Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 1: December 2002-April 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 24th, 2003 - 2:45 pm
I'm not a dog person myself so I just don't see it. But that's a shame to lose a beloved pet like that.
i know that!

Princess Anne's dog is English bull! but Princess Anne's dogs will harm over HM's dogs will easy to dies for sakes! that not fun for Queen you know that its would mourn over Queen on Christmas eve and Christmas day that not good one!

Sara Boyce

Pit bulls and trouble go hand in hand.

Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 24th, 2003 - 3:32 pm
Pit bulls and trouble go hand in hand.
is that first hand knowledge? Ever owned a pit bull?

There are all sorts of dogs you don't hear about that bite. Bull Terriers, Dobermans, Rotteweilers...they make the news.
When I was a child and bit by a dog (needing stitches) it wasn't by one of those breeds and all I did was skip past a dog who attacked me.

i love animals and i have lost a few of my dogs by human hand a lot of people don't ontherstand that those dogs are dangerous to humans and other pets i feel bad for the black cloud that has follind in the queens christmas but she is a stong person...god bless her for caring for her animals like that... that mines that she have a heart...
merry christmas everyone :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

Originally posted by baezid@Dec 24th, 2003 - 4:24 pm
i love animals and i have lost a few of my dogs by human hand a lot of people don't ontherstand that those dogs are dangerous to humans and other pets i feel bad for the black cloud that has follind in the queens christmas but she is a stong person...god bless her for caring for her animals like that... that mines that she have a heart...
merry christmas everyone :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:
by 'those dogs' are you referring to Pit Bulls?

They are no more dangerous to humans as any other dog. Having raised 'pit bulls' aka American Pit Bull Terriers they were wonderful dogs.
I really despise the trash talk of these dogs by people who have never owned one and have no idea what they are truly like. Fear breeds fear.

There's good dogs and bad dogs of every breed.....more or less it is in how they are raised and treated. Usually the fault lay with the owner and handler.

and I should add that ANY dog which has attacked/bitten a human or animal should always be treated with caution.
Pss Anne probably should have left the dog at home, or muzzled the dog...if not going to the extreme and had this dog put down after the attack last year.

You're right. I was speculating because I hear about pit bulls. However, I'm not much of a dog person to begin with. Also I had not realized that it was the same dog that got the Princess Royal in trouble with the law last year.

For those of you in the US, you'll be able to watch the Queen's Speech at 6:15 EST PM if you have BBC America or at 15 minutes into any broadcast of the World News from the BBC after that time. I know my PBS station shows it at 7. It's the same broadcast.

I know why Queen Elizabeth is absolutely devastated over the death of her beloved corgis, Pharos. Maybe some will think that it's funny to think that it's like a family member of the Queen had just died because she is mourning to that extent but it's because her dogs have already been a part of her life. When the queen went through all the thick and thins in her life, it's not only her loved ones who was with her but also her pets.

So, it's just sad to loose such a valued family member or pet. I remembered two years ago, my pet dog died because he was hit by a car when we had a walk on the streets. I was saddened by that event but after months, I was already relieved because if one keeps on mourning, no use. One should move on in his/her life.

But I hope that she would not mourn that much and be sad because it's Christmas! It should be a time to cherish and enjoy!!!.

Is the text of the Queen´s speech already published?Are there photos of the royal going to chuch.I would like to see photos of Sophie and perhaps Louise.

Louise didn't go to church. Why would anyone expect a 6-7 week old baby who was born prematurely *to be taken* out in the cold?

*added this*

I think people are just interested in seeing the baby again since we haven't seen her since she left the hospital with her parents.

And afterall, Maxima took Catharina-Amalia out shopping only 2 weeks or so after she was born. Although, of course, attending a long church service in which quiet is appreciated may not be the best place for a newborn. I guess Catharina-Amalia could've created all the fuss she wanted in the throngs of shoppers and nobody would notice the difference!

Amalia wasn't born prematurely, though. You can't do the same things with preemies while they're still vulnerable.

And I agree that Louise wouldn't have been quiet during the service, which is another reason not to take her. But William wasn't taken to church for Christmas services for several years, (until his parents could be sure he'd behave). None of the Queen's grandchildren were taken to church until they were old enough to sit still and keep quiet.

PBS times are different in each market. But it came one in the second half of the BBC News for me.

Found this on the Royal Fantasy Yahoo Group today:

"Dotty, the dog accused of killing one of the Queen's corgis, is an
innocent victim of mistaken identity, Buckingham Palace conceded
last night.

It was reported that the culprit could be one of the Princess
Royal's other English bull terriers, Florence, after vets compared
the corgi's wounds with the two dogs' jaw sizes.

Dotty has been vilified since being blamed for savaging the corgi
last Monday and even faced a death sentence because it was a "repeat
offender".

The RSPCA called for the dog to be put down because of its attack on
two children last April, which resulted in the Princess acquiring a
criminal record. A spokesman for the animal charity described Dotty
as "unpredictable" and a "rogue dog".

The corgi, Pharos, had to be put down the morning after it was
attacked when the Princess arrived at Sandringham with her dogs.
Several corgis raced down the main staircase and one of the terriers
pounced on Pharos, mauling its hind legs. The Queen was said to
be "devastated" by the death of her pet.

Last November, the Princess was fined £500 by East Berkshire
magistrates under the Dangerous Dogs Act and ordered to keep Dotty
on a lead in public places after it attacked two cousins as they
cycled in Windsor Great Park."

I wonder if the RSPCA is going to apologise for demanding that Dotty be destroyed. Somehow, I doubt it.

I have heard that they have already called for that.

It's good that they apologised. I've only heard negative things about the organisation from ppl who've needed their assistance and didn't get it.

Sorry. Read it too quickly. I had just heard that they asked for it be destroyed. Don't know if they apologized.

No problem. I'll check the bbcnews.com site to see if there's any info about an apology. But I would be surprised if they did, simply because it would so humiliating for them.

it was the princess herself that identified her dog. she pulled her dog (dotty) away when the dogs were fighting. so, how could she as the owner of the dog identified it wrongly ?

dotty is dangerous and since this is its second attck, it should be put down. Now that it turns out to be florence and not dotty, dotty doesn't need to be put down. the same goes to florence as this is its first offence.

so there you go, the dog goes free !!

found this on sky.com today. apparently the dog florence attacked a royal maid !!

ANNE'S DOG ATTACKS MAID

A royal maid was attacked by the Princess Royal's killer bull terrier just days after it savaged one of the Queen's corgis, Buckingham Palace has confirmed.

Florence the English bull terrier attacked the woman while at Sandringham on Saturday, biting her on the knee, a Palace spokeswoman said.

The woman, reportedly in her 50s, was treated on the estate by a doctor who had been called by Anne after hearing of the attack.

The dog will now undergo behavioural retraining, but the Palace spokeswoman refused to comment on whether it would have to be put down.

The spokeswoman added that the wound was a "minor bite" and the woman did not need hospital treatment.

Last week, Florence so badly mauled Pharos, one of the Queen's oldest and best-loved corgis, that it had to be put down.

The Sun reported that Saturday's attack came when the maid, who is believed to have worked for the Queen for two decades, had gone with three other women to clean Anne's room.

The Princess and her husband were not in the room at the time but were on the estate.

One of Anne's other bull terriers, Dotty, was originally blamed for last week's corgi attack but was formally cleared by the Palace after a mistaken identity.

But before Dotty was cleared, the dog was vilified by the nation and the RSPCA had reportedly called for it to be put down as it would have been a second attack.

Anne became the first member of the Royal Family to get a criminal record when she was fined £500 when Dotty attacked two children in Windsor Great Park, Berkshire.

Again? Something has to be down to control the behaviour of the dogs.

hi i want to know way you have anne in number 9 if she was born after charles shouldn't she be number 4????? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

In Britain, sons and their offspring come before daughters and their offspring. So it's Charles, his offspring, Andrew, his offspring, Edward, his offspring, and then Anne and her offspring.

"THE Queen has personally apologised to royal housemaid Ruby Brooker
after the servant was bitten by one of Princess Anne's dogs.

In a private audience with the maid, the Queen expressed her concern
over the attack by bull terrier Florence at Sandringham last
weekend.

Mrs Brooker, 55, had been with three other housemaids when cleaning
Princess Anne's rooms. To their alarm, all three of the Princess'
terriers were roaming freely in her quarters.

As the dogs became increasingly agitated the maids fled, but Mrs
Brooker, 55, was not quick enough and was bitten on the knee.

The incident came just five days after the same animal savaged
Pharos – one of the Queens favourite corgis – which was put down.

Mrs Brooker's husband, David, played down the incident.

He said it was "only to be expected that the Queen would show
sympathy ... personally".

"We own dogs ourselves, including a rottweiler, so we are used to
them," he said.

"Princess Anne saw her and apologised the same day. It was very
amicable. Ruby carried on working and the doctor has given her the
all-clear.

"She knows Princess Anne's dogs well. I think they were bored
because they were shut up.

"When (Ruby) came home ... she said: 'I got bitten by Princess
Anne's dog today. Bloody hell, it didn't half hurt.' But you don't
really sue the Queen, do you?"

Health and safety officials have already interviewed Mrs Brooker.

Buckingham Palace has declined to comment on the incident, which has
led to renewed public pressure on the Princess to control her pets.

It is barely 15 months since another of her terriers, Dottie,
attacked two boys, 12 and 7, riding bikes in a park. The father of
the younger boy said his son remained "deeply traumatised".

"He won't go to the park and hasn't ridden his bike since. The boys
have been to see psychiatrists. My son keeps asking me if the dog
that hurt him has been put down," he said.

The Princess was fined $1180 and ordered to have Dottie re-trained.

Original reports named the same dog as the perpetrator of the
Christmas mauling of Pharos, but Palace officials laid the blame at
Florence's door. She now is likely to undergo behavioural treatment. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom