The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Aristocracy

Does anyone know if the Duchess of Cornwall's milliner Philip Treacy has ever created anything for HM? I was curious after reading the above article.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen pays tribute to Britain's top achievers
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
Gallery: Reception pictures

Old 12-20-2006, 02:44 AM
Administrator

The Queen And The Duke Of Edinburgh Host An Achievers Reception - 19.12.2006:

Queen 1 Queen 2 greeting Zara and Mike grandmother and granddaughter
Old 12-20-2006, 04:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
The Queen And The Duke Of Edinburgh Host An Achievers Reception - 19.12.2006:

greeting Zara and Mike
I like this pictures. He seems to be a very well-mannered man with just the right amount of respect for the queen and affection for his girlfriend's grandmother, while the queen seem to like him as well. The Duke's face is priceless when he is kissed by his granddaughter...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen honours golden girls Zara and Thandie
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...een-zara-mike/

HM Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip will visit Netherland
see HM Queen Beatrix next February 5, 2007
http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/1555/1/
Old 12-20-2006, 10:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

the queen is in good fisic state
Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
Queen honours golden girls Zara and Thandie
the quuen look so pround of her granddaughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zara was in her time the most rebeld and now is a golden children, good for her
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Excellent pictures, Iceflower and sara1981. Her Majesty is a proud grandmother. And she likes Mike quite a lot, judging by the pictures.
More pictures of the reception from getty here.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Elizabeth II to visit Netherlands

Queen Elizabeth II will visit the Netherlands in February to mark the 400th anniversary of the English Reformed Church in Amsterdam.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061220...s_061220144200
Old 12-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen to podcast Christmas message to the Commonwealth

Queen Elizabeth is to podcast her traditional Christmas message to the Commonwealth for the first time, Buckingham Palace said.
Keeping abreast with the latest technology, the iPod-owning monarch's festive broadcast will be available to download from the royal family's website on Christmas Day.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Aristocracy

I have three questions for you. The first one who can answer them all wins the Grand Prize. LOL

1. Does anyone know if The Queen is now at Sandringham?
2. Was it Zara Philips who was the «main» guest at the competition or was it Mike Tindall.
and finally
3. Does The Queen really have an Ipod?? That would be funny to know.

Thanks everyone for answering (In advance LOL)
Old 12-22-2006, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II lays a few small mirror tiles around the head of baby Jesus on a nativity collage made by schoolchildren at Southwark Cathedral on December 7, 2006 in London, England. The children and their artwork feature in this year's Christmas broadcast from Her Majesty. The Queen's Christmas speech this year highlights how all religions stress the need to nurture and guide the young. In her December 25 message, the monarch will speak about the importance of the relationship between the generations. She will say: "The wisdom and experience of the great religions point to the need to nurture and guide the young, and to encourage respect for the elderly."
London, England - 22.12.06

Pictures:
Queen Elizabeth
Old 12-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

British queen too shy to watch her Christmas speech with royals:

London - Britain's Queen Elizabeth II is too shy to watch her Christmas Day broadcast to the Commonwealth with the rest of the royal family, a newspaper report said Saturday.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/worl...ewsid=30022344
Old 12-23-2006, 10:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Her Maj thanks Our Boys
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006590570,00.html

Queen praises courage of troops
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6207031.stm
Old 12-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Troops 'chuffed' by Queen's message

British troops in Iraq were "really chuffed" to receive the Queen's supportive Christmas message and said it was nice to be remembered.

Army spokesman Captain Tane Dunlop said the troops on the ground were delighted to receive the message.
"I think everyone is really chuffed. Obviously the Queen is constitutionally head of state and head of the Armed Forces, and British forces have the highest respect for the Queen. "It is really nice that she is thinking of us during the festive season, particularly those of us out on operation."
Old 12-24-2006, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II smiles after filming this year's Christmas broadcast issued on December 24, 2006 at Southwark Cathedral, south London, England. The Queen's Christmas speech this year is available as a podcast for the first time in the history of the annual message. The Queen will highlight in her 2006 message how all religions stress the need to nurture and guide the young.

Picture: Queen Elizabeth smiles after her speech
Old 12-27-2006, 01:02 PM

Her Majesty's speech was a pretty good one IMO. It wasn't a disaster like that awful one two years ago and although it pandered slightly to the PC brigade, it's always a highlight to hear the message.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

the queen and her family in St Mary Magdalene's Church for a Sunday Service http://www.polfoto.dk/polfoto/search...t2=sandringham
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen strips Hamed of MBE honour

Former world boxing champion "Prince" Naseem Hamed has been stripped of his MBE honour on the orders of Queen Elizabeth II.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070101...d_070101151504
Old 01-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth May Withdraw Royal Warrant From Burberry

Queen Elizabeth may withdraw her Royal Warrant from fashion label Burberry. The royal's decision was made after joining a campaign to stop the closure of one of its factories in Wales.
The queen has joined son Prince Charles in expressing her concern about the planned closure, which will result in the loss of 300 jobs.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Queen Elizabeth May Withdraw Royal Warrant From Burberry

Queen Elizabeth may withdraw her Royal Warrant from fashion label Burberry. The royal's decision was made after joining a campaign to stop the closure of one of its factories in Wales.
The queen has joined son Prince Charles in expressing her concern about the planned closure, which will result in the loss of 300 jobs.
Quite right, I certainly won't be buying anything from them, if they close the welsh factory. They may make some rather smart riding coats, but I'm sure drizabone will be able to supply something nice to tide me over!

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii