Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 10: April-July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Elizabeth ll and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh visit Radholme Laund Farm near Clitheroe during a visit to Lancashire on May 25, 2006. Pictures from wireimage.

Prince Phillip with his Fell pony team taking part in the 2006 Hopetoun estate horse driving trials a two day event taking place near Edinburgh, Scotland Saturday May 27, 2006

from yahoo/ap

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 124
Thanks for the pics, fanletizia! The third one is very funny!:D

Avalon said:
Thanks for the pics, fanletizia! The third one is very funny!:D

Picture three, Philip is in the background!!:D :D It's a nessy at the front. :D

Skydragon said:
Picture three, Philip is in the background!!:D :D It's a nessy at the front. :D

You know, I really love your sense of humour, Skydragon. I mean it! :D :D :p

At last Nessy's existance is proven, due to Prince Philip, she had obviously come to support! :D Just wonder what the photographer thought when she just popped friendly in front of him?

I don't know; it seems mean-spririted but I guess if its published then there is an audience that likes that stuff. I was actually more impressed by the testimonies the men that served with Prince Philip in World War II gave. It gave a fuller picture of a man that while undeniably sharp-tongued, underwent hardship and was very loyal to his mates.

Of course, people that are in the market for a book of Philip's gaffes wouldn't care for these testimonies because the testamonies don't fall into the trap of describing Prince Philip as a caricature rather than a flesh and blood person.

ysbel said:
I don't know; it seems mean-spririted but I guess if its published then there is an audience that likes that stuff. I was actually more impressed by the testimonies the men that served with Prince Philip in World War II gave. It gave a fuller picture of a man that while undeniably sharp-tongued, underwent hardship and was very loyal to his mates.

Of course, people that are in the market for a book of Philip's gaffes wouldn't care for these testimonies because the testamonies don't fall into the trap of describing Prince Philip as a caricature rather than a flesh and blood person.

Well personally, I am someone who is interested in those testimonies but i am also someone who would be interested in his quick-witted sayings. I don't think it's mean spirited, just a bit of comic relief. I don't think it is meant to be taken seriously and afterall, the reason why many people admire this man is because of his frankness.

Australian, I whole heartedly agree. Most of his comments are taken out of context, which makes the statements appear offensive to a lot of people. Being PC can be so boring, it refreshing to read his comments. I'm putting the book on my Christmas/birthday wish list. :D

ysbel said:

Prince Philip is an open and honest man. I don't think he is ashamed of his "gaffes". He spoke his mind. Sometimes, it was quite fitting, but now who cares. The man is going to be 85. He has served Great Britain well. He was an outstanding Naval Officer. He is discreet when need be and loyal. Some of his children could have used some of his inner fortitude and loyalty.

Last edited by a moderator:
AuroraB said:
Australian, I whole heartedly agree. Most of his comments are taken out of context, which makes the statements appear offensive to a lot of people. Being PC can be so boring, it refreshing to read his comments. I'm putting the book on my Christmas/birthday wish list. :D

Me too! Most of the people he makes his jokey comments to, understand and think they are funny, like Jomo Kenyatta.:D

Liberia's president to meet with Queen Elizabeth II

Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf arrived Monday in Britain for a three-day visit to meet with Queen Elizabeth II as well as with government officials for talks about aid. Johnson Sirleaf, the first democratically elected female head of state in Africa 's history, greeted supporters in central London .
http://english.pravda.ru/news/world/29-05-2006/81186-meeting-0

Taste of India in queen's birthday menu?
spacer.gif

Delicious and spicy Indian food is so popular in Britain that it is all set to figure in the 'Great British Menu' that would be served to Queen Elizabeth and her 300 guests on her birthday on June 17.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1587519.cms

Last edited:
Queen Elizabeth II (R) receives the President of Liberia, Mrs Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, who is the country's first woman President, at Buckingham Palace in London, 31 May 2006

from anp

Attachments

• 3148529.jpg
    3148529.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 171
Royal approval for the new regiment

A beating Retreat formation parade in Preston, freedom marches through city centres, soldiers reporting for duty in Liverpool, Manchester and Tameside - and a meeting with the Queen.
http://icseftonandwestlancs.icnetwork.co.uk/icormskirk/news/tm_objectid=17153638&method=full&siteid=60252&headline=royal-approval-for-the-new-regiment-name_page.html

Winner's toilet turnaround

Director Michael Winner invited a cleaner to tea yesterday to make up for snubbing an honour from Queen Elizabeth II because it's "what you get if you clean toilets well".
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/31052006/364/winner-s-toilet-turnaround.html

Last edited:
It's the 53rd anniversary of the Queens coronation today! Congratulations on 53 years of a job well done. :)

Skydragon said:
It's the 53rd anniversary of the Queens coronation today! Congratulations on 53 years of a job well done. :)

Congratulations!!! Let us celebrate many more anniversaries of Her Majesty's coronation in the years to come! :) :) :)

Pictures from the Queens and Philip's visit to The Eden Project. 1st June 2006. Photo's from wireimage

Last edited:
Her Majesty the Queen today attended the the Vodaphone Epsom Derby on June 3, 2006 in Epsom, England.
From Getty Images Editorial.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 170
HMQueenElizabethII said:
Her Majesty the Queen today attended the the Vodaphone Epsom Derby on June 3, 2006 in Epsom, England.
From Getty Images Editorial.
What a busy lady!
The Queen looks very good in these purple outfit!
I admire her for all her work as a Queen and her devotion to her country! :)

this is one of the funniest article I have ever read!

Is Prince Philip a god?

High in a mist-shrouded mountain village, an ancient tribe patiently awaits the return of its divine leader.

He is no mere mortal like themselves, dressed as they are in and straw sheaths to protect their modesty — rather, they believe he is the human face of an ancestral spirit who left their island many moons ago to look for a bride. Their legend tells how this spiritual ancestor ended up in England — and eventually married a queen. Which explains why the Duke of Edinburgh, who is well aware of his role as a god in the eyes of the Yaohnanen tribe, has established a curious relationship with these people, who dwell in a simple village in the centre of the Vanuatu island of Tanna in the South Pacific.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=388901&in_page_id=1770

Britain's Prince Philip to celebrate 85th birthday in private

Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth II, will celebrate his 85th birthday on Saturday in private at Windsor Castle west of London, Buckingham Palace said Wednesday
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/6/7/apworld/20060607212745&sec=apworld

Man (110) parties with whiskey, cigs

Henry Allingham, Britain's oldest man and oldest surviving veteran of World War I, celebrated his 110th birthday on Tuesday with tributes from Queen Elizabeth II and a military flypast.
http://iafrica.com/news/worldnews/503541.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Philip looks fantastic for 85 years of age!

Queen Elizabeth II receives Ecuador's Ambassador to Britain Dr Teodoro Maldonado Reira, at Buckingham Palace, in central London Wednesday June 7, 2006

Queen Elizabeth II (L) receives poet Fleur Adcock (back R) from New Zealand and Poet Laureate Sir Andrew Motion, at Buckingham Palace, in central London, 07 June 2006. Miss Adcock was presented with The Queen's Gold Medal for Poetry.

from polfoto and profimedia

Attachments

• ImageHandlerServlet.jpg
    ImageHandlerServlet.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 145
  • NWS-1039914.jpg
    NWS-1039914.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back