Princess Eugenie of York News and Pictures 2: March 2006-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me, its definitely true and it is not uncommon for young children to be given a small glass of champagne at a celebration or some diluted wine at a family lunch. We're not talking about irresponsible drinking or getting drunk here, we're talking about a small amount of alcohol consumed with supervision.

As to why the press are making a big deal about this, well, they're not actually, at least not here in Britain. I hadn't heard anything about it until I read it here. It also seems that any fuss being made is more to do with the fact that property was damamged, rather than the drinking itself. 16 year olds drinking would certainly not raise any eyebrows here.

The Sun Said Sorry To Eugenie About What Was Said About It Was Not True.

She looks pretty and i like her outfit. I think when she gets older she's going to be better looking than Bea.

kaydura0717 said:
She looks pretty and i like her outfit. I think when she gets older she's going to be better looking than Bea.

Oh, I think she already is prettier than Beatrice. To my tastes anyway.

Really wonderful pics, especially the ones, where Eugenie is holding Fergie's hand. :)
But I couldn't get when the pics were taken, can anyone tell me?

HighGoalHighDreams said:
They were taken on 1 June this year.

Thanks a lot! I couldn't find the date. :eek:

Eugenie did not attend the queens birthday celebrations yesterday. I think Eugenies school runs in the same way as mine. We are actually having our exams this week. I think we are all doin the same paper..it was chemistry yesterday i think. I hope shell be allowed at trooping the colour this year as Beatrice was there last year during her exams

I believe Eugenie missed the first part of the Garter service due to exams at Marlborough today- but I defintitely can't say that for sure yet- don't quote me! ;)

From the Beatrice thread:
Sarah, Beatrice, and Eugenie are on the cover of Ladies' Home Journal this month. It seems to me that it's the typical article where very little on the girls is given and the magazine tries to bill it as, as LHJ says this time, their 'first, "Here we are world" thing when its not. :rolleyes: For what it's worth, the article is out with some new information.

Quotes from the article: http://lhj.com/lhj/story.jhtml;jsessionid=0SZ3FJIB0ABHTQFIBQSCCAQ?storyid=/templatedata/lhj/story/data/1149781431161.xml

Last edited:
71279138.jpg

71279144.jpg

BOTH IMAGES FROM GETTY

HighGoalHighDreams said:
I believe Eugenie missed the first part of the Garter service due to exams at Marlborough today- but I defintitely can't say that for sure yet- don't quote me!

Its true, she missed it because of her GCSEs (national exams)

Princess Eugenia is all grown up. Time flies. I can't wait to see more photos of her.

Eugenie yesterday with her mother in New York - you can see more pics of that in Sarah's current events thread:

1607rqa.jpg
1607s3n.jpg

(WENN)

Thanks a lot for posting the link, lady windsor! It's nice to see Eugenie on her own and having fun. Plus: It's nice to see that she's not shy in front of the press without any support of her mother/family by her side :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the pictures from wireimage larger

Attachments

• 9301539amaraN6302006125222PM.jpeg
    9301539amaraN6302006125222PM.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 525
  • 9305537amaraN6302006125139PM.jpeg
    9305537amaraN6302006125139PM.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 526
I just wonder when the girls are going to be able to go to a party that their mother does not attend?

Last edited:
madalx2 said:
I just wonder when the girls are going to be able to go to a party that their mother does not attend?
Probably when they turn 18. They're too young to go by themselves to an adult party without an accompanying adult (other than their bodyguards who don't seem to act as moral police).

Tight security for princess' first day

I finally found the article about Princess Eugenie first day at Marlborough College.

Tight security for princess' first day

From the Swindon Advertiser, first published Thursday 4th Sep 2003.
A MASSIVE security operation swung into place when Princess Eugenie, granddaughter of the Queen and sixth in line to the throne, began life at Marlborough College on Tuesday.

The 13-year-old former pupil of St George's School in Windsor is the first ever member of the monarchy to attend the college.

By deciding to send her to the £20,000 a year Marlborough public school her parents, the Duke and Duchess of York, have set her in the footsteps of worthies including former Poet laureate John Betjeman and her own uncle, Capt Mark Phillips.

Capt Phillips was a student at Marlborough in the late Sixties and subsequently went on to marry and later divorce Princess Eugenie's aunt, Princess Anne.

At one time it was intended that Peter Phillips, the son of Princess Anne and Capt Phillips, would attend Marlborough College, but his parents changed their minds.

College authorities must be hoping that the young princess, the younger daughter of the Duke of York and his wife Sarah Ferguson, is not given a cruel nickname like her uncle Mark.

His contemporaries dubbed him Foggy Phillips and the more unkind observers said this was because he was "thick and wet".

The sons and daughters of many distinguished world leaders and international celebrities have passed through the portals of Marlborough College.

The sons of the church emissary Terry Waite were at the school during some of the five years he was incarcerated in the Middle East.

A more recent pupil was the daughter of Gordon Sumner, better known as Sting, one of the country's richest pop stars who lives near Salisbury.

In earlier times the school might have invited the press along to see its new royal pupil arrive.

However the current Master, Edward Gould, who is due to retire next July, has issued a "no media" edict following a series of headline revelations in recent years about alleged drugs and sex scandals, some involving pupils and some involving staff.

Reporters were told to stay away from college events like the recent opening of the new Henry Hony theatre block and earlier this year the official opening by Olympic swimming star Sharron Davies of the school's new swimming pool.

However in a small town like Marlborough it is impossible to conceal that the famous public school's latest newcomer is the Queen's granddaughter.

College insiders have revealed that Princess Eugenie has rooms in the relatively new Millmead House that can be seen from Granham Hill in the water meadows between the River Kennet and C House, the former Castle Inn built at the start of the 18th century by the Duke of Somerset.

The princess, who has been enrolled under the name of Eugenie York, has a bedroom and a study, both of which have been specially fitted out with panic buttons so that she can summon her personal protection officers who have rooms next door.

It is understood she will be accompanied at all times, even to lessons, by a member of the royal protection team although in the first few days as she settles in, her protection is being organised by the Wiltshire Constabulary.

There was a large presence of local police officers when Princess Eugenie arrived and a mobile CCTV police van was on hand to record all visitor movements.

While the princess was shown to her rooms her parents were invited to tea with the master in the Master's Lodge.

While she may be the first ever member of the British monarchy to attend Marlborough College she is not the first to live in the town.

That distinction goes to her ancestors who stayed at the former Marlborough Castle, which belonged to the kings of England for 500 years.

The castle was built in the 11th century and stood in the grounds of what is now the world famous public school.

The mound on which the wooden keep stood can still be seen behind the school chapel.
Archive Home
From the Swindon Advertiser
http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk
© Newsquest Media Group 2003

Last edited:
I think it is sad that Princess Eugenie has to have bodyguards at college.
The princess, who has been enrolled under the name of Eugenie York, has a bedroom and a study, both of which have been specially fitted out with panic buttons so that she can summon her personal protection officers who have rooms next door.
Princess Eugenie will not be able to have an independent or private life at college. Princess Eugenie will not be able to come and go like the other students, she will always be around her personal protection officers.

I can't imagine being shadowed by bodyguards. I suppose, though, if you've known nothing else your entire life it probably doesn't seem as weird as it would to someone just coming into it. Question: do the bodyguards live at the houses where the girls are? Or is it more a rotating shift?

HighGoalHighDreams said:
Eugenie attended the wedding of Jasmine Guiness (sp, sorry) in Ireland.
where do u know this from? do u have any pictures?or an article or something?..if u have some could u please post them?

Bella said:
I can't imagine being shadowed by bodyguards. I suppose, though, if you've known nothing else your entire life it probably doesn't seem as weird as it would to someone just coming into it. Question: do the bodyguards live at the houses where the girls are? Or is it more a rotating shift?

Quote:

This is a partial internet article I found on Princess Eugenie. I hope it helps in answering your questions.

Quote:
No one wants to pay to keep Eugenie safe.
The Mail on Sunday (London, England); August 24, 2003; Helliker, Adam; 381 Words
There are just ten days to go before Princess Eugenie takes up her place at the exclusive Marlborough College, yet no one wants to pay for the elaborate security arrangements which have been undertaken in readiness for her arrival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom