Parliament abolishing the trade of slaves throughout the British Empire which became law on March 25, 1807.

The Queen
The Queen and Prince Philip
--> Picture gallery

Queen Elizabeth II shakes hands with model and actress Jerry Hall, watched by actor Don Johnson, during a reception at Buckingham Palace in London, in London, Tuesday March 27 , 2007, for Americans based in Britain. On show was an exhibition devoted to photographs of the Queen with the American Presidents she has encountered. There have been 11 Presidents in power during her reign so far and the Queen has met all of them. -----> Picture

Queen Elizabeth II greets American photographer Annie Leibovitz during a reception at Buckingham Palace for Americans in the UK , Tuesday March 27, 2007. Leibovitz will take the official photograph for Queen Elizabeth II's state visit to the United States, the Palace said Tuesday. The photograph will be shot at the palace sometime in the next few days. It will be released the day before the queen leaves for a six-day visit to the United States in early May, the palace said. -----> Picture

Gallery of pictures from ISIFA

Last edited:
Avalon,
Thank you for posting the pictures of QEII with former Presidents of the USA. My favorite picture is the one with the late President Ford. Both of them appear to be having a wonderful time dancing. :wub:

I loved the photograph of the Queen and Prince Philip with the Kennedys.

Bubbly and Small Talk With Her Majesty

LONDON -- Queen Elizabeth II stood in the White Drawing Room, the late afternoon sun flowing in from the vast windows overlooking the Buckingham Palace gardens.

washingtonpost.com

BurberryBrit said:
Is anyone going to Churchill Downs? Tickets are sold out but I'm thinking of going because I've always wanted to go to the derby.

My husband and I are thinking of going with some hesitation. The Derby normally draws close to 100,000 spectators - I think this year, with good weather and the Queen, the number will most definitely go up! Something to consider....

Diane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom