Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 11: July-October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sirmax said:
Have you seen the picture with The Queen's Eye. Poor her!! Hope she will get better soon.

Does anyone know why her eye is like that
The Queen has a burst blood vessel in her right eye.

I was rather shocked to see her eye :ohmy: I guessed it was a burst blood vessel but its good for HM sake that they do not hurt.

Hopefully by her upcoming State Visit's, it should have cleared :flowers:

Avalon said:
Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh greet the President of the Italian Republic Giorgio Napolitano and his wife Clio at Buckingham Palace, in London, 13 October 2006.
So, our President visited the Queen. I didn't know. I'm not watching the news much lately. :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Roslyn said:
:sad:

Would it be possible for the rules about not setting out chunks of articles in posts be relaxed a bit when the linked article is in Arabic?

Please.

When people link to an article in another language, it's helpful to provide a summary and maybe a translation of a few sentences so the rest of us can get an idea of what's in the article. However, according to a lawyer consulted by the forum owner, translations of entire articles are illegal, for the same reason that posting a full English-language article would be.

Elspeth said:
When people link to an article in another language, it's helpful to provide a summary and maybe a translation of a few sentences so the rest of us can get an idea of what's in the article. However, according to a lawyer consulted by the forum owner, translations of entire articles are illegal, for the same reason that posting a full English-language article would be.

Thanks for explaining. :flowers:

This is still 'breaking news' so it will be awhile before pictures start coming in.

The Duke of Edinburgh has paid a brief visit to Iraq, Buckingham Palace has confirmed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6075418.stm

ETA- THe article has been updated, there is a picture and a video link.

Last edited:
sirmax said:
Have you seen the picture with The Queen's Eye. Poor her!! Hope she will get better soon.

Does anyone know why her eye is like that

It looks like she burst a blood vessel.My sister had that and while it looks alarming, it gets reabsorbed by the body in relatively short order. Apparently it's not painful at all!

Oppie said:
This is still 'breaking news' so it will be awhile before pictures start coming in.

The Duke of Edinburgh has paid a brief visit to Iraq, Buckingham Palace has confirmed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6075418.stm

ETA- THe article has been updated, there is a picture and a video link.

I appreciate the fact that he didn't read his speech.

This picture of Queen Elizabeth II, with crown, swollen mofletes and face of repollo, exhibited in the Tate Modern, of the American artist George Condon, has caused to ciero commotion and controversy in the British press

source:terra

This picture of Queen Elizabeth II, with crown, swollen mofletes and face of repollo, exhibited in the Tate Modern, of the American artist George Condon, has caused to ciero commotion and controversy in the British press

I'm not surprised, to be honest. It looks as though a head-shrinker has been at work, followed by a not very skilled taxidermist.

Last edited:
scooter said:
It looks like she burst a blood vessel.My sister had that and while it looks alarming, it gets reabsorbed by the body in relatively short order. Apparently it's not painful at all!

The good thing was that it came back in order for the Baltic State Visit.

With relief that Her Majesty's eyes are in good state now and wishing her a perfect health, we can start a new thread, which can be found here.

Thanks to everyone, who contributed to this thread! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom