The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 01:56 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/default.stm

If you look down the page, you can watch a teaser of "The Queen" movie. It's just showed in Venice. If the link has gone, search for "Queen Movie Venice" and it should come up. From the 60 sec clip of the film, Helen Mirren appears to have caught the Queen perfectly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5297518.stm

A better link. The video clip from the Queen can be found in the right hand corner. Well worth a watch.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana
...in a pot?
"Two peas in a pod"
Maybe the peas had been taken out of the pod and put into the pot...you never know...

Old 08-31-2006, 06:00 PM
Administrator

An extremely cute pic of the Queen well, I hope it's okay to call it cute

"Queen Elizabeth II takes an early morning ride with a groom in Balmoral, UK on August 31, 2006."

(abacapress)
Old 09-01-2006, 06:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

SUBSIDY QUEEN

THE Queen was on the list of farmers in Britain who received handouts totalling £1.8billion from Europe last year.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm...name_page.html
Old 09-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth was placed into 46th position in the Forbes Annual List of 100 Most Powerful Women.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Courtier

"... Forbes estimates her personal fortune at $500 million, not counting, of course, such state treasures as Buckingham Palace and the Crown Jewels."

Personal fortune? It's highly overstimated.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:21 PM

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall at the Braemar Games - they all seem to be having a wonderful time.

From Getty Images

From PolFoto

Old 09-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall at the Braemar Games - they all seem to be having a wonderful time.
This has made my day- thanks for the postings Beatrix F.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, this one made my day too! What a great pic. I love Camilla's 'hat', btw. It really suits her!
Old 09-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

That's really a great picture (the one, where Her Majesty and Prince Charles laugh), as well as the others, posted by BeatrixFan, thanks for them.
It's so nice to see the Family enjoying time with each other (and enjoying the game as well apparently!).
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Courtier

HM and the HRH's certainly seem to be very comfortable in each others company.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:07 PM

I like this one;

It's rare to see the Princess Royal, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Queen, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall all together and all laughing their heads off!

(Polfoto)
Old 09-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Is Camilla wearing the Balmoral tartan there?
Old 09-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I love this photo with laughing Queen! She looks relaxed, happy... like a little girl in candy-shop

Thank you all for those pics and stories
Old 09-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

British royal family attend Highland Games

Queen Elizabeth II and other members of the royal family watched Scotland's peculiar Highland Games, where events involve tossing the caber (a heavy wooden pole) and the tug of war.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060902...s_060902190803
Old 09-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Royal Highness

That is wonderful pics... i just love to now what make then all smile like that, ir semes be a lot of fune...!
Old 09-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana
This has made my day- thanks for the postings Beatrix F.

Yeah, I loved that picture too. It shows that even the Queen of England isn't above having a good laugh with her son.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-02-2006, 10:23 PM

Apparantly, they were laughing at a sack race.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:04 AM
Administrator

One more funny pic of the Queen at the Braemar Games - she's always very active while watching something..

(abacapress)
Old 09-03-2006, 06:26 AM
Aristocracy

Camilla

they look so happy has a family and i'am so happy for camilla!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii