The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 08:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by gaoshan1021@Dec 18th, 2003 - 8:05 pm
I know just how much I rely on my own faith to guide me through the good times and the bad.
Each day is a new beginning. I know that the only way to live my life is to try to do what is right, to take the long view, to give of my best in all that the day brings, and to put my trust in God. Like others of you who draw inspiration from your own faith, I draw strength from the message of hope in the Christian gospel.
Fortified by this and the support you have given throughout the last 12 months, which has meant so much to me, I look forward to the New Year, to facing the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead, and to continuing to serve you to the very best of my ability each and every day.
A Happy Christmas to you all.
What else can Queen Elizabeth II do but give her full support to the gospel of divine right of kings and queens? How else can she justify the behavior of her buffoon husband and her idiot son?

Old 12-19-2003, 08:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that we have to remember that Prince Phillip and Prince Charles do do good works, too.

Yes, Prince Phillip sometimes makes very inappropriate or ignorant comments, and Charles has had more than one scandal plague him. But I find that the horrendous comments that come out of Phillip's mouth or the scandals Charles finds himself embroiled in overshadow all the good they do do on a regular basis.

Old 12-20-2003, 01:33 AM
Aristocracy

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I just saw these pictures of Her Majesty's face surgery. I knew about the knee surgery but not the face? What happened to her face to have to have the surgery? It looks painful? Was it that mole that was abover her eyebrow? Was it removed and what of her nose and below her eye? I feel so sorry for her, nobody there to help her down the stairs, no grandchildren. I know the royal family doesnt visit sick people if they are contageous but face surgery has no risk of catching anything, it is cruel. I would have stood behind my grandmother and made sure she got down the steps ok. And why was Her Majesty wearing heels? She could have gotten easier shoes to walk in, its just her formality :) I truly love the Queen!

Get Well Soon Your Majesty :flower:
Old 12-20-2003, 10:35 AM
Courtier

The Queen Mother was never helped down the stairs when she was ill -- it doesn't mean her children didn't love her. They don't like to be seen being helped places, it doesn't give an appearance of strength. It's just not how the family handles things, but Philip was probably at the Palace waiting for her, and her children and grandchildren have probably seen and/or talked to her.

She had some skin lesions removed from above her eyebrow and around her nostril. The Palace said that they had been tested earlier and weren't cancerous.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:33 AM
Courtier

Have all the family arrived at Sandringham for the holiday yet? I was sure we would hear some news or see pictures of the younger royals out and about before the holiday...
Old 12-23-2003, 05:58 AM
Royal Highness

I belive so. The Cristhmas is this week. But i have to confesse that i just look for pics and i don't find nothing, so we have to wait until 25 when they go for service.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:07 AM
Serene Highness

yeh i think we'll have to wait to
Old 12-24-2003, 12:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Yahoo News

Britain's Queen Elizabeth shocked by corgi death: report

Tue Dec 23, 7:42 PM ET

LONDON (AFP) - Britain's Queen Elizabeth II was said to be distraught after an English bull terrier owned by her daughter Princess Anne killed one of her beloved corgis, a best-selling newspaper said.

"His death has left her deeply saddened. Everyone knows what the corgis mean to her. They are loyal, faithful and cherished," said a royal insider quoted by The Sun tabloid.

"The incident has certainly put a damper on the Christmas holiday. It's terrible and everyone at Sandringham is very upset," the unnamed source was quoted as saying.

Elizabeth was said to be "absolutely devastated" over the death of Pharos after he was savaged by Dottie, according to the newspaper.

Just last year Anne, known as the Princess Royal, was fined after Dottie attacked two children in Windsor Great Park, in west London.

Buckingham Palace refused to comment on the alleged incident, which was said to have happened on Monday afternoon as the royal family gathered for Christmas at Sandringham in Norfolk, east England.

According to The Sun the bull terrier attacked Pharos, injuring the corgi's legs, when Dottie ran to greet Anne on arrival at Sandringham.

Pharos was treated by royal vets and kept in intensive care overnight but had to be put down.
Old 12-24-2003, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Yahoo News

Royal Christmas overshadowed by death of queen's corgi
Wed Dec 24, 4:17 AM ET

LONDON (AFP) - The royals were gathering at their country retreat for Christmas as Queen Elizabeth II mourned the death of one of her beloved corgis, reportedly killed by her daughter's dog.

The queen, convalescing after knee and facial surgery earlier in December, was said to be "absolutely devastated" over the death of Pharos, who The Sun said was savaged by Princess Anne's English bull terrier, called Dotty.

"His death has left her deeply saddened. Everyone knows what the corgis mean to her. They are loyal, faithful and cherished," said a royal insider quoted by The Sun on Wednesday.

"The incident has certainly put a damper on the Christmas holiday. It's terrible and everyone at Sandringham is very upset," said the unnamed source.

Buckingham Palace refused to comment on the alleged incident, which was said to have happened on Monday afternoon as the royal family gathered for Christmas at Sandringham in Norfolk.

According to The Sun the bull terrier attacked Pharos, injuring the corgi's legs, when Dotty ran to greet Anne on her arrival at Sandringham.

Pharos was treated by royal vets and kept in intensive care overnight but had to be put down, The Sun said.

Princess Anne became the first British royal to be given a criminal record in November last year when she was fined, reportedly for allowing Dotty -- short for Dorothy -- to attack two children in Windsor Great Park, west of London.

The queen passion for her beloved corgis is well documented and the small Welsh farm dogs are often seen with her on official duties.

Chipper, one of the queen's earlier dorgis -- a cross between a dachshund and a corgi -- was attacked and killed by the late Queen Mother's corgi, Ranger.

The Sun claimed in 1999 that the queen demoted a royal footman for allegedly spiking a corgi's water with whiskey and gin.
Old 12-24-2003, 03:45 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
I'm not a dog person myself so I just don't see it. But that's a shame to lose a beloved pet like that.
Old 12-24-2003, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 24th, 2003 - 2:45 pm
I'm not a dog person myself so I just don't see it. But that's a shame to lose a beloved pet like that.
i know that!

Princess Anne's dog is English bull! but Princess Anne's dogs will harm over HM's dogs will easy to dies for sakes! that not fun for Queen you know that its would mourn over Queen on Christmas eve and Christmas day that not good one!

Sara Boyce
Old 12-24-2003, 04:32 PM
Majesty

Pit bulls and trouble go hand in hand.
Old 12-24-2003, 04:40 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 24th, 2003 - 3:32 pm
Pit bulls and trouble go hand in hand.
is that first hand knowledge? Ever owned a pit bull?

There are all sorts of dogs you don't hear about that bite. Bull Terriers, Dobermans, Rotteweilers...they make the news.
When I was a child and bit by a dog (needing stitches) it wasn't by one of those breeds and all I did was skip past a dog who attacked me.
Old 12-24-2003, 05:24 PM
Commoner

i love animals and i have lost a few of my dogs by human hand a lot of people don't ontherstand that those dogs are dangerous to humans and other pets i feel bad for the black cloud that has follind in the queens christmas but she is a stong person...god bless her for caring for her animals like that... that mines that she have a heart...
merry christmas everyone :( :( :(
Old 12-24-2003, 06:53 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by baezid@Dec 24th, 2003 - 4:24 pm
i love animals and i have lost a few of my dogs by human hand a lot of people don't ontherstand that those dogs are dangerous to humans and other pets i feel bad for the black cloud that has follind in the queens christmas but she is a stong person...god bless her for caring for her animals like that... that mines that she have a heart...
merry christmas everyone :( :( :(
by 'those dogs' are you referring to Pit Bulls?

They are no more dangerous to humans as any other dog. Having raised 'pit bulls' aka American Pit Bull Terriers they were wonderful dogs.
I really despise the trash talk of these dogs by people who have never owned one and have no idea what they are truly like. Fear breeds fear.

There's good dogs and bad dogs of every breed.....more or less it is in how they are raised and treated. Usually the fault lay with the owner and handler.
Old 12-24-2003, 06:55 PM
Gentry

and I should add that ANY dog which has attacked/bitten a human or animal should always be treated with caution.
Pss Anne probably should have left the dog at home, or muzzled the dog...if not going to the extreme and had this dog put down after the attack last year.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:25 PM
Majesty

You're right. I was speculating because I hear about pit bulls. However, I'm not much of a dog person to begin with. Also I had not realized that it was the same dog that got the Princess Royal in trouble with the law last year.
Old 12-25-2003, 12:09 AM
Majesty

For those of you in the US, you'll be able to watch the Queen's Speech at 6:15 EST PM if you have BBC America or at 15 minutes into any broadcast of the World News from the BBC after that time. I know my PBS station shows it at 7. It's the same broadcast.
Old 12-25-2003, 03:47 AM
Courtier

I know why Queen Elizabeth is absolutely devastated over the death of her beloved corgis, Pharos. Maybe some will think that it's funny to think that it's like a family member of the Queen had just died because she is mourning to that extent but it's because her dogs have already been a part of her life. When the queen went through all the thick and thins in her life, it's not only her loved ones who was with her but also her pets.

So, it's just sad to loose such a valued family member or pet. I remembered two years ago, my pet dog died because he was hit by a car when we had a walk on the streets. I was saddened by that event but after months, I was already relieved because if one keeps on mourning, no use. One should move on in his/her life.

But I hope that she would not mourn that much and be sad because it's Christmas! It should be a time to cherish and enjoy!!!.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 12-25-2003, 06:30 AM
Courtier

Is the text of the Queen´s speech already published?Are there photos of the royal going to chuch.I would like to see photos of Sophie and perhaps Louise.

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii