Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 9: December 2005-April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This week's Point De Vue has Queen Elizabeth as its cover.
Photos from pointdevue.fr

Attachments

• pdvcouv22272.jpg
    pdvcouv22272.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 105
  • pdvcouv95761.jpg
    pdvcouv95761.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 109
mandyy said:
This week's Point De Vue has Queen Elizabeth as its cover.
With a nonsense headline, unfortunately.

Warren said:
With a nonsense headline, unfortunately.
It's rather low - even for a French publication;)
Love the combined arms this month Warren!! The symbolism was brought on by the First World War if I remember correctly - to show the unity of the Empire, and that the Hungarians weren't forgotten.?

l love the way the queen is dressing now!!!! to bad she wasn't dressing with style in her yonger days.

Queen marks 54th year of reign

The Queen marked the 54th year of her reign and the anniversary of the death of her father by attending the Sunday service at a Sandringham church.
The Duke of Edinburgh accompanied her to West Newton church in Norfolk.
During the morning service the Queen presented 17 Sunday school pupils with awards for good attendance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/norfolk/4683344.stm

6 years until the Diamond Jubilee. I think we'll be seeing it too.

God save the Queen the Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

How long till she ties with Queen Victoria and what day will she surpass her :) Thanks in Advance

Her Majesty Queen Victoria reigned for 63 years, 7 months and 12 days. Her Majesty Queens Elizabeth shall equal this reign on the 18th of September 2015. Her Majesty shall then become the longest reigning British monarch, and will no doubt continue a much longer reign even than that.

Queen Elizabeth II receives the Ambassador of El Salvador, Dr Vladimiro Villalta, right, at Buckingham Palace, in London, Wednesday Feb. 8, 2006

from polfoto

Attachments

• AP595523_guest.jpg.jpg
    AP595523_guest.jpg.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 158
they do dont they a true love match I Think :)

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II receives the Ambassador of Angola, Mrs Ana Maria Teles Carreira at Buckingham Palace, London today, Wenesday February 8, 2006.
Britain's Queen Elizabeth II receives the Dean of Westminster, the Very Reverend Dr Wesley Carr, and Mrs Carr, at Buckingham Palace, London today, Wenesday February 8, 2006. The Queen later invested the Dean, who is to retire with the ensignia of KCVO (Knight Commander).
Picture from Photoshot:

Attachments

• QueenAngolaAmbassador8thFeb.jpg
    QueenAngolaAmbassador8thFeb.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 157
  • QueenDeanofWestminster8thFeb.jpg
    QueenDeanofWestminster8thFeb.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 185
1.- Members of England's women's 2005 Ashes winning cricket team sit with Britain's Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh in Buckingham Palace, London, Thursday, Feb. 9, 2006, after captain Clare Connor collected an OBE. Back row from left: Jo Watts, Katherine Brunt, Beth Morgan, Jenny Gunn, Rosalie Birch, Lydia Greenway, Arran Brindle, Isa Guha and Holly Colvin. Front row from left:Charlotte Dickenson, Laura Newton, captain Clare Connor, vice-captain Charlotte Edwards, Jane Smit and Clare Taylor.

2.- Members of England's 2005 Ashes winning cricket team sit with Britain's Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh in Buckingham Palace, London, Thursday Feb. 9, 2006, after collecting their honours at an investiture ceremony. Back row from left: Geraint Jones (Kent), Andrew Strauss (Middlesex), Simon Jones (Glamorgan), Kevin Pietersen (Hampshire), Stephen Harmison (Durham), Matthew Hoggard (Yorkshire), Paul Collingwood (Durham), Ian Bell (Durham). Front row from left: Phil Neale (Manager), Marcus Threscothick (Somerset), Michael Vaughan (Yorkshire), Queen Elizabeth II, the Duke of Edinburgh, Duncan Fletcher (Coach), Andrew Flintoff (Lancashire) and Ashley Giles

from yahoo/ap

Attachments

• 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 156
Queen Elizabeth II during a reception following an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace on February 9, 2006 in London.

From getty images

Attachments

• 56798964.jpg
    56798964.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 163
  • 56798975.jpg
    56798975.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 56798981.jpg
    56798981.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 177
when Her Majesty smiles she is so adorable she reminds me of my Grandmother

Cricket Enthusiast Queen tells of Ashes Nerves
...............And the Queen, normally known for her cool composure, admitted that at times during last September's Ashes series the tension was so great she had to walk away from the TV................
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/02/10/cricketerspalace/

Photos from HELLO magazine
#1: Andrew Flintoff and his pregnant wife Rachael chat to the Queen at Buckingham Palace, where the cricketing ace and his team-mates were decorated for their historic Ashes win over Australia last year
#2: With acres of space in the ballroom for games, the players' offspring had a ball at the investiture ceremony. From right: Ashley Giles' five-year-old son Anders, and his sister Tilly, four, play ring-a-roses with Steve Harmison's daughters Emily, six, and three-year-old Abbie

Attachments

• cricketers-dop2a.jpg
    cricketers-dop2a.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 183
  • cricketers-dop3a.jpg
    cricketers-dop3a.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 187
What a lovely picture of the children playing in the ballroom! They are adorable, and the dresses of the girls look really cute. The whole scene makes the room come alive, so to speak.

GrandDuchess said:
What a lovely picture of the children playing in the ballroom! They are adorable, and the dresses of the girls look really cute. The whole scene makes the room come alive, so to speak.

I totaly agree with you :)

Yes indeed She still has a childlike sprit I Think Like shes still 18 I Think the older she gets the easier she is to talk to and the more stable the Monarchy becomes because of it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom