Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 11: July-October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hebridean Princess Cruise

I'm sure the whole family will enjoy the walks along the secluded beaches, some of which you can only get to by boat. I wonder if they will indulge in a little clay pigeon shooting or the fishing. I don't see the Queen taking a speedboat ride! :D :D

The Queen, Princess Anne and Commander Laurence arrive at Port Ellen (Isle of Islay) to embark on their trip aboard The Hebridean Princess. It is a week-long cruise around the Western Isles to celebrate the Queen's 80th birthday on July 21, 2006. - Abaca Press

Wow! The queen in pants and headscarf! She looks great. We don't see her like this too often.

Not sure I like seeing HM in trousers but she's on her hols so enjoy it Ma'am!

I think she looks great in trousers, i would love it if she started wearing trousers out in public from time to time, but i doubt thats going to happen

I have never seen Her Majesty in pants, except fot the years she was 20 or something. I think I remember a picture of her, when she was in jeans.
She looks lovely, imo. Wish she would wear pants more often.
Hope the whole family is going to have a great time.

She looks fine. :) I hope she'll enjoy her trip.

Avalon said:
How exactly she is supposed to answer the appeal? :confused:
And why is she reffered as
As British monarch and Britain's Head of State,The Queen does not interfere or meddle in such problems as The Queen & Prince Philip are to remain neutral always.Such problems (the letter) will be forwarded to the appropriate government department or agency by Buckingham Palace for further action / review.In the letter,The Queen should be addressed or salutated as either Your Majesty or Ma'am and not Your Royal Highness which is reserved for other members' of the British Royal Family including the Duke of Edinburgh.

Last edited:
Wow 80 year Queen Elizabeth is great perceft dress and scarf!!! She is see out great dress and perfecft his old.!!! She is see out happy and have much birthday his big day 80th birthday week in june and july!!! Queen Elizabeth have much visit in England and Norway,many visit his 80th birthday!!!

Skydragon said:
I'm sure the whole family will enjoy the walks along the secluded beaches, some of which you can only get to by boat. I wonder if they will indulge in a little clay pigeon shooting or the fishing. I don't see the Queen taking a speedboat ride! :D :D

Or doing any waterskiing, surfing, & windgliding. She'll leave that to the grandchildren ;)

Skydragon said:
The Queen, Princess Anne and Commander Laurence arrive at Port Ellen (Isle of Islay) to embark on their trip aboard The Hebridean Princess. It is a week-long cruise around the Western Isles to celebrate the Queen's 80th birthday on July 21, 2006.
OMG, the Queen in pants :eek: *BMC faints from shock* :D

Last edited by a moderator:
BMC said:
OMG, the Queen in pants :eek: *BMC faints from shock* :D
No need to be surprised and shocked of as The Queen has worn pants previously.The Queen wore pants when she was discharged from King Edward VII hospital in central London after undergoing surgery in her left knee to remove a torn cartilage in December 2003.

Last edited:
Just some1 see the wonderful pics that Gettyimage have from the exposition of the Queen dress and jewels... possible some member can find more, it semes have wonderful things there that belng to the queen!

Gowns from Dress For The Occasion, an exhibition of evening dresses and jewellery worn by Queen Elizabeth II during State occasions on display in the State Rooms at Buckingham Palace, London for it's Summer Opening from tomorrow.
Tuesday July 26 2006.

pictures by Fiona Hanson

Images from profimedia, yahoo/ap and reuters

Attachments

• NWS-1133993.jpg
    NWS-1133993.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 228
  • NWS-1133994.jpg
    NWS-1133994.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 277
  • NWS-1134054.jpg
    NWS-1134054.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 262
  • NWS-1134117.jpg
    NWS-1134117.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 203
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 466
  • r3054177553.jpg
    r3054177553.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 430
  • r4107046607.jpg
    r4107046607.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
The chauffeur story is wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing it.

Images from getty

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 223
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 250
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 207
srivishnu said:
No need to be surprised and shocked of as The Queen has worn pants previously.The Queen wore pants when she was discharged from King Edward VII hospital in central London after undergoing surgery in her left knee to remove a torn cartilage in December 2003.

True but I've never seen her wear pants to a function like this. I've seen her in her riding outfit, and the picture of her after the knee operation.
AFAIK, she has always worn a dress to public functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom