Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has really been irking me so I've decided to ask here? On Eugenie's Instagram her latest post is a meme in short about England and the World Cup. When you press over it, it says it has 10k likes, but when you click it, it has around 70k. My question is which one is correct and why is it like that?

This has really been irking me so I've decided to ask here? On Eugenie's Instagram her latest post is a meme in short about England and the World Cup. When you press over it, it says it has 10k likes, but when you click it, it has around 70k. My question is which one is correct and why is it like that?

It has 10K likes, but 74K views. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just catching up to Eugenie's Current Events.

In regards to the Beyonce concert, I think is the 2nd concert that We know she has been to..so I think she is big fan.

The pics of her having brunch with a friend are intrusive. She clearly has no idea that pictures are being taken. Sad really. She is always open and friendly when out and about she is entitled to having some private time.

Good to see her give time and attention to the issue of scoliosis and sharing her story.

I can't wait for the wedding..she and Jack are a cute couple.

Here are two more photos of Eugenie arriving at the European School of Osteopathy's Graduation Ceremony yesterday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

She looks wonderful. Great color, nice fit, nice shoes. Lovely.

We welcome HRH Princess Eugenie of York to UNHQ, New York to host a meeting of key stakeholders on ending #modernslavery around the world.

It's a global problem that effects over 40 million people on any given day.
71% of victims are women & girls - 1 in 4 are children

Pic

Via UK at the UN Twitter

Reactions: eya
We welcome HRH Princess Eugenie of York to UNHQ, New York to host a meeting of key stakeholders on ending #modernslavery around the world.

It's a global problem that effects over 40 million people on any given day.
71% of victims are women & girls - 1 in 4 are children

Pic

Via UK at the UN Twitter

Eugenie is in NYC for the 2018 Nexus Global Summit, which she spoke at and gave an interview on her campaign, the Anti-Slavery Collective
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bltn087l7Dv/?hl=en&taken-by=thenexussummit

Great seeing her so involved in a much needed initiative. :flowers:

Of course the DM is no where to be found. No way to slant this :whistling:

Those girls, I don't know! They really are such slackers and all they do is lunch and shop . . . ? ?

They really have a problem here: both have jobs, both are actively doing volunteering for charities. But instead of being proud to be a nation that has such well-meaning princesses, the majority of papers either ignores them or ridicules their clothes and the future king does not want them to be representatives of their family, so not even the Court Circular informs about their efforts. They just can't win! I am really sad about that!

Just a reminder though that anything and everything that appears in the Court Circular as official duties and engagements are solely at the approval and discretion of HM, The Queen and no one else. It has nothing whatsoever to do with what Charles wants or how Charles wants things to be. :D

But aren’t the engagements listed in the Court Circular engagements taken on behalf of the Queen, while this is a “private” initiative?

Most of the charitable work the York princesses do is because they're genuinely interested in doing it on their own without any connection of the work to the "Firm" and representing the Queen.

Both girls have the blessings of both worlds. They're princesses and have the status that draws attention to whatever they decide to back or support yet they remain as private citizens for the most part and their lives are their own to do as they choose to. The media and the public seem to think that they're not being wanted by the "Firm" is a slight or a bad thing when actually, both girls themselves prefer it that way. I've never heard of either Beatrice or Eugenie stating that they *want* to work for the "Firm". They may be perfectly happy with the way things are now and hope it remains that way. :D

Just a reminder though that anything and everything that appears in the Court Circular as official duties and engagements are solely at the approval and discretion of HM, The Queen and no one else. It has nothing whatsoever to do with what Charles wants or how Charles wants things to be. :D

I'm not so sure.
I have read that these days, Charles mostly calls the shots, and the Queen is willing to allow this.

Code:
But aren’t the engagements listed in the Court Circular engagements taken on behalf of the Queen, while this is a “private” initiative?

I would question this. Many of the engagements listed in the CC are charitable events no different to the charity events the York siblings do. For example Harry playing polo for his own charity earlier this week is listed in the CC. How is that any different to Eugenie hosting a conference on slavery?

I would question this. Many of the engagements listed in the CC are charitable events no different to the charity events the York siblings do. For example Harry playing polo for his own charity earlier this week is listed in the CC. How is that any different to Eugenie hosting a conference on slavery?
Another example would be from the 2012 London Olympics: when Anne or Catherine presented the medals, it was in the CC but when Eugenie did, it wasn't. Anne is on the IOC so hers was a part of that, but at that time Catherine had no Olympic or related sporting patronage.

Last edited:
Hm..., AFAIK the Church of England has an organization that does similar work to the Salvation Army, the "Church Army", founded in 1882. Wonder what her grandmother thinks about her supporting the Salvation Army.

The church army and Salvation army often work on initiatives together :flowers:

I don't see why the queen would think anything of her supporting the SA. Its not like she has converted to another religion. She isn't supporting the church itself, but she its initiative against modern slavery. The organization has similar goals to the work she is doing.

Anyways almost died from shock the DM covered the story and didn't find a way to negatively spin it :ohmy: Might look out my window for pigs flying :lol:

Covering their backsides for the backlash from the last Eugenie story :ermm:

Code:

It isn't but according to the Queen one is a working royal and so gets the credit while the other isn't a working royal and so doesn't get any credit in the CC.

One has the costs associated with the event paid for by one of the public sources of money while the other has any costs paid for from private sources of money (or the charity itself).

Charles and William don't want the York girls doing royal work but that isn't stopping them from doing so. Putting them in the CC during the Queen's reign would make it impossible to cut them off once Charles becomes King so better for them to not go down that route.

Another example would be from the 2012 London Olympics: when Anne or Catherine presented the medals, it was in the CC but when Eugenie did, it wasn't. Anne is on the IOC so hers was a part of that, but at that time Catherine had no Olympic or related sporting patronage.

It was at the Paralympics - and Edward is the royal involved there not Anne.

Kate presented the medals on one day - in the CC - Eugenie presented the medals the next day - not in the CC.

The decision has been made - the York girls can do any charity work they want but they won't be in the CC. That is the same as the Michael's of Kent who also do a lot of things that other royals would be credited in the CC for doing but they don't get that recognition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very relaxed pictures of the two together. Although I know I enjoy seeing the photos, it does seem that we are intruding on some private down-time.

Looks like she borrowed one of Meghan's hats!! LOL

LaRae

:previous: Thanks eya. Interesting to see her in Serbia - I wonder if she met/will met CP Alexander and his wife or another member of the (ex) Serbian RF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom