The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think speeches at wedding receptions for British royals are usually private, but you could try google just in case there's a copy floating around somewhere.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks Elspeth!!

Old 02-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II tours the newly opened Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute at Cambridge University on February 2 2007. The centre will bring together more than 300 scientists in the fight against the disease.

Queen Elizabeth
Queen Elizabeth 2
Queen Elizabeth 3
Queen Elizabeth 4 (love her expression on this one )

more pictures from wenn here.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Administrator

That's really a special pic, Avalon
Here is another nice gallery of pics from getty --> Link
What a nice dress the Queen wore, it already reminds me a bit of the coming spring..
Old 02-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

The reminded me of my grandmother in the picture, Iceflower.

Pieces of Queen Victoria's 167-year-old wedding cake go on display
They won't let you eat cake at Windsor Castle, but visitors are being invited to admire a couple of 167-year-old slices.
Pieces of Queen Victoria's wedding cake will go on display as part of an exhibition on Royal weddings from 1840 to 1947 to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II's diamond anniversary this year, palace officials said.

Picture of the cake in the original cardbox --- picture.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
The reminded me of my grandmother in the picture, Iceflower.

Pieces of Queen Victoria's 167-year-old wedding cake go on display
They won't let you eat cake at Windsor Castle, but visitors are being invited to admire a couple of 167-year-old slices.
Pieces of Queen Victoria's wedding cake will go on display as part of an exhibition on Royal weddings from 1840 to 1947 to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II's diamond anniversary this year, palace officials said.

Picture of the cake in the original cardbox --- picture.
I don't know if I'd want to look inside the box!
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm with ysbel here. And why would someone want to keep cake for 167 years in the first place. I am sure there were other items from the wedding that were, shall we say, less perishable, than the wedding cake. Wedding gown, gifts that she received, invitations, etc... But then again, to each their own... but for me, that's just a scary thought. Where on earth have the kept it for so long.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Ah, but now it is part of history, isn't it? And it's placed in a museum...
If the cake (what's remained of it anyway) manages to survive another century, I expect it will cost a fortune!
Old 02-02-2007, 05:38 PM

If someone dared you to eat a bit would you? I probably would just to say I'd eaten some of Queen Victoria's wedding cake.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
If someone dared you to eat a bit would you? I probably would just to say I'd eaten some of Queen Victoria's wedding cake.
...and you would be seen to asylum straight away, before you could explain you meant not the actual wedding cake but 167 years old remaining of the cake in the museum. Though I suppose you’d be sent to an asylum after that explanation anyway (for eating 167 years old cake).

I would definitely not try it. I doubt I could as much as look at it, come to that.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:53 PM

Just think - 167 years of alcohol maturing in fruit cake. One raisin could send you blind. I gotta get me that cake!
Old 02-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Elizabeth heads to Amsterdam

Amsterdam - Queen Elizabeth will arrive in the Netherlands Monday for a low-key visit to mark the 400th anniversary of Amsterdam's English Reformed Church, the oldest English-speaking congregation outside the United Kingdom.

IOL: Queen Elizabeth heads to Amsterdam
Old 02-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II meets local residents outside the church after attending the morning service at West Newton, in Norfolk, England, Sunday Feb. 4, 2007

Britain's Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos
Old 02-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
I was just on the royal website and learned that the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will be in the US for the 400th anniversary settlement of Jamestown. This is great since its only about a 30 minute drive. I think I can swing this.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Queen Elizabeth heads to Amsterdam

Amsterdam - Queen Elizabeth will arrive in the Netherlands Monday for a low-key visit to mark the 400th anniversary of Amsterdam's English Reformed Church, the oldest English-speaking congregation outside the United Kingdom.

IOL: Queen Elizabeth heads to Amsterdam
more is here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7-a-11637.html
Old 02-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
I was just on the royal website and learned that the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will be in the US for the 400th anniversary settlement of Jamestown. This is great since its only about a 30 minute drive. I think I can swing this.
I will cross my fingers for you!
Old 02-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Thanks Skydragon! I've already told my boss that I want that day off. Hopefully, I'll get a pic or two. Be nice to get an "intro"! I would love to meet the Duke of Edinburgh and hear some of his wit!
Old 02-06-2007, 04:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I don't know if I'd want to look inside the box!

By the sight of it, it's yucky!! Nothing like the Seinfeld episode where Elaine eats the piece of Edward VIII & Wallis Simpson wedding cake.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Royal Highness

I am certain that this has been asked at some point, but when the Duke passes away, who will inherit his title, Duke of Edinburgh? Will it be Prince Harry? He's the only one I can think of who would inherit it, because ducal titles pass to the male heir, right? Thanks!
Janet

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 02-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I may be wrong but I believe the Earl of Wessex will inherit the title Duke of Edinburgh.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii