The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth Officially Opens Scotland's Restored Art Gallery

Queen Elizabeth II arrived in Glasgow today to officially mark the opening of the city's new and improved Kelvingrove Art Gallery. She was joined by her son, Prince Charles, at the event and was met by Lord Provost Liz Cameron, council leader Steven Purcell and Bridget McConnell when she arrived.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-14-2006, 11:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Proud tots' letter from The Queen

PEOPLE might be surprised to know that some of the most passionate Royalists in the city enjoy colouring with crayons and making papier maché.

http://www.peterboroughnow.co.uk/Vie...icleID=1769464
awww, thats too cute, it was very nice of the palace to respond. i specially likes the little kid that said that the queen must be important because she's on stamps and even his mum doesnt have that. too, too cute!

Old 09-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Proud tots' letter from The Queen

PEOPLE might be surprised to know that some of the most passionate Royalists in the city enjoy colouring with crayons and making papier maché.

http://www.peterboroughnow.co.uk/Vie...icleID=1769464
Such a sweet little story.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Off with her head! Royal row as queen stamped out

Britain's Royal Mail has introduced one of the most radical changes ever to the postal system, letting customers buy stamps online -- but the move sparked a royal row centred on the queen's head.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060919...t_060919114806
Old 09-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth Looking To Employ Non-British Staff To Solve Royal Crisis

Queen Elizabeth is in desperate need of staffing at the royal palace. But the queen is especially desperate to hire Eastern European workers to solve a royal recruitment crisis.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-22-2006, 03:44 PM

That story is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. They make advertisements for staff seem like they're a huge thing. They advertise for the same positions alot because each member of the Royal Family has one or two. For example, Princess Alexandra has two footmen. If one leaves, the Queen advertises for a new one and they get posted to Alexandra's household so it's nothing to do with the Queen's staff. This is an excuse to make a big point of the Romanian and Bulgarian influx we're expecting next year and to highlight the last influx which was from Poland.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Queen Elizabeth Looking To Employ Non-British Staff To Solve Royal Crisis

Queen Elizabeth is in desperate need of staffing at the royal palace. But the queen is especially desperate to hire Eastern European workers to solve a royal recruitment crisis.
I can certainly understand why, if this story is true. Very few Brits want to work in service, they seem more interested in shouting about their rights than in doing any work. A lot of 'youngsters' are too busy getting a degree in phsychology or my favourite, Madonna. The nicer ones tend to want to be high fliers in the city, civil servants, teachers, nice clean work.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince fears media embarrassment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5385814.stm
Old 09-27-2006, 02:13 PM

Are the PC brigade happy now they've rubbished Prince Philip and made him feel that he has to hide away?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Poor Philip, however this is also based on Paxmans' book and we all know how accurate he has been so far! I also take exception to the BBC headline. Philip does not fear anything IMO and from the actual article which says "The Duke of Edinburgh has revealed he retreated from the media spotlight so he would not "be an embarrassment", we can all see that fear is not mentioned at all!
Old 09-30-2006, 05:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Windsor Castle has a Muslim prayer room

London, Sept 30: Queen Elizabeth II has sanctioned the creation of a special prayer room at Windsor Castle, her favourite residence, during the Islamic fasting month of Ramadan.

http://www.newkerala.com/news4.php?a...lnews&id=30074
Old 09-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Windsor Castle has a Muslim prayer room

London, Sept 30: Queen Elizabeth II has sanctioned the creation of a special prayer room at Windsor Castle, her favourite residence, during the Islamic fasting month of Ramadan.

http://www.newkerala.com/news4.php?a...lnews&id=30074
I'm not sure what I think about that. I'll have to ponder it a bit longer.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:19 PM

Well, I'm not keen on the idea and I think the Queen's been forced into the decision but there we are.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Personally I think it is a considerate action on an employer who has Muslim staff and a hostess who has Muslim at .
times.

This shows that the Queen, IMHO, is in touch with the changing nature of her country and is recognising that the Islamic community form an increasingly large percentage of her people within Britain itself.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:46 PM

The percentage is a minute one. There are more Jews than Muslims. Is the Queen going to erect a synagogue in Windsor Great Park?
Old 10-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Well, I'm not keen on the idea and I think the Queen's been forced into the decision but there we are.
Yes,I agree with you.Since The Queen has approved for a room to be converted to be a Muslim prayer room then The Queen should set up a Hindu temple for the Hindu staffs (if there are),a Buddhist temple for Buddhist staffs' (if there are),a synagogue for Jew staffs',a Baha'i center for Baha'i staffs' (if there are) and a Jain temple for Jain staffs' (if there are) at Windsor Castle.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Courtier

I used to lend out my office to muslim co-workers so they had somewhere to pray. I think the article over blew things a bit. She likely was just given an empty office to use. The Queen might not even know about it since this girl works at the gift shop. I know the women who used my office didn't need anything 'set-up' they just brought everything with them.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:25 PM

I agree. If you provide for one, you've got to provide for the rest and it becomes pathetic political correctness.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
Personally I think it is a considerate action on an employer who has Muslim staff and a hostess who has Muslim at times.
As it is only for the fasting month of Ramadan, I too think she is just being considerate.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:29 PM

Will Her Majesty let her Jewish live-in employees have a special room for a Passover meal?

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii