Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even reading the professor's remarks (based on hearsay from an 'Italian' colleague) it seems she didn't have the grades for one major, but did have them for another and was admitted in the major she had the grades for - sounds like a non story to me.

Newcastle lecturer claims Princess Eugenie was rejected | Daily Mail Online

This isn't going to be good. Firstly, important to note the university lecturer was speaking at a conference for the anti-monarchy group "Republic" so I don't think even the Daily Fail can say he is objective.

More interesting to me is how the Yorks manage this, Sarah and Andrew have not been shy in making formal complaints to the Independent Press Standards Organisation. It could well though open a can of worms.

I think this is a terribly hurtful story to Princess Eugenie. What purpose does it serve other than to hurt her, personally, and to trash the monarchy.

That university lecturer has torched his own career - it's private information, whether accurate or not, that never should have been publicized. That he was speaking to Republic says it all.

And she graduated with a 2:1, so she hardly slacked once she was there. What an awful story for a Princess who has always appeared kind and good natured.

It seems like that the * university lecturer* has an axe to grind against the royal family for what would be the reason to do this if not that? Or could this be in retaliation to the fact that PE had her picture taken at that birthday party and some now want to get the republicans out in full force for some reason to make trouble for the royal family.

Yes it is a shame she is being attacked like this for she has done no harm to anyone and has always been a gracious young lady when out anywhere.

Newcastle lecturer claims Princess Eugenie was rejected | Daily Mail Online

This isn't going to be good. Firstly, important to note the university lecturer was speaking at a conference for the anti-monarchy group "Republic" so I don't think even the Daily Fail can say he is objective.

More interesting to me is how the Yorks manage this, Sarah and Andrew have not been shy in making formal complaints to the Independent Press Standards Organisation. It could well though open a can of worms.

Actually it couldn't have worked out worse for the lecturer. The article actually states that the universities required grades for 2018 for a course that Eugenie did was AAB. Those are the grades she got 9 years ago.

Having gone through the education system two years after Eugenie I know that grades have been raised over that time, so Eugenie was well within the academic capability of getting in. The only reason she might have been rejected were because of the too many scenario, which I think is unlikely considering her achievable grades. Obviously universities pick the best students to get them the best marks.

He's clearly speaking to his target audience who are loving what he's saying, why would he say anything different to an anti monarchist group, than anti monarchist things?

Eugenie's worked hard for what she does and no university lecturer should taint that with foul rumours.

It's disgusting an anti monarchist would to sink to such lows.

Heresay. Academic requirements from now not then. Ignoring she did have the grades required now. Story had more holes then a sieve. And in what world does a lecturer have the right to talk on such.

You may hate the Yorks but Eugenie us a bad target. She graduated from the program, and has worked in her field. She holds a full time job where she got a promotion. Balanced with a handful of patronages and attending royal functions.

Cute outfit, wonder where she's headed to.

Not a fan of the shoe/boot.

LaRae

Last edited:

Princess Eugenie, Waris Ahluwalia and Sylvie Chantecaille hosted the Warrior Games Exhibition VIP preview party sponsored by Chantecaille at The Halcyon Gallery in London today, October 11:

** gettyimages gallery **

Beautiful photos!
Eugenie's heir is getting redder, now she resembles her mother more.
How old is Jack?

Beautiful photos!
Eugenie's heir is getting redder, now she resembles her mother more.
How old is Jack?
Maybe it is more red, but it could be hair coloring. I really don't think she looks like Sarah.

The excellent Princess Eugenie tells the UN 'Fund to End Violence Against Women' that she’s proud of the UK Govt’s Modern Slavery Act, and this is 'her life’s fight'.

Attachments

• eug.jpg
    eug.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 21,416
Very nice, I wonder if at some point we will see her work more for the family on some of these issues (years down the road I assume..after William is King).

LaRae

:previous: One should hope or think she wouldn't have to wait so long. The senior royals are retiring off.

Eugenie is doing fantastic work with the slavery issue. She has made visits both in the UK and US to shelters who work with victims. Its a pity that because she is excluded from the court circular, that her work gets almost no media attention.

Maybe we can feed the DM a 'vacation spin' to this event and she can get an article. :whistling:

I would love to see Meghan (when the day comes) and Eugenie working on a project together. They seem to have similar interest. Was thinking the same about reading about Princess Mabel and her work with the UN. I know the Brit royals don't mingle with continentals other then rare visits often, but Mabel lives in London.

A number of big people in the celebrity world in attendance, including Dame Judi Dench.

Last edited:
No I'd hope she wouldn't have to but IF it's true about Charles reducing the number of working royals she might not be allowed to.

LaRae

^ Sooner than that i'd hope ! If she's keen, there is plenty of work to be done in that regard.

It's really nice to see Eugenie speaking about a very topical issue. Eugenie could form her own charity helping victims of modern slavery but I wonder if she would still need royal permission to do so. It would be good to see her have her own charity some time in the near future, though.

It's really nice to see Eugenie speaking about a very topical issue. Eugenie could form her own charity helping victims of modern slavery but I wonder if she would still need royal permission to do so. It would be good to see her have her own charity some time in the near future, though.

Why would she need permission :ermm:

You certainly don't need to be a royal to do charity work. She isn't a 'working royal' yet she and her sister both have a number of patronages. There is no stopping. The only difference, they get no compensation for expenses, or any acknowledgement for their work.

Personally I don't see her starting her own charity. Unlike Bea, Eugenie has chosen to have a traditional job, working in art galleries. I do hope we will see her continue with this subject and take up positions with charities already established.

I love how it seems Eugenie handles her charity work and duties while still having a regular job. I feel like she handles it better than Beatrice because that was always the expectation of her. As the the second child of the male child of a monarch she was expected, like Prince Richard of Gloucester before his brother's death, to get a job but still carry out duties and support patronages unlike B who was supposed to carry out royal engagements until the 2000's.

^I like how the article remarked that Jack looked dapper in a suit and shirt. On this side of the Atlantic we have not seen that word, dapper, in mens' clothing descriptions.

Princess Eugenie after the UN Dinner with boyfriend Jack Brooksbank enjoy the night in Chiltern Firehouse in London

Bravo. Daily fail never fails to some how meet the low standards I expect from it :whistling:

Of course no mention of the charity event she attended or speech she gave. I mean that would be good publicity for her and we cant have that. Not eve if it would help a cause.

We get the 'out to dinner all night with friends'. :bang:

Just like when Bea is in NY for an UN event, and the only thing that makes the Fail, is she goes out for dinner with a designer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom