The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 01:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina

Thanks for posting that wonderful article, Reina. It really made me laugh and quite actually made my day.

You have hand it to the women though, her nonchalantness in situations where she has no idea what's going on is endearing. Excellent woman!!!

Old 03-03-2005, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow, Queen Elizabeth looked great in that red thing! Standing there with the younger girls, she even looked younger herself! The Queen is truly at a good stage in life, and holds her age wonderfuly.

Old 03-03-2005, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Any pics of The Queen's engagements yesterday?
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 03-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I think if The Queen does not know these legendary guitarist is normal,not funny.Firstly,Her Majesty is old now, we can not find many other women at her age know about these guitarist.Secondly,i' ve read in a book that Her Majesty and her late sister Princess Margaret both like the musics they had when they were young.Princess Margaret is interested in piano, Her Majesty like songs she had heard when she was young.And thirdly, we should remember that Her Majesty had lived through the World War II, so her thinking might be different.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

On Wednesday 2nd, Bill Gates received Honorary Knighthood from The Queen at Buckingham Palace.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:33 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
I think if The Queen does not know these legendary guitarist is normal,not funny.Firstly,Her Majesty is old now, we can not find many other women at her age know about these guitarist.Secondly,i' ve read in a book that Her Majesty and her late sister Princess Margaret both like the musics they had when they were young.Princess Margaret is interested in piano, Her Majesty like songs she had heard when she was young.And thirdly, we should remember that Her Majesty had lived through the World War II, so her thinking might be different.
Her and the Prince´s favorite song when they were courting was "People will say we´re in love.", I think. Can´t beat that. But you are right. It´s a generational thing. And studies have shown that as we get older, it is perfectly natural for us to not like newer music. Newer in chronology. Not newer to us. So it makes sense.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:56 AM
Courtier

"People will say we're in love" is a very nice song and I like listening at and singing it. :)

And it's true that people like songs from when they were young: it's perfectly normal.

And there are also people who are interested only in some types of music. I, for example, don't know any of those guitarists at all either, only I know that Queen and Led Zeppelin exist and I can remember (quite badly) two or three of the Queen's song. That's all. I'm not interested in 98% of the music of today, besides artists like Charlotte Church, Sarah Brightman, Loreena McKennit, some gaelic groups, Carla Bruni (do you know her? she's French and her most famous song's Quelqun m'a dit.) Then I like some songs I heard but without knowing the artist.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:54 AM
Courtier

Phil Collins was one of a host of music stars to meet the Queen for drinks and canapes at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday
Photo: © EMPICS

When greeting legendary guitarists Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page the Queen revealed that her musical tastes don't seem to stretch to their genre. "And what do you do?" she asked them
Photo: © AFP
Old 03-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Courtier

THE QUEEN HOSTS ROCK LEGENDS AT THE PALACE:

2 MARCH 2005

Queen Elizabeth welcomed rock royalty to Buckingham Palace on Tuesday evening when she hosted a reception for the industy's leading lumanaries. The evening turned into a crash course in the music genre for the Queen as she chatted with some of its key players.

Introduced to four of the country’s most famous guitar heroes - Brian May, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page and Eric Clapton - she asked: “And what do you do?” Brian May, lead guitarist for the group Queen, reminded her that he was the one who had played the National Anthem from the roof-top of Buckingham Palace to kick off the 2002 Golden Jubilee rock concert. “Oh! That was you was it?” she exclaimed.

Phil Collins, another of the evening's guests, said he had previously met the monarch at a tribute concert for Nelson Mandela.

"The Queen has heard my music," said the 54-year-old performer "but I don't know if she's a fan."

Some 500 guests were invited to the gala reception, and all except Geri Halliwell managed to turn up on time. The former Spice Girl broke protocol by arriving 40 minutes late - and, more importantly, after the Queen.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...musicindustry/
Old 03-04-2005, 11:55 AM
Royal Highness

Dennism I just realized that you posted the same article b/f I did. I am so sorry!
Old 03-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

March 2, 2005: Queen Elizabeth awarded honorary knighthood to Microsoft founder Bill Gates at the Buckingham Palace, London. Queen Elizabeth seen here with Bill Gates and his wife Melinda Gates.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	52263448.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	102705   Click image for larger version

Name:	52263450.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	102706   Click image for larger version

Name:	52263451.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	102707   Click image for larger version

Name:	52263454.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	102708  

Old 03-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

March 3, 2005: Queen Elizabeth received the Ambassador of Syria, Mr Sami M Khiyami and the Ambassador of Serbia and Montenegro, Dr. Dragisa Burzan at the Buckingham Palace.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	52271455.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	102713   Click image for larger version

Name:	52271457.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	102714  
Old 03-04-2005, 02:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

March 3, 2005: Queen Elizabeth at the 'New Testament Assembly Project' in Leytonstone, East London, to see Caribbean handicrafts and cooking at the church and community centre. Later the Queen will meet representatives from local help groups, including Kiran Asian Women's Aid. She will see the children's nursery, talk to volunteers and meet Community Street Wardens before unveiling a plaque to commemorate her visit.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	102736   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	102737   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	102738   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	102739  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	102740  
Old 03-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks lots for your pics,pdas1201.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Heir Apparent

More from Getty Images:
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Her Majesty looks really elegant.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:57 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Dennism I just realized that you posted the same article b/f I did. I am so sorry!
O, that´s okay. No worries.

"And there are also people who are interested only in some types of music. I, for example, don't know any of those guitarists at all either, only I know that Queen and Led Zeppelin exist and I can remember (quite badly) two or three of the Queen's song. That's all. I'm not interested in 98% of the music of today, besides artists like Charlotte Church, Sarah Brightman, Loreena McKennit, some gaelic groups, Carla Bruni (do you know her? she's French and her most famous song's Quelqun m'a dit.) Then I like some songs I heard but without knowing the artist."

Yeah, but I´ve heard of all of these people but the Queen knows a lot more about other things than I would. Besides, I have been called a "sponge" before when it comes to these things. Loreena is good. Yeah, most people just know songs and not the artists.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:29 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Engagements have not updated for 12 days.It's previous update was on 23rd of Feb but now it's already 7th March.Do you know why?
Old 03-08-2005, 04:36 AM
Heir Apparent

This shoe Her Majesty wore in 1997.Is this the same shoe Her Majesty always wear now?If so,she had worn this from the 1980s.I saw this shoe sometimes of the 1980s pics.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	52105173.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	104656  
Old 03-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Serene Highness

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM: Britain's Queen Elizabeth II receives His Excellency the Ambassador of Finland, Mr Jaakko Laajava, and His Excellency the Ambassador of Peru, Mr Luis Solari Tudela,who presented their Letters of Credence, at Buckingham Palace, London, 08 March, 2005. AFP PHOTO/KIRSTY WIGGLESWORTH/WPA POOL (Photo credit should read KIRSTY WIGGLESWORTH/AFP/Getty Images)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	105073   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	105074   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	53