Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surgeons saved me from having a hunchback, reveals Eugenie | Mail Online

I like the fact that the new wing will be named after her so presumably she will be present when it is opened.

Here is a thought for her - to become Patron of the Scoliosis Society (and Beatrice could do the same with Dyslexia). They have both had health/learning issues as they have been growing up and have come through them well.

You might want to check out Counsellor of State - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

It begins with:

the United Kingdom, Counsellors of State are senior members of the British royal family to whom the Monarch, currently Elizabeth II, delegates certain state functions and powers when she is in another Commonwealth realm, abroad or unavailable for other reasons (such as short-term incapacity or sickness). Any two Counsellors of State may preside over Privy Council meetings, sign state documents or receive the credentials of new ambassadors to the United Kingdom.

Currently, the Counsellors of State are:
  • HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
  • HRH The Prince of Wales
  • HRH The Duke of Cambridge
  • HRH Prince Henry of Wales
  • HRH The Duke of York
----------------------

When the DoE dies, I would imagine that Princess Beatrice of York will take his place, and when the Queen dies and Charles becomes King, Eugenie will than take Charles's place until William has children and they reach 21 and they (Beatrice and Eugenie) will be replaced. Its interesting to note that Edward of Wessex and the Princess Royal were Counsellors until William and Harry of Wales turned the magical age of 21. And in the past, the Gloucesters (Richard and William) and the Kents (Edward and Alexandra) have served as Counsellors.

I read an article about the history of the Spares and one of the sources (can't remember the specific name) indicated that Margaret took her role as a Counsellor very seriously and was hurt when she was replaced, I think she was a Counsellor until Edward turned 21.

Please could I provide a little information on this: Counsellors of State will always include The Consort of the Monarch [i.e.] The Duke of Edinburgh, any Dowager Queen [i.e who has been serving as a Counsellor of State in her role as Consort; on the death of her spouse the King, the Dowager Queen does not automatically cease to be a CofS] plus the four adults next in succession (provided they have reached the age of 21.

In my very humble opinion, if I have correctly interpreted the 'signals' that are coming out of BP that the Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are not to 'live a Royal Life', when the DofE dies, even though they are indeed next in line in succession and aged 21, I don't think that they will appoint Beatrice a CofS to replace him. [ in practice, it shouldn't post a problem as there will still be 4 Cs of State.]

This is only my humble opinion though, although I hope that I've got it right regarding CsOS, because it was one of my 'jobs' to keep a list of them, and so I hope I just about understand what we call the 'rsandrs' [rules and regulations]

Last edited:
Please could I provide a little information on this: Counsellors of State will always include The Consort of the Monarch [i.e.] The Duke of Edinburgh, any Dowager Queen [i.e who has been serving as a Counsellor of State in her role as Consort; on the death of her spouse the King, the Dowager Queen does not automatically cease to be a CofS] plus the four adults next in succession (provided they have reached the age of 21.

The Act establishing this position was past in 1937 and thus only one Dowager Queen Consort has ever been in the position of being a CoS as Consort and then ceasing to be a Consort. Using that as a precedent it is clear that the Consort does lose that position on the accesion of a new monarch as the Queen Mum wasn't a CoS from 1952 - 1953 when she was re-instated by the 1953 Regency Act.

Lady in red Princess Eugenie steals the show

"It's her sister, Princess Beatrice, who has been hitting the headlines with her shrinking figure in recent months. But at Royal Ascot today, Princess Eugenie ensured all eyes were on her in the Royal Enclosure as she showed off her svelte figure in a tight red dress..."

Wow a nice article for once. What happened to the Daily Mail?!?
I think the girl with Eugenie in the 4th picture down is her cousin, Zenouska Mowatt.

Last edited:
Lady in red Princess Eugenie steals the show | Mail Online

"It's her sister, Princess Beatrice, who has been hitting the headlines with her shrinking figure in recent months. But at Royal Ascot today, Princess Eugenie ensured all eyes were on her in the Royal Enclosure as she showed off her svelte figure in a tight red dress..."

Wow a nice article for once. What happened to the Daily Mail?!?
I think the girl with Eugenie in the 4th picture down is her cousin, Zenouska Mowatt.

Regardless of what the DM reporter wrote the anti-Yorks were out in full in the comments - the DM has done its work well in making sure that these girls are seen badly by the public and a few positive articles won't change that.

There are a hell of a lot more positive comments than usual. People can separate the girls from their parents, though it is easier when the article doesn't include their parents.

There are a hell of a lot more positive comments than usual. People can separate the girls from their parents, though it is easier when the article doesn't include their parents.

True - 12 positive comments to 43 negative ones - yes I did count them.

I have a feeling the DM was being sarcastic (I've expressed my thoughts on the too tight dress in another tread)

Wow I just went to reread the article, and it was completely different. The new article does seem very sarcastic and not complimentary at all. I guess they thought the old one was too nice and decided to rewrite it.

I have a feeling the DM was being sarcastic (I've expressed my thoughts on the too tight dress in another tread)

I would have thought that the headline made that obvious - the comment about being able to 'multi-task' by waving and curtseying at the same time - very sarcastic and that set the tone for the article.

They can't help themselves - the DM's agenda for years has been to destroy the Yorks and the RF itself - it used to be called the 'Di-ly Mail' remember.

Princess Eugenie and boyfriend Jack at the Rob Lowe book launch party at Marx Club, Chelsea, London, May 27, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

True - 12 positive comments to 43 negative ones - yes I did count them.

I would have thought that the headline made that obvious - the comment about being able to 'multi-task' by waving and curtseying at the same time - very sarcastic and that set the tone for the article.

They can't help themselves - the DM's agenda for years has been to destroy the Yorks and the RF itself - it used to be called the 'Di-ly Mail' remember.

I'll be blunt.

How can they destroy the Yorks? It's the mail for God's sake not the Times. A tabloid. Yes they play up negative things but it's Andrew and Sarah's behavior that make them targets. Yes, their daughters get an unnecessary blast of it too an that's wrong but claiming that it's out to destroy the Yorks? Why would the mail do that to a couple of people who give them so much to write about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Princess Eugenie and boyfriend Jack at the Rob Lowe book launch party at Marx Club, Chelsea, London, May 27, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Thanks, Ice.

Pss E looks stunning in these photos. I always thought she was a very pretty girl.

I agree. Princess Eugenie is very pretty indeed. Her dress is simple, too; so it doesn't distract from her natural good looks.:flowers:

Pss E looks stunning in these photos. I always thought she was a very pretty girl.

Sarah Ferguson | Ferguson Meddled With Eugenie's Royal Wedding Hat From Thai Retreat | Contactmusic

I'm posting this in Eugenie's thread because it's about Eugenie, I guess. Yes, Sarah has given another interview about her time in Kamalaya during the royal wedding (cue the bashing-heads-against-the wall). She mentions that she told the designer to snip some plumes off Eugenie's hat, and she also mentions (I thought this was interesting) that Princess Beatrice's hat only arrived on the morning of the wedding.

Sarah Ferguson | Ferguson Meddled With Eugenie's Royal Wedding Hat From Thai Retreat | Contactmusic

I'm posting this in Eugenie's thread because it's about Eugenie, I guess. Yes, Sarah has given another interview about her time in Kamalaya during the royal wedding (cue the bashing-heads-against-the wall). She mentions that she told the designer to snip some plumes off Eugenie's hat, and she also mentions (I thought this was interesting) that Princess Beatrice's hat only arrived on the morning of the wedding.

Doesn't Sarah understand that on talking about such things to the media she is ridiculing her daughters?

Of course not because al she wants is to be part of the show. "I was instrumental in doing blah blah and *gasp* the hat only arrived that morning. You heard it first from ME.

Well, I guess she would have felt slighted by not having been invited.

But what was she doing in Kamalaya ? Where is Kamalaya ???

Both outfits on E- from Ascot and 2nite look stunning, and 2night all 3 York ladies look fantastic!

Yes, they do look nice; Eugenie seems to love Vivienne Westwood!

Btw- were any other members of the BRF at the event?
(I'm wondering how much of a pariah Sarah is, I suppose, and how far the rest of the family might go to avoid her.). ;)

Eugenie looks fantastic and for once I agree with what a commentator on DM wrote:

Eugenie is potentially much prettier than Beatrice and couldbe the family beauty.

Eugenie indeed could easily be the most beautiful young woman of the major BRF members IMO.
I think that Bea is pretty as well, btw. ;)

I hate that Beatrice and Eugenie get maligned because of the idiocy and mistakes of their parents (mostly their mother). They both seem like sweet beautiful girls. I think Beatrice is particularly stunning with her wide eyes, and I for one think she looked great before and after her weight loss; now that she has lost the weight, I think her sister has the better body.
Does anyone know how to properly pronounce Eugenie's name? Is it U-GEINE or U-geh-ne

She once talked about the trouble people had and how she would coach them by saying Use-Your-Knee. You-czeh-Knee.

I've heard Sarah saying Eugenie's name, and there's an emphasis on the first syllable: YOU-czeh-knee. (That's the clearest way I can express it. I'm not sure if that's how the name is traditionally to be pronounced!)

I think part of the confusion is that over the years Sarah has herself apparently altered the pronunciation:

The first pronunciation that Sarah gave was the French way, which Rmay quotes above.....

But over the years, Sarah appears to be adopting a more American approach, with a 'jeen' sound emerging. The matter is also not helped by Sarah's tendency to call her daugher 'uge', which sounds unfortunately like 'Huge'!!!!!

Why the change, I do not know! Perhaps because Sarah's major source of income over the years since her divorce has been the United States...

Alex

Everyone talks about Catherine as the beauty of the family, but Eugenie manages to look just as fabulous with no hairdresser in tow and half as much make up. She's always smiling and seems like a very fun person to be around. She also seems a little less of a mummy's girl than Bea? Possibly one of the most underrated royals <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom