The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip News and Pictures 8: July - Sept 2005

Welcome to Part VIII of the Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip News and Picture Thread.

The old thread is here:

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip News and Pictures 7: June - July 2005

Old 07-23-2005, 02:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think these have been posted. From Getty Images:TRH Australian Prime Minister John Howard has an audience with HM Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace on July 22, 2005 in London, England.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Queen and PM.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	172137   Click image for larger version

Name:	Queen and PM2.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	172138  

Old 07-23-2005, 07:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the pictures,Danielle.
ANyone know about this year's Cartier Polo?Will the Queen attend that?I think Her Majesty did last year.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 07-23-2005, 09:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
I don't think these have been posted. From Getty Images:TRH Australian Prime Minister John Howard has an audience with HM Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace on July 22, 2005 in London, England.
Thakyou Danielle - terrific photos! Doesn't John Winston Howard look delighted to be in the presence of our Queen
Old 07-23-2005, 10:35 AM
Courtier

:)

Which room is that? It's beautiful. What a carpet!
Old 07-23-2005, 10:46 AM
Administrator

The room re-named

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisaR
Which room is that? It's beautiful. What a carpet!
In the absence of a definitive answer (how many drawing/reception rooms does Buckingham Palace have?) we may call it "the very elegant room with stunning crystal chandelier and ornate gilt and blue sofa and chairs. And carpet." :)
Old 07-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Courtier

Good name! And I suggest, as a shorter form, "The Beautiful Drawing Room".

I've just found this announcement on the official site. The funny aspect is that an hour ago I was listening to a Mozart concert conducted by Sir Charles Mackerras and I was wondering who he was!

Buckingham Palace press releases

FIRST WINNER OF THE QUEEN'S MEDAL FOR MUSIC ANNOUNCED
16 July 2005

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS ISSUED BY THE PRESS SECRETARY TO THE QUEEN

The Queen has approved the award of The Queen's Medal for Music to Sir Charles Mackerras, CH, AC, CBE.

Sir Charles is the first recipient of this new award, which is to be made annually to an individual (or group of musicians) who is judged to have had a major influence on the musical life of the nation.

Announcing the award at the Royal Albert Hall on 16 July 2005, the Master of The Queen's Music, Sir Peter Maxwell Davies, made the following statement:

"Sir Charles Mackerras is one of the most highly respected and greatly loved musicians of our time. He was born in America and brought up in Australia, but he has worked in this country now for nearly sixty years, and has become a central figure in our musical life, bringing us discoveries and rare repertory in superb performances, with a continual spirit of adventure.

"Through the power and authority of his interpretations of Janacek, he introduced this country to the work of one of the greatest opera composers. He brought stylish performance practice to the music of the baroque and classical periods, especially Handel oratorio and Mozart opera. He has recently been enjoying acclaim around the world in a wide repertory from Brahms symphonies to Strauss operas; and this year he conducted Mozart's Magic Flute at both the Royal Opera and Glyndebourne.

"In this country, he has had long associations with English National Opera and Welsh National Opera, the BBC Symphony Orchestra and Concert Orchestra, the Scottish Chamber Orchestra, the Philharmonia, and the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment.

"Abroad, he has worked extensively with the Czech Philharmonic, recorded the Janacek operas with the Vienna Philharmonic, conducted the Orchestra of St Luke's in New York and the San Francisco Opera. He recently made his debut with the Berlin Philharmonic at the age of 78, and was immediately re-invited.

"Sir Charles turns 80 later this year, but he has the energy and commitment of someone half his age. Musical life in this country has benefited immeasurably from his presence among us, and will continue to do so. It is very fitting indeed that he should be the first recipient of The Queen's Medal for Music."

Background
1. The nominating process for the recipient of the medal is overseen by a Music Committee under the chairmanship of the Master of The Queen's Music.

The committee members are Michael Berkeley, Nicholas Kenyon, William Lyne, the Honourable Sir Humphrey Maud, Richard Morrison and Lord Moser.

2. The 75mm medal has been designed by Bethan Williams and will be cast in silver. All costs relating to the medal are to be funded by the Privy Purse.

3. The Queen will present the medal to Sir Charles, accompanied by the Master of The Queen's Music, during a private Audience on or around 22nd November 2005, St Cecilia's Day (St Cecilia being the patron saint of music), which is also the birthday of Benjamin Britten. In future years the announcement of the recipient will be made on St Cecilia's Day.

Read more about the Master of The Queen's Music
Old 07-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

You're welcome HMQueenElizabethII and Von Schlesian. It's a shame I couldn't find any more. I adore the chandelier. A very nice name for the room, Warren. :)

Edit: I found one more from Getty Images. :p
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Queen and PM3.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	172509  

Old 07-23-2005, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent

And i just found pictures of our Gracious Majesty at the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Diamond Skates in Newbury yesterday 23rd July:
Pictures from Abacausa Press:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HerMajesty.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	172510   Click image for larger version

Name:	TheQueen23rdJuly.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	172511   Click image for larger version

Name:	TheQueenAscotGeorgeVIandQueenElizabethDiamondStakesNewbury23rdJuly.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	172512  
Old 07-24-2005, 09:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Elizabeth Interested in Bulgaria's New Cabinet

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=50344
Old 07-24-2005, 11:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
And i just found pictures of our Gracious Majesty at the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Diamond Skates in Newbury yesterday 23rd July:
Pictures from Abacausa Press:
She clearly enjoyed the day. :)
Old 07-24-2005, 06:35 PM
Royal Highness

From gettyimages.com

HRH Queen Elizabeth II watches on Cartier International Day at Guards Polo Club, Windsor Great Park on July 24, 2005 in Windsor, England.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	53281013.jpg
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	172932   Click image for larger version

Name:	53281017.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	172933   Click image for larger version

Name:	53281019.jpg
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	172934  
Old 07-26-2005, 09:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Wow!!!!!!At last i have found the photo of Her Majesty at the Royal Garden Party on 21st July from Royal Insight.
Her Majesty looks really much lovely and elegant and the really nice new outfit:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Insight_jul05_gallery_lime_large.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	173265  
Old 07-26-2005, 11:10 AM
Royal Highness

Today from gettyimages.com

GBR: The Queen Visits Bexley Heath To Celebrate 50 Years As A Borough
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	53288110.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	173306   Click image for larger version

Name:	53288115.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	173307   Click image for larger version

Name:	53288123.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	173308   Click image for larger version

Name:	53288126.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	173309  

Old 07-26-2005, 12:26 PM
Courtier

And some say the Queen doesn't show emotions! I read fun on her face. She looks really good.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:35 PM
Courtier

Yes, she does! :)
Old 07-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks you so much for the new pics of Her Majesty,marezdote.She looks really happy and relax.
Her Majesty seems is re-wearing some hats she has not worn since 2002.The last time The Queen wearing the hat at Cartier Polo and now at Bexley was in 2002,and since then she has not worn it again until now.And i'm very happy to see Her Majesty wearing these hats again,i really like these lovely hats especially the one Her Majesty wore at Bexley.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II looks at her mother, Queen Elizabeth's 'White Wardrobe' which forms part of the special exhibition for the summer opening of Buckingham Palace, inside the Palace in central London, 27 July 2005. The exhibition will open to the public this Saturday on July 30:
Pics from Getty Images:

I think this outfit was about 6-7 years ago::)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	53292823.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	173917   Click image for larger version

Name:	53292826.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	173918  
Old 07-28-2005, 04:49 AM
Heir Apparent

http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/content...A50%3A23%3A293
Welcome Ma'am

27 July 2005

THOUSANDS royalists lined the streets of Bexleyheath hoping to catch a glimpse of Her Majesty the Queen on her first visit to the borough in 25 years.

The Queen's visit to the town centre on Tuesday also marked the council's 40th anniversary.

Her Majesty was met by five Bexley pupils on a visit to Bexleyheath Police Station in Arnsberg Way where she was presented with a special medal.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:52 AM
Heir Apparent

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/n...rm_welcome.php
The Queen gets a warm welcome
By Local London Reporter

THE QUEEN was cheered by thousands of people as she went on a walkabout in Bexleyheath Broadway.

Accompanied by music from St Michael's Primary School, Welling's steel band and Beths Grammar School's Big Band, she chatted to many of the flag-waving crowds.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii