Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eugenie has been working in a field that seems to suit her for several years now. I find it interesting that she was pictured at Balmoral this year reportedly with her bf rather than on a visit with her family as in the past.
And of course the rumored move to KP is very interesting.
I suspect Eugenie's attendance at this event was planned well before the negative headlines about the slave owning ancestor came out. I find it interesting because of the venue and the fact that she sat next to the PM, to me it's more like a traditional Royal event than showing up at this or that party for charity is. She's also been named as attending the BP event for the Paralympics along w/ the Queen, Phillip, William, Catherine, Harry, her father and the Princess Royal.
Adding it all together - the move to KP (if true,) the solo visit to Balmoral and the more traditional Royal type events suggests to me that Eugenie may at some point be eased into some work for the firm if she's interested in doing so. She seems to be thriving.

Last edited:
Eugenie and Beatrice really can never win. They are either the party girls who do nothing :bang: or they are simply showing up for Pr. Beatrice is only in Nepal for press and now Eugenie is only doing this event because she is ashamed of her ancestors :ermm:

Does it occur to people that attendance at such events are planned months in advance? Before the article came out? That perhaps Eugenie is simply interested in bring involved in such an important event?

Eugenie and her sister have both really stepped up their charity work. Eugenie has done a wonderful job balancing her full time job, her patronages, supporting her grandmother and her personal life. I have no doubt she will continue.

The case could also be made that as the events are planned months in advance that it gives the publications and their writers plenty of time to gleefully dig up some dirt to counteract the purpose of a certain royal being at the event is supposed to highlight? To me, that would make more sense than to put detrimental meaning into the royal being there.

i know this is random and just a whim, but I truly believe that by the end of the year something big, I don't know if that means new patronage, wedding announcement, more engagements feel like we are getting more than usual from her and r=even Beatrice.

In the worlds of the royals, anything can happen. I think one reason that we are seeing more and more of both Beatrice and Eugenie working with their own charities and patronages is actually due to their ages and becoming more mature and realizing what is important to them in their lives.

Young adults in their 20s often go through trial and error periods with just about ever aspect of their lives and then comes the time where they find just what is the perfect fit for them. Its human nature.

I think it's a bit like " show us what you can do " after all the talk about Charles cutting back the working royals.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:previous: Eugenie's on the way to dressing like a sophisticated adult, but unfortunately she seems to have inherited her mother's habit of wearing dresses that are a size too small for her. At least she seems to have finally found a decent hair stylist. Baby steps.

Some additional pics of the "Conservation Couture: The Animal Ball Collection Exhibition At The V&A - Opening Night" can be found here:

** gettyimages gallery **

:previous: Eugenie's on the way to dressing like a sophisticated adult, but unfortunately she seems to have inherited her mother's habit of wearing dresses that are a size too small for her. At least she seems to have finally found a decent hair stylist. Baby steps.

I agre. It is a very chic dress and she would look great if just a size or do bigger. But her hair is looking great :flowers:

This style does not suit her at all a size bigger and different material maybe ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:previous: Yes. That stretch fabric drawn tightly around her tummy, hips and bottom does her no favours. However I'm now wondering whether it's intentional. We've seen Sarah dressed in similar manner very often and though I would have thought her daughters' reaction would be, 'No way am I ever going to allow myself to look like Mum does when she wears those tight dresses', perhaps they think it looks nice.

Horrible dress, she looks like she is about to burst out of it!

Just when she was starting to dress more suitably, she chooses something like this!

It may have been appropriate wear for wherever she was at the time but to be honest, I don't like it. I know this isn't the fashion thread but to me, that dress is wearing her and seems to be more of a A-lister celebrity type fashion. She'd be much better off, IMO, with a more minimalistic style such as Kate wears that would accentuate her natural beauty rather than detracting from it.

It may have been appropriate wear for wherever she was at the time but to be honest, I don't like it. I know this isn't the fashion thread but to me, that dress is wearing her and seems to be more of a A-lister celebrity type fashion. She'd be much better off, IMO, with a more minimalistic style such as Kate wears that would accentuate her natural beauty rather than detracting from it.

Oh heaven no thank you. One middle age school marm in the family is enough. Eugenie doesn't need to dress in clothes that look like she is sharing with Sophie or Camilla for that matter. She is in her twenties and should dress like it. She needs better fitting clothes.

Reality is in many ways royalty are celebrities. It's ridiculous to expect a young do an in her twenties to dress like Jackie o. I laugh when people say they dress like a celebrity. As long as they don't dress like Madonna in her cone noobs or some other slutty look, I don't see the issue. Fashion is fashion.

:previous: William Wilberforce died in 1833. ;)

Important message and good comparison. William was the leader of the movement to eradicate slavery. It was prominent back then and everyone knew about slaves, it wasn't hidden. But ending slavery was not a popular topic. Eugenie makes a point, that many people font realiz slavery is as ramped today as it was in the 19th century, it is simply not as well known andwhile publically illegal, many front realize they support it financially. It is as needed id at for there to be a voice out there to push for the movement to end modern slavery.

I love Eugenie has got behind such a cause. Royals, even minor ones, it us important when they support causes. But even ,ore important when they choose the unpopular ones, the ones that are uncomfortable and not spoken of. For Harry she the Cambridges it's mental health. Eugenie it's slavery :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Beatrice of York and her mother attends the Angel Ball 2016 on November 21 in NYC.

PPE

PPE Agency

Just saw Eugenie walking alone down Saville Row, probably to pick up some lunch, just like any other office worker. Was quite surprised that she looked a lot slimmer than she does in pictures

:previous: That's quite interesting, both your sighting and the smaller-than-expected size of Eugenie. There's something about media that tends to make people look bigger than they are, both physically and metaphorically.:)

Just saw Eugenie walking alone down Saville Row, probably to pick up some lunch, just like any other office worker. Was quite surprised that she looked a lot slimmer than she does in pictures

Yes, this is an interesting point. I saw Eugenie and Beatrice and Sarah at TIFF in Toronto, Canada 7 years ago and I also thought both Beatrice and Eugenie were smaller than they looked in pictures. Strange, eh?

:previous: That's quite interesting, both your sighting and the smaller-than-expected size of Eugenie. There's something about media that tends to make people look bigger than they are, both physically and metaphorically.:)

OR...she could be dieting.

I think she does look slimmer lately; reminds me of the time when Beatrice lost considerable weight after some unflattering photos appeared in the press.

The media is trying to spin it as a pre-wedding diet, but perhaps she just wants to get fit.

^^^ From The Telegraph

Gordon Rayner ‏@gordonrayner
In other news, Princess Eugenie’s people say she’s not engaged. Maybe she should stop wearing a ring on her engagement finger? #royal

The ring finger ring isn't really engagement ring type of ring. It's more infinity band that ring with a gem that screams engagement ring. Also if you want to announce your engagement with a ring shot a la Pippa you don't wear 2 bigger rings on your other fingers.

I wish they'd either get engaged, or break up!
What's with these relationships that drag on for years in a sort of limbo?
After dating six years, they should know whether they've got a future together.

(I hope it won't be another Beatrice/Dave Clark situation).

They may have their own reasons. From what I can recall, Jack doesn't come from a super wealthy from like Dave Clark did. He started as a waiter and then moved up in time to become a club/restaurant manager. Maybe he wants to make sure he can contribute to their future together instead of just relying on her trust fund. Who knows as long as they know what they want to do.

William and Kate put off their engagement for William to finish is SAR training. Once it was done, he proposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom