Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugenie and Jack attended the first night of the Teenage Cancer Trust annual concert series at the Royal Albert Hall in London this evening, March 19:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** dailymail article **

Last edited:
:previous: The Daily fail article is an old one. Its from 2016. There was a lot of debate since, because of the cost of repairs being needed on it. There was debate who should pay and such.

The new article I posted suggests they moved in last week. So far only the sun and telegraph have reported it.

:previous: The Daily fail article is an old one. Its from 2016. There was a lot of debate since, because of the cost of repairs being needed on it. There was debate who should pay and such.

The new article I posted suggests they moved in last week. So far only the sun and telegraph have reported it.

Ah, thank you for pointing that out, I didn't realize!

That brings Eugenie's amount of patronages to 7, which is pretty satisfactory considering she has a full-time job.

Yes, three bedroomed Ivy Cottage, while Harry and Meghan's abode, Nott Cott, has only two bedrooms. Nice!

Yes, three bedroomed Ivy Cottage, while Harry and Meghan's abode, Nott Cott, has only two bedrooms. Nice!

Yes but Nott cottage is considered a 'transition home'. It was a bachelor pad, and they will move on to bigger and better. For Eugenie, this will be home, so makes sense she has more space.

That brings Eugenie's amount of patronages to 7, which is pretty satisfactory considering she has a full-time job.

Especially considering she isn't considered a 'working royal'. Patronages on top of a full time job, she has a good balance.

Her patronages

-Tate Young patrons
-Royal Orthopedic hospital
-Elephant family
-Teenage cancer trust
-Coronet theater, Kensington
-European school of Osteopathy
-and her work with the anti-slavery campaign

Both sisters have shown a real initiative to get involved. Along with her work with both We and Big Change, Bea has 11 patronages. And works with her dad on pitch@palace. She also seems to be doing some work with eye related charities (trip to India).

Harry and Meghan, like William and Kate, will only temporarily live in Nott Cott.

Good for Eugenie and Jack! Happy for them.

But what about Beatrice?
I know she travels a lot, but doesn't she still need a London base?

It's been reported that the York girls have vacated the apartment they once shared at SJP.

I'm convinced it's down to Fergie's antics.
They reflect on her daughters.

Some of the current working royals are well past retirement age, and the York women (especially Beatrice) seem keen.
Why NOT use them to fill the gaps?

I realize they are not popular with the public (again, down to their mother) but they themselves haven't caused any scandals.
I think it is short-sighted to exclude them.

I'm convinced it's down to Fergie's antics.
They reflect on her daughters.

Some of the current working royals are well past retirement age, and the York women (especially Beatrice) seem keen.
Why NOT use them to fill the gaps?

I realize they are not popular with the public (again, down to their mother) but they themselves haven't caused any scandals.
I think it is short-sighted to exclude them.

Who is going to pay for their office that would be required as a working royal? Their wardrobe? Charles doesn't want to pay for it considering he'll have to support his siblings as well once his mother is gone. How about after that? Should William support them as well? Then we are down the same path we had before in terms of the Kents and Gloucesters. Public doesn't want that many royals anymore. And royals don't retire at the same age as the rest of us. I don't think anyone can make them either.

And let's not put this entirely on Fergie. Andrew and his antics hasn't helped matters either.

I'm fairly certain that we won't see another HRH who is simply the grandchild of a monarch. Even though the LP allows all grandchildren of a monarch to have the title, I have this suspicion that from now on, it'll most likely go the way of Wessex children.

Last edited:
Well said ... and all very reasonable.

They could well be a sort of part time Royals. Doing a few Eventls like they now who are also reported in the CC. And to that have a regular as they already have.

I think they will keep doing as they already are...nothing further.

LaRae

This is out on the air today:

Princess Eugenie and her soon to be husband Jack Brooksbank have moved into the three-bedroom Ivy Cottage inside the grounds of Kensington Palace.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but Nott cottage is considered a 'transition home'. It was a bachelor pad, and they will move on to bigger and better. For Eugenie, this will be home, so makes sense she has more space.

I think Ivy Cottage might be a 'transition home' for Eugenie as well.
She probably will need more space once she and Jack start a family.

In any case, I think she'll be given a different apartment as soon as others become available.

I think Ivy Cottage might be a 'transition home' for Eugenie as well.
She probably will need more space once she and Jack start a family.

In any case, I think she'll be given a different apartment as soon as others become available.

It also depends how what she and Jack can afford, and if Andrew is willing to help. Although, Andrew has such a long lease on Royal Lodge that they could live there.

It also depends how what she and Jack can afford, and if Andrew is willing to help. Although, Andrew has such a long lease on Royal Lodge that they could live there.

If they are both working in London, it wouldn't be convenient to live at Royal Lodge.

Who is going to pay for their office that would be required as a working royal? Their wardrobe? Charles doesn't want to pay for it considering he'll have to support his siblings as well once his mother is gone. How about after that? Should William support them as well? Then we are down the same path we had before in terms of the Kents and Gloucesters. Public doesn't want that many royals anymore. And royals don't retire at the same age as the rest of us. I don't think anyone can make them either.

And let's not put this entirely on Fergie. Andrew and his antics hasn't helped matters either.

I'm fairly certain that we won't see another HRH who is simply the grandchild of a monarch. Even though the LP allows all grandchildren of a monarch to have the title, I have this suspicion that from now on, it'll most likely go the way of Wessex children.
We will see what happens to Harry's first child once his father becomes king. Then we'll know.
Could be he and Meghan are so popular that whatever happens first, either the queen grants their kids a Royal title or Charles and Harry act conservatively and the kid gets the title for being Charles' grandchild. Because the public wants it that way.
Edward was never that popular and with Lady Louise's health problems, it surely was better to allow for more privacy.
But "Prince Harry" is so loved by the public, there might be a lot of voices who see in him and Meghan a sort of guarantee for the monarchy, so want a Royal title for their children as well. And the same might happen some day with Prince Louis' children.

Having them live at Ivy cottage makes it easier for their future children to grow up protected and next to their little Royal cousins. Was Ivy Cottage renovated before they moved in?

Here's a link about the York princesses roles:

Opinion: What kind of role should Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie have? – Royal Central

I think Andrew is really pushing for his girls to get recognitions.

Did either Beatrice or Eugenie themselves said something about that? Maybe they are quite happy to not have to live up to the role of a Working Royal? What with all that counting of how many engagements they do or the way William was called "workshy" when he had one of the most difficult and potential traumatizing job on "serving his people"? If you are not yourself or a family member of people in the rescue force, you normally have no idea what the rescue staff has to deal with on a daily basis. And that was this thank you by the media (and from the media-influenced public). Why should the York-prioncesses want this kind of life when they could go their own way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom