Princess Eugenie of York News and Pictures 2: March 2006-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elspeth

Former Moderator
City
Country
United States
Welcome to part 2 of the thread for news and photos of Princess Eugenie of York.

Part 1 is here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/princess-eugenie-news-picture-thread-part-1-a-302.html

Please note that while new photos may be directly attached to the thread, old photos may not be directly attached, and they may not be hotlinked from a commercial website. They should be hosted separately at a photo-hosting site such as ImageShack or Photobucket and posted from there. Also remember to give credit to the copyright holder of all photos that are posted.

Last edited:
Princess Eugenie Birthday Party

I just read in Yahoo.fr that Eugenie 16's birthday party finished very badly as some of the guests came along with alcohol beverages and completetly destroyed Sunning Hill. It seems that Bea and Eugenie couldn't do anything to stop that. Sarah and Andrex did spent 30.000 Pounds for the party but much more for the damages. Has someone heard about it ?

Skydragon said:
A party to celebrate the 16th birthday of Princess Eugenie descended into a drunken rave, according to newspaper reports.
I prefer the yahoo.fr report that says Sunninghill was "completely destroyed". To its foundations?

It must be so upsetting to see your birthday party ending in such a miserable way. Poor girl...

Poor Eugenie! This sounds like my high school graduation party. Well, excluding the mansion and champagne. It took hours to clean up and all of the money I had recieved as presents to replace my mom's living room set. I will never live it down, but I had a great time, though!:p

This makes me feel angry :mad:
poor Eugenie

aww i feel soo sorry for Eugenie. I know how bad itr must feel for her

Skydragon said:
Royal party 'became drunken rave'

A party to celebrate the 16th birthday of Princess Eugenie descended into a drunken rave, according to newspaper reports.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/03042006/344/royal-party-drunken-rave.html
Poor Eugenie. I don't understand how people can behave like this, don't they have any respect for the birthday girl, or the house for that matter.... I wonder what Andrew & Fergie are thinking and saying, putting up all of that money to give their daughter a great birthday and then this happens...

GrandDuchess said:
Poor Eugenie. I don't understand how people can behave like this, don't they have any respect for the birthday girl, or the house for that matter.... I wonder what Andrew & Fergie are thinking and saying, putting up all of that money to give their daughter a great birthday and then this happens...

Some reports on the tv said it was just a few guests getting drunk and vomiting and a few items getting smashed!
It must have been terrible for Eugenie and Beatrice (they were after all their friends misbehaving). I think most of us have felt the stomach churning panic when things start to go wrong at a party but, there were adults present!:)

Wow. Sounds like an exciting party! My 16th party seems so tame in comparison. Actually, I did nothing, really. Just did the cake-and-special-dinner thing. No champagne.

I don't know if we can be so quick to blame the kids. Why would Sarah and Andrew have paid for champagne? Those kids were probably mostly underage. And who's to say Beatrice and Eugenie didn't participate?

In conclusion: Exciting party, but it's a pity the house got trashed.

moosey60 said:
Wow. Sounds like an exciting party! My 16th party seems so tame in comparison. Actually, I did nothing, really. Just did the cake-and-special-dinner thing. No champagne.

I don't know if we can be so quick to blame the kids. Why would Sarah and Andrew have paid for champagne? Those kids were probably mostly underage. And who's to say Beatrice and Eugenie didn't participate?

In conclusion: Exciting party, but it's a pity the house got trashed.

exactly what i was wondering...why wouldn any responsible adult pay for alcohol for minors? i think it's terrible that they were given alcohol then left unsupervised. you can't blame just the kids.

I read that here in the states, too. Honestly, if Fergie and Andrew had actually provided the alcohol, it would have been an even bigger fuss.

^ True so they probably didn't provide the alcohol.

The party was at Andrew's home. There would have been alcohol in the house, with or without the the party. It wouldn't be surprising of the partygoers locate the beverage without help.

Well without a doubt it is certain that good or bad this willl be one 16th birthday that Eugenie will never forget. LOL

Just a quick note: the drinking age in the UK is lower than in the USA, so there might very well have been alcohol served. And that possibly was nothing out of the ordinary.

Well the drinking age in the UK is 18 years old. Since it was Eugenie's sweet sixteen then yeah it's a possiblity their might have been people 18 or over but since the birthday girl is only 16 then alcohol shouldn't have been served. Also I heard the alcohol was smuggled in by one of her friends so it actually was not "served" at the party.

I thought it was at Andrew's old house. Doesn't he live in Royal Lodge now? The Offical Royal Family Website had Andrew in China on the day of the Party.

Last edited:
Its typical of most teens to sneak alcohol, esp. when there are no parents around. Only unique thing about this story is that Eugine happen to be a titled young woman in the public eye, where every little mis-step is being reported by the media. Nothing in the story indicates she was drinking or anyone was harmed, just a lesson learned for Princess Eugine and Beatrice.

Yep lets hope it doesn't happen again or else the press will start critizing her choice of friends.

I think its not fair. Like there are so many teenagers out there who do so much more stuff but as soon as one thing goes wrong in Eugenies or Beatrices lifes the press is all over it, and start talking about what they are supposed to do and what not. I think they should just let them grow up. they are gonna to their mistakes and they are gonna learn from their mistakes, Thats the way it is!
Yep lets hope it doesn't happen again or else the press will start critizing her choice of friends.
that would be so bad. i mean there are young and they should decide who their friends are.that are just teenagers, and teenagers try to drink alcohol as often as possible. thats how a lot teenagers are( yeah not all but a lot are like this)

I know thats why I agree that the press should just let them grow up and make their own mistakes because if they keep on with this the pressure will eventually get to them.

madalx2 said:
I thought it was at Andrew's old house. Doesn't he live in Royal Lodge now? The Offical Royal Family Website had Andrew in China on the day of the Party.

BTW, what will happen to his old residence, Sunnyhill? And I wonder why he suddenly moved out. If I remember correctly the Queen had it built for Andrew & Sarah as a wedding present. So will they sell it or hold onto it for someone else in the family... maybe one of his daughters. Does anyone have any pics of it?

kaydura0717 said:
Well the drinking age in the UK is 18 years old.

Actually, it is 5 years old if it is being consumed at home. You only have to be 18 to buy it or drink it at a bar without food.

Anyway, as you say, it seems it was not being served at the party, but was smuggled in.

I knew that it was 5 years old just didn't think people actually took that part of the law that seriously. I mean who lets a 5 yeard old drink. I think 18 is a more sensible and responsible age to drink.

PLus if thats true about the 5 year old law then why again is the press making such a big deal about this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom