The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Heir Apparent

i got messages from my cell phone about HM Queen cant attend Parliament because she not feeling well im really surprise news about HM Queen's health got down i dont know if she will go or not dues Doctor's order says ok or not.

Queen may be too unwell to open British parliament: reports
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061104...n_061104212615

Old 11-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's still just speculation at this point so we'll need to wait and see.

Old 11-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
True, but I think if it was made clear that the only reason was because of the weight she could bring it back next year. I think it is better that she opens without the crown then have someone else do it.

Question : some articles are saying that Prince Charles might do it, but I thought it was the Lord Chancellor (sp?), is there a chance he could do it, or are TRF members smarter then the journalists (again)

Got some info from Royal Insight (mmmm that name looks familar)
http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/page1875.asp
Oh, you found it! For some reason I couldn't.
And yes, that's me.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thats cool Elisa :)
Old 11-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

She's in great pain but insists she will open Parliament

The Queen's agonising back pain - 'she's going through murder' said a Palace source yesterday - is being caused by chronic sciatica.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23373347-details/She's%20in%20great%20pain%20but%20insists%20she%20will%20open%20Parliament/article.do
Old 11-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
She's in great pain but insists she will open Parliament

The Queen's agonising back pain - 'she's going through murder' said a Palace source yesterday - is being caused by chronic sciatica.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23373347-details/She's%20in%20great%20pain%20but%20insists%20she%20will%20open%20Parliament/article.do
That's what I call dedication to duty. I just hope it will not be too difficult for Her Majesty.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Aristocracy

I don't know how truthful this article but it states that the Queen is planning to hand over a great majority of her public duties to Prince William over the next three years.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7005420813
Old 11-06-2006, 07:39 PM

Rubbish. If the Queen was going to hand over any public duties it would be to Charles.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's very unlikely to be true. I wonder why they think she'll be handing over duties to Prince William when he has his army career to think about and Prince Charles is available to take on the duties. Sounds like wishful thinking on the part of the author.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:49 PM

If it is true I shall become a republican. And I am unanimous in that.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Aristocracy

My heart goes out to HM- I have sciatica too (thankfully no pain right now) and I know how painful it is.
Hopefully she is receiving treatment and taking whatever pain medication she needs for relief, & she'll be feeling better soon.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtonruben359
I don't know how truthful this article but it states that the Queen is planning to hand over a great majority of her public duties to Prince William over the next three years.

This was the same journalist that claimed several New York Muslims were offended by a half-naked billboard of Kate Moss across from their mosque. Actually nobody complained. Somebody saw the billboard across the street from mosque and thought it would make a tittilating story.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 11-06-2006, 11:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Gossip Rags lol sheesh.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtonruben359

I think this article has very little to do with facts or truth. They seem to have forgotten that William is committed to training with the RAF and the Royal Navy, after he finishes at Sandhurst!
Old 11-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth Tops List Of "Britishness" Online Poll

Queen Elizabeth was the reigning majority vote on a recent internet poll. The monarch was seen at the top of the list of what "Britishness" means to youngsters in the U.K.
The survey - conducted by Google.com - asked Brits aged between 4-18-years-old to portray what "Britishness" meant to them through symbols, graphics and drawings.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-07-2006, 02:37 PM

Now this is good news. Extremely good news. In fact, it's made me smile.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm glad the news made you smile, Beatrixfan! They certainly made me smile as well, though there could hardly be any other answer in the poll, could there?

Queen Elizabeth II receives Poland's President Lech Kaczynski and first lady Maria Kaczynski at Buckingham Palace in London November 7, 2006.

Pictures:
Queen Elizabeth with Poland's President and First Lady
Queen Elizabeth with Poland's President and First Lady 2

Queen Elizabeth II receives Tanzania's High Commissioner Mwanaidi Sinare Maajar at Buckingham Palace in London November 7, 2006.

Picture:
Queen Elizabeth and Mwanaidi Sinare Maajar
Old 11-07-2006, 03:08 PM

Very true. I had started to worry about the younger generation and their view of the Queen but speaking to my cousins 7-11, they all said that they thought the Queen was a nice lady who was really special. Let's hope they keep that up!
Old 11-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I don't think we needed a poll to tell us that!
Old 11-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Heir Apparent

HM Queen Elizabeth II meet polish president at palace

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii