Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 7: July-September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think these have been posted. From Getty Images:TRH Australian Prime Minister John Howard has an audience with HM Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace on July 22, 2005 in London, England.

Attachments

• Queen and PM2.jpg
    Queen and PM2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 379
  • Queen and PM.jpg
    Queen and PM.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 656
Thanks for the pictures,Danielle.
ANyone know about this year's Cartier Polo?Will the Queen attend that?I think Her Majesty did last year.

Danielle said:
I don't think these have been posted. From Getty Images:TRH Australian Prime Minister John Howard has an audience with HM Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace on July 22, 2005 in London, England.

Thakyou Danielle - terrific photos! Doesn't John Winston Howard look delighted to be in the presence of our Queen;)

:)

Which room is that? It's beautiful. What a carpet! :eek:

The room re-named

ElisaR said:
Which room is that? It's beautiful. What a carpet! :eek:
In the absence of a definitive answer (how many drawing/reception rooms does Buckingham Palace have?) we may call it "the very elegant room with stunning crystal chandelier and ornate gilt and blue sofa and chairs. And carpet." :)

Good name! And I suggest, as a shorter form, "The Beautiful Drawing Room".

I've just found this announcement on the official site. The funny aspect is that an hour ago I was listening to a Mozart concert conducted by Sir Charles Mackerras and I was wondering who he was! :D

Buckingham Palace press releases

FIRST WINNER OF THE QUEEN'S MEDAL FOR MUSIC ANNOUNCED
16 July 2005

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS ISSUED BY THE PRESS SECRETARY TO THE QUEEN

The Queen has approved the award of The Queen's Medal for Music to Sir Charles Mackerras, CH, AC, CBE.

Sir Charles is the first recipient of this new award, which is to be made annually to an individual (or group of musicians) who is judged to have had a major influence on the musical life of the nation.

Announcing the award at the Royal Albert Hall on 16 July 2005, the Master of The Queen's Music, Sir Peter Maxwell Davies, made the following statement:

"Sir Charles Mackerras is one of the most highly respected and greatly loved musicians of our time. He was born in America and brought up in Australia, but he has worked in this country now for nearly sixty years, and has become a central figure in our musical life, bringing us discoveries and rare repertory in superb performances, with a continual spirit of adventure.

"Through the power and authority of his interpretations of Janacek, he introduced this country to the work of one of the greatest opera composers. He brought stylish performance practice to the music of the baroque and classical periods, especially Handel oratorio and Mozart opera. He has recently been enjoying acclaim around the world in a wide repertory from Brahms symphonies to Strauss operas; and this year he conducted Mozart's Magic Flute at both the Royal Opera and Glyndebourne.

"In this country, he has had long associations with English National Opera and Welsh National Opera, the BBC Symphony Orchestra and Concert Orchestra, the Scottish Chamber Orchestra, the Philharmonia, and the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment.

"Abroad, he has worked extensively with the Czech Philharmonic, recorded the Janacek operas with the Vienna Philharmonic, conducted the Orchestra of St Luke's in New York and the San Francisco Opera. He recently made his debut with the Berlin Philharmonic at the age of 78, and was immediately re-invited.

"Sir Charles turns 80 later this year, but he has the energy and commitment of someone half his age. Musical life in this country has benefited immeasurably from his presence among us, and will continue to do so. It is very fitting indeed that he should be the first recipient of The Queen's Medal for Music."

Background
1. The nominating process for the recipient of the medal is overseen by a Music Committee under the chairmanship of the Master of The Queen's Music.

The committee members are Michael Berkeley, Nicholas Kenyon, William Lyne, the Honourable Sir Humphrey Maud, Richard Morrison and Lord Moser.

2. The 75mm medal has been designed by Bethan Williams and will be cast in silver. All costs relating to the medal are to be funded by the Privy Purse.

3. The Queen will present the medal to Sir Charles, accompanied by the Master of The Queen's Music, during a private Audience on or around 22nd November 2005, St Cecilia's Day (St Cecilia being the patron saint of music), which is also the birthday of Benjamin Britten. In future years the announcement of the recipient will be made on St Cecilia's Day.

Read more about the Master of The Queen's Music

Last edited:
You're welcome HMQueenElizabethII and Von Schlesian. It's a shame I couldn't find any more. I adore the chandelier. A very nice name for the room, Warren. :)

Edit: I found one more from Getty Images. :p

Attachments

• Queen and PM3.jpg
    Queen and PM3.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
And i just found pictures of our Gracious Majesty at the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Diamond Skates in Newbury yesterday 23rd July:
Pictures from Abacausa Press:

Attachments

• HerMajesty.jpg
    HerMajesty.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 620
  • TheQueen23rdJuly.jpg
    TheQueen23rdJuly.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 432
  • TheQueenAscotGeorgeVIandQueenElizabethDiamondStakesNewbury23rdJuly.jpg
    TheQueenAscotGeorgeVIandQueenElizabethDiamondStakesNewbury23rdJuly.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 1,838
HMQueenElizabethII said:
And i just found pictures of our Gracious Majesty at the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Diamond Skates in Newbury yesterday 23rd July:
Pictures from Abacausa Press:

She clearly enjoyed the day. :)

From gettyimages.com

HRH Queen Elizabeth II watches on Cartier International Day at Guards Polo Club, Windsor Great Park on July 24, 2005 in Windsor, England.

Attachments

• 53281013.jpg
    53281013.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 332
  • 53281017.jpg
    53281017.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 368
  • 53281019.jpg
    53281019.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 332
Wow!!!!!!At last i have found the photo of Her Majesty at the Royal Garden Party on 21st July from Royal Insight.
Her Majesty looks really much lovely and elegant and the really nice new outfit:

Attachments

• Insight_jul05_gallery_lime_large.jpg
    Insight_jul05_gallery_lime_large.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 526
Today from gettyimages.com

GBR: The Queen Visits Bexley Heath To Celebrate 50 Years As A Borough

Attachments

• 53288123.jpg
    53288123.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 334
  • 53288126.jpg
    53288126.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 473
  • 53288115.jpg
    53288115.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 544
  • 53288110.jpg
    53288110.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 335
And some say the Queen doesn't show emotions! I read fun on her face. She looks really good.

Thanks you so much for the new pics of Her Majesty,marezdote.She looks really happy and relax.
Her Majesty seems is re-wearing some hats she has not worn since 2002.The last time The Queen wearing the hat at Cartier Polo and now at Bexley was in 2002,and since then she has not worn it again until now.And i'm very happy to see Her Majesty wearing these hats again,i really like these lovely hats especially the one Her Majesty wore at Bexley.

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II looks at her mother, Queen Elizabeth's 'White Wardrobe' which forms part of the special exhibition for the summer opening of Buckingham Palace, inside the Palace in central London, 27 July 2005. The exhibition will open to the public this Saturday on July 30:
Pics from Getty Images:

I think this outfit was about 6-7 years ago::)

Attachments

• 53292823.jpg
    53292823.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 373
  • 53292826.jpg
    53292826.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 367
http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/content/bexley/times/news/story.aspx?brand=BXYOnline&category=news&tBrand=northlondon24&tCategory=newsbxy&itemid=WeED27%20Jul%202005%2016%3A50%3A23%3A293
Welcome Ma'am

27 July 2005

THOUSANDS royalists lined the streets of Bexleyheath hoping to catch a glimpse of Her Majesty the Queen on her first visit to the borough in 25 years.

The Queen's visit to the town centre on Tuesday also marked the council's 40th anniversary.

Her Majesty was met by five Bexley pupils on a visit to Bexleyheath Police Station in Arnsberg Way where she was presented with a special medal.

Last edited by a moderator:
HMQueenElizabethII said:
Britain's Queen Elizabeth II looks at her mother, Queen Elizabeth's 'White Wardrobe' which forms part of the special exhibition for the summer opening of Buckingham Palace, inside the Palace in central London, 27 July 2005. The exhibition will open to the public this Saturday on July 30:
Pics from Getty Images:

I think this outfit was about 6-7 years ago::)

Here i have found the picture of the outfit The Queen wore in 1999-that is the same one:
From Getty Images:

Attachments

• 52106370.jpg
    52106370.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 351
HMQueenElizabethII said:
Here i have found the picture of the outfit The Queen wore in 1999-that is the same one:
From Getty Images:

6 years! It's almost a record.
During a state visit to Malaysia in 1998 she wore the same evening dress that she wore in the USA in 1991: 7 years after.

ElisaR said:
6 years! It's almost a record.
During a state visit to Malaysia in 1998 she wore the same evening dress that she wore in the USA in 1991: 7 years after.

No there just not that ElisaR.I have read in a book that said in the Queen's Silver Jubilee Year in 1977,she wore a very lovely dress and 19 years later in 1996,they saw Princess Margaret wore the same dress.:)

Other 2 pics of Her Majesty in Bexley from ANP Photo:

Attachments

• 2875449.jpg
    2875449.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 307
  • 2875454.jpg
    2875454.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 305
Royal Garden Party At Palace Of Holyroodhouse on July 28, 2005
photos from gettyimages

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 342
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 279
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 219
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 244
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 453
HMQueenElizabethII said:
No there just not that ElisaR.I have read in a book that said in the Queen's Silver Jubilee Year in 1977,she wore a very lovely dress and 19 years later in 1996,they saw Princess Margaret wore the same dress.:)

:eek: I would like to see that dress. :)

mandyy said:
Royal Garden Party At Palace Of Holyroodhouse on July 28, 2005
photos from gettyimages
Thanks lots for the pictures mandyy.Really lovely and relax Her Majesty.It is the same outfit that The Queen wore at the 200th Anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar but the hat is not the same one,they are 2 different hats.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Thanks lots for the pictures mandyy.Really lovely and relax Her Majesty.It is the same outfit that The Queen wore at the 200th Anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar but the hat is not the same one,they are 2 different hats.

You're right, it's a different hat. I didn't notice because it's similar to the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom