Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 12: October-November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did notice that during the procession from the Robing Room to the House of Lords, Her Majesty appeared to be supporting part of her robe with her right hand to keep it from pulling on her back.

She is truly an amazing royal and she should be an example for all other royals - not just her own family. Hard to imagine the present group of young royals working as hard as this in years to come.

She is the definition of duty and dedication.:flowers: Hope she gets to feeling better soon -I'm plotting a trip over to Jamestown to see them next May if I can work it out with my job, etc!:) :) It's probably the closest I will ever get to Her Majesty and I hope she is in fine form for her trip.

I am so excited!!!!

They just announced she and Prince Philip will be coming to the U.S. next May on a STATE VISIT!!!!!

Bring out the glamour and tiaras.....this is fantastic!!!

They will be visiting Jamestown, VA to mark the 400th anniversary and will of course be guests at a state dinner at the White House!!

Duke Of Edinburgh Awards 50th Anniversary

Caption: LONDON - NOVEMBER 16: Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh accepts a Royal Charter from Queen Elizabeth II on behalf of his awards scheme during a reception at Buckingham Palace on November 16, 2006 in London. The Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme celebrates its 50th anniversary after being founded by Prince Philip. The charity runs one of the best-known adventure programmes for able-bodied and disabled young people aged 14 to 25. (Photos by Pool/Anwar Hussein Collection/Getty Images)

Pic 1 Pic 2

I thought it was a bit dissapointing State Visit wise. I wanted Her Majesty to announce she would recieve Queen Beatrix.

it was wonderful to see her so Brave while im sure shes got some pain, I Have to Admit I Thought she wouldnt make it and P.O.W would have to fill in.

I think that she probably said to herself, «if I don't go, I am letting my country down».

I wasn't suprised in seeing her go to Parliament but I think that she should really start to slow down her engagements if she wants to recover.

(Imagine we are saying that she was so brave in doing this but finally she has recovered LOL)

BeatrixFan said:
I thought it was a bit dissapointing State Visit wise. I wanted Her Majesty to announce she would recieve Queen Beatrix.

Well, they only announced outgoing state visits, so there is still a chance.;) :rolleyes:

I think it would be great seeing Queen Beatrix in the UK as well!!!

sirmax said:
Well, they only announced outgoing state visits,

Direct quote from The Queen's Speech at the Opening of Parliament in 2005 which announces an incoming visit:
"We also look forward to receiving their majesties King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway."

Avalon said:
Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh arrived at Samuel Whitbread Community College in Bedfordshire to officially open a new college building on Friday, November 17, 2006.

The Queen seems to be feeling better. Hopefully the worst part is behind her.

selrahc4 said:
Direct quote from The Queen's Speech at the Opening of Parliament in 2005 which announces an incoming visit:
"We also look forward to receiving their majesties King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway."

Thanks!!! I read the The Queen's Speech but I guess that I accidently skipped that line. :lol:

Skydragon said:
Key aides move to Windsor ahead of Queen's retirement

The Queen has taken a step closer to 'semi-retirement' by moving her two closest members of staff to Windsor Castle and making plans to hand more of her responsibilities to Prince Charles.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=417251&in_page_id=1766&ito=1490

While I don't know if I believe all the information in the article, I wouldn't be suprised given the Queen's age and her recent back troubles. But I doubt the Queen's retirement will come close to a conventional retirement.

I am also not suprised that the Queen plans to live at Windsor, she has always considered that her home and Buckingham Palace as her office.

Last edited:
59th wedding anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II and The Duke of Edinburgh

Happy Wedding Day!

I must say that the Queen looked good during the opening of Parliament. She sounded nice and clear. It was nice how the Duke held her arm during and after the opening speech and he managed to walk the two steps behind her. He's such a charming dude! He also looks comfort in his role as the Queen's princely consort for the past 59 years.

It was nice to see the Queen out and about. I hope she is over her back problems. She looked great at the opening of Parliament.

Happy Wedding Anniversary to Her Majesty and The Duke of Edinburgh! :flowers:

Caravaggio painting owned by Queen Elizabeth II goes on display in Rome train station

A Caravaggio painting owned by Queen Elizabeth II that languished for years in a dusty storeroom will go on display at a gallery in Rome's main train station Tuesday, officials said.

Pictures of the painting
Picture 1 Picture 2

Queen Elizabeth II Honours Wavamunno

For his support and contribution to the foundation of St John's Ambulance, the Consulate of Hungary and Chairman Spear Motors, Gordon Wavamunno, has been bestowed with the Honourary Appointment and Admission of Officer (Brother) in the order of St. John by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, who is also the Sovereign Head of the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of St John of Jerusalem, on recommendation from the Grand Council and members of the Royal Family.

Last edited:
Happy Anniversary To Her Majesty And His Royal Highness!!!!!! :)

Happy Anniversary to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh !!!!! Hoping a huge celebration next year for their Diamond Wedding Anniversary.

Last edited:
HM and The Duke of Edinburgh will visit Uganda in 2007 for the opening ceremony of the conference of the Commonwealth Heads of State.

HM will host the annual reception for the Corps Diplomatique at Buckingham Palace tonight.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page5662.asp

...slowing down indeed,starting with over a thousand handshakes...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom