The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you so much for the pictures.
This one of Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh is a really great one!

Picture Gallery from Wenn.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Courtier

Queen Elizabeth coming to Louisville on Derby weekend
By Alex Davis
The Courier-Journal
Queen Elizabeth coming to Louisville on Derby weekend
Quote:
the U.S. Secret Service confirmed it is preparing for a visit by Queen Elizabeth II to Louisville on the first Saturday in May.
Patricia Lee, a spokeswoman for the British consulate general in Chicago, said the government typically doesn’t announce personal side trips that are made before or after an official state visit. Lee said a trip to Louisville for the Derby would most likely be classified as personal.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth ll visited the University of East London on February 16, 2007 in London, England.

Pictures:
Queen Elizabeth
Queen Elizabeth 2
Queen Elizabeth 3

Gallery of pictures from Wenn
Gallery of pictures from Getty
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Elizabeth II might attend Derby

LOUISVILLE — Queen Elizabeth II might attend the Kentucky Derby.
The U.S. Secret Service is preparing for a "probable" visit from the queen around the first weekend in May. The Derby is Saturday, May 5

Queen Elizabeth II might attend Derby - USATODAY.com
Old 02-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Thank you so much for the pictures.
This one of Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh is a really great one!

Picture Gallery from Wenn.
The links don't work.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisaR
The links don't work.
That is common with links from getty - just click the 'refresh' button, it usually helps. The same goes for pictures from Wenn.

And just in case it doesn't work, here is the picture from Getty, posted by Iceflower, stored in my private account.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...9/73344267.jpg
Old 02-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth out riding in the grounds of Windsor Castle, UK, February 17, 2007.
It is the first time the Queen hast returned to riding since cancelling various engagements last year with her back problems.

Pictures:
Queen Elizabeth riding
Queen Elizabeth riding 2

Gallery of pictures from Abaca
Old 02-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Aristocracy

Can someone tell me who is the person riding with Her Majesty? Is it her bodyguard or someone in charge of her security or is it the person taking care of her stables and horses?
Old 02-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Nobility

Does anyone know if prince phillip ever went riding with the Queen?
Old 02-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'am surprised that the queen doesn't wear some type of helmet while riding.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent

South Pacific Yaohnanen Tribe Believe Duke of Edinburgh Is A God
Philip may be a duke, but to some he's a god

Squatting at the base of an enormous banyan tree, an elderly village chief holds his most prized possession between bony fingers. "Philip sent this to us," he said. "Now we have three of them."
A signed portrait of HRH the Duke of Edinburgh is an incongruous sight in the middle of a South Pacific jungle, but for this remote village in Vanuatu it is a revered part of their daily lives.
As unlikely as it sounds, the people of Yaohnanen and surrounding villages worship 85-year-old Prince Philip as a god.
They believe him to be the son of an ancient spirit who inhabits a nearby mountain on the island of Tanna.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Courtier

Basically the same information published in the past.

2002 for the Golden Juliblee (Fact number 50) Buckingham Palace press releases > 50 facts about The Duke of Edinburgh

Royal Insight mailbox 2003 Royal Insight > March 2003 > Mailbox > Page 1

June 2006 Is Prince Philip a god? | the Mail on Sunday
Old 02-19-2007, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I supposed the news surfaced again because the tribe has just now learnt the Birthday date of their 'God'.
And they are planning big celebrations.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Nobility

Good for you Ma'am!

Quote:
Queen Elizabeth out riding in the grounds of Windsor Castle, UK, February 17, 2007.
I think it's amazing that she is still so active in her 80s.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
She never did and as a patron people said a while ago that she wasn't leading the example. I suppose that it is a habit that she has had for many years now.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
HM The Queen never wears and never wore helmet while riding a horse.HM only wears a scarf.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:50 AM
Heir Apparent

that true Her Majesty never wear helmet but the Majesties using scraf for ride horse,etc during her respectives
Old 02-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
That is common with links from getty - just click the 'refresh' button, it usually helps. The same goes for pictures from Wenn.

And just in case it doesn't work, here is the picture from Getty, posted by Iceflower, stored in my private account.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...9/73344267.jpg
Thank you.

(The refresh button didn't work this time).
Old 02-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Pic 20.02.2007

British monarch HM Queen Elizabeth II receives the Ambassador of Sudan, Mr Omer Mohamed Ahmed Siddig, who presented his Letter of Credence at Buckingham Palace, London, 20/02/2007

----> Pic
Old 02-23-2007, 03:41 AM
Administrator

Pics 22.02.2007

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh attends the Boodles Big Bash at the Hilton Hotel February 22, 2007 in London, England:

Philip 1
Philip 2

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii