Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 11: July-October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HM and the HRH's certainly seem to be very comfortable in each others company.

I like this one;

It's rare to see the Princess Royal, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Queen, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall all together and all laughing their heads off!

(Polfoto)

Is Camilla wearing the Balmoral tartan there?

I love this photo with laughing Queen! She looks relaxed, happy... like a little girl in candy-shop:clap:

Thank you all for those pics and stories:)

Last edited:
That is wonderful pics... i just love to now what make then all smile like that, ir semes be a lot of fune...!

juliana said:
This has made my day- thanks for the postings Beatrix F.

Yeah, I loved that picture too. It shows that even the Queen of England isn't above having a good laugh with her son. :)

Apparantly, they were laughing at a sack race.

One more funny pic of the Queen at the Braemar Games - she's always very active while watching something..:)

2808qhl.jpg

(abacapress)

Camilla

they look so happy has a family and i'am so happy for camilla!!!!!!:wub:

BeatrixFan said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/default.stm

If you look down the page, you can watch a teaser of "The Queen" movie. It's just showed in Venice. If the link has gone, search for "Queen Movie Venice" and it should come up. From the 60 sec clip of the film, Helen Mirren appears to have caught the Queen perfectly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5297518.stm

A better link. The video clip from the Queen can be found in the right hand corner. Well worth a watch.

Thank you for providing the link but BBC tells me that the video is for "UK viewers only" - okay, they surely can see that my IP adress is from Germany, but still I think it's a strange occurence in he World Wide Web....

That's very odd indeed. I wonder if there's anyway of getting around it.

Does anyone know where I can get a on-line copy of the Thanksgiving Service for The Queen's Birthday at St. George Chapel in April 2006

I doubt you'd get one online but if you write to the Dean of Windsor he might be able to send you one.

Thanks so much for posting those lovely photos, BeatrixFan. Everyone is so obviously comfortable and happy and having a great time. I feel lighter and happier just looking at the pics.

In reference to the picture iceflower posted, I don't think I have ever seen the Queen crossing her legs while sitting in a chair in public.......then again, I haven't seen her sitting much. ^_^

QueenMaharet said:
In reference to the picture iceflower posted, I don't think I have ever seen the Queen crossing her legs while sitting in a chair in public.......then again, I haven't seen her sitting much. ^_^
I have seen pictures of her with her legs crossed, and i believe there is footage in the documentary Elizabeth R where she is sitting watching tv with her legs cross----i had heard that it was really against protocol for a royal lady to sit like that---but if the queen does it from time to time it mustnt be I suppose.

Princess Anne always crosses her legs - and very fine legs they are too but I've never seen the Queen cross her legs when sitting at an official function. Maybe it's because she feels so relaxed at Braemar that she can just relax.

Here is a weird question...besides senior members of the Royal Family...who else is on the stand?

Usually it's a few Ladies in Waiting and other members of the Court such as the Lord Chamberlain etc.

Ugandan state house ready to host Queen Elizabeth II by middle 2007

The construction of Uganda's state house in the southern city of Entebbe will be completed by the middle of next year and Britain's Queen Elizabeth II will likely take it as residency during the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) here in late 2007, a Ugandan official said on Wednesday.

Thanks for the picture iceflower. That's really a funny pic of the Queen.

Prince Philip will participate in the ceremony to mark the return of the bodies of 14 men killed in the Nimrod crash in Afghanistan will be held at RAF Kinloss on Tuesday.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_objectid=17713499&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=minefield-hero-died-in-bid-to-save-pal-name_page.html

Prince tells racers to drive carefully

Prince Philip inspected a fleet of classic cars Thursday before they sped off on a London-to-Monte Carlo rally -- and even offered their drivers a handy tip.

Last edited:
Wow Queen Elizabeth is much smile and happy!!! She and his son Charles see out happy on photo!!! Wow wow royal family with duchess Camilla sittning same ¨photo!!! Duchess Camilla is more elegant dress and hat! Duchess Camilla see out happy and smile!Queen Elizabeth is 80 year and great good healt!!!

SEPTEMBER 12: The Duke of Edinburgh (left) arrives at the ceremony for the 14 British servicemen killed, - Getty Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom