Princess Eugenie of York News and Pictures 2: March 2006-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princejohnny25 said:
The second pic is amazing. Her eyes just grab your attention and never let go.

She could easily be nicknamed the Windsor's Monalisa, not only for her beauty but for her piercing stare. Her eyes can stop anyone on its tracks. Had she been born in another distant century her portrait painting (and those commanding eyes) would have been part of many discussions and debates in today's history of art classrooms.

I also have to make a comment on siblings and personality, in this case both sisters are like opposites of each other. One is the vivacious and extrovert and the other one serious and toned down. No need to guess who takes these traits after which parent. And yet, like all siblings (mine included) those opposite personalities probably complement each other very well.

I think we all have siblings like that, more outspoken or less outspoken that us. But when together, they are a great team.

Last edited:
Something about the fact that Eugenie rarely smiles in her photos is annoying. It gives her a snobbish air. Beatrice is usually always smiling and it makes her appear more personable and down-to-earth. As for their personalities, you really can't tell by pictures and we really don't know them. All we can really go by are the rare public comments their parents make.

It can come off that way but you have to understand shes a teen and she wears braces and i dont think she likes to show them.

Princejohnny25 said:
It can come off that way but you have to understand shes a teen and she wears braces and i dont think she likes to show them.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the braces. Then her not smiling is a common thing. Hopefully, we'll see her big smile once they come off.

There is a picture somewhere here (maybe in her mother's thread) showing her smiling and the braces are quite noticeable. I wrote a post wondering why she does not have the new style of braces that are almost invisible from a distance.
But, on the other hand, those braces are providing a great series of photos of the princess where the attention is focused more on her eyes than on her smile...or lack of.

Princess Eugenie in St. Tropez with her mum

Pictures from Rex and taken on August 2. I hope they haven't been posted elsewhere already. Sorry if they were.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bella said:
Something about the fact that Eugenie rarely smiles in her photos is annoying. It gives her a snobbish air. Beatrice is usually always smiling and it makes her appear more personable and down-to-earth. As for their personalities, you really can't tell by pictures and we really don't know them. All we can really go by are the rare public comments their parents make.

I've also noticed that. Even as a child, she seldom smiled in her pictures. Beatrice always had that BIG grin or smile. Perhaps she's very quiet and/or has a depressing personality. The above pictures do look nice...it's just the lack of a pleasant smile. With that smile...the dress sells.:)

a pen pal of mine who met eugenie said she was really sweet but said she was really shy and quiet

HRH Kimetha said:
I've also noticed that. Even as a child, she seldom smiled in her pictures. Beatrice always had that BIG grin or smile. Perhaps she's very quiet and/or has a depressing personality. The above pictures do look nice...it's just the lack of a pleasant smile. With that smile...the dress sells.:)

I think it's nice to see her out and about. I think part of the reason she may not smile a lot is due to her braces.

I agree with you, casiraghitrio. If they go to St. Tropez, they must be aware that they are going to be photographed.

purple_platinum said:
not really current.. but beautiful close-ups of Eugenie just around 2 months ago.
Princess Eugenie of York attends the 2006 Cipriani/Deutsche Bank Concert Series benefiting amfar at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City on June 22, 2006.
my apologies but i don't find either of the girls attractive. i know that beauty is in the eye of beholder but....:sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gcse

When do the GCSE's come out for Princess Eugenie?

Results

cowarth said:
When do the GCSE's come out for Princess Eugenie?
I found the answer to my own question. Princess Beatrice's exam results were announced on 8/27/05 of last year, so we have about a week left to wait, before we hear Princess Eugenie's exam results.

Just read the news that Eugenie has received two A*s, four As and three Bs in her GCSE's.

Does anyone know if Pss. Eugenie has ever spoken about furthering her education and/or what sort of interests she has after finishing school?

Law....interesting in the USA or Britian id like to see her go to Oxford

Publication

flora said:
Just read the news that Eugenie has received two A*s, four As and three Bs in her GCSE's.

What publication did you read? I can find nothing on the net.

Lady Bluffton said:
Has anyone compared this picture of the Queen Mother with that of Eugenie a page or so before this one? I think there's a resemblance, but not terribly terribly strong.

Some people think there's a resemblence between Pss. Eugenie and the late Queen Mother, however, I don't see it. Outside of the dark hair and fair complexion, I don't feel there's much of a resemblence at all. I don't think Pss. Eugenie looks strikingly like anyone in particular, on either side of her family. Strange, though, I was looking at some pictures of a young Queen Ann Marie of Greece & Denmark (on the Greek thread) and if I were to say Pss. Eugenie looks like anyone, I'd say it was Queen Ann Marie.

Thanks, Zonk. There's def. more of a resemblence when the Queen Mother was younger. There is one photograph, it may be the one you're referring to, when the QM was about 8 and she's simply standing there in a white dress, I believe, with her hair hanging down to her shoulders. I've always thought that was a very pretty picture of her and I think in that photo Pss. Eugenie looks most like her Great Grandmother. I still see a resemblence between a young Queen Ann Marie of Greece. Esp. now as Pss. Eugenie is becoming more of a young woman.

According to Wikipedia Princess Beatrice got the following:
"In the GCSE examinations that she took in the summer of 2005 (a year later than usual, due to her dyslexia), she achieved A* grades for history and drama, A grades for French and art, and B grades for English literature, English language, mathematics and dual award science."

William got 12 GCSEs. This is from the following site: http://www.britainexpress.com/royals/william.htm

"And close to the first anniversary of his mother’s death, William, who had gained three GCSE passes the previous year, received a further nine GCSEs with top A* and A grades in English, history and languages, and Bs for other subjects including maths and science."

Chrissy57 do you agree with foiegrass that Princess Eugenie is smartest of the young royals?

Why would her housemistress tell her the results?

That is just the way it works; for example, Dr Gaily from Manor, William's House at Eton, called him in Chile with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom