Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say , on her gap year she was photographed having her breasts fondled by another girl and in this DM article there is another pic of her grasping them again for the camera. As a female in my early 30's I can say that I had a fantastic time when I was Eugenie's age but even at 20 I was aware of the vulgarity of certain poses and would never have allowed myself to be photographed like that. I think it's an insult to many young people to say that her behaviour is just a laugh. She said herself in her 18th birthday interview that she feels embarrased when anyone calls her "princess" and couldn't remember when it had last happened. If that's the case it's very simple, give up the title and give the taxpayers a break.

Yes, squeezing 'the girls' isn't that elegant... Angela is right here. I wasn't really sure about what she was doing in that photo when I first saw it, so thanks for clearing this up!

I can't say I'm impressed by the pictures of Eugenie, but if that's the worst the Daily Mail can find out about her, it's not that bad. On the other hand, it seems the Daily Mail has trained its readers to whip themselves into a frenzy at the smallest sign of misbehaviour. This comment...overdramatic much?

Considering her mother's track record, it's a safe bet (any London bookies taking the business?) that one of the York girls at least will be pregnant out of wedlock, perhaps also an unmarried mother....and living on handouts from Granny since Mum is spending their trust funds out from under them, and scrounging from Dad as well.

Read more: The Facebook Princess Eugenie shows her party snaps and declares: I'm single and available | Mail Online

Okay...Eugenie is doomed to unmarried motherhood and a life of dependency because of those Facebook snaps.

The problem with Facebook is that the pictures weren't on Eugenie's page, someone else had taken them and posted them on her own Facebook page. So even if Eugenie has all the right privacy settings, if someone else takes a picture of her and keeps her privacy set to public, the whole world can see the picture.

Have to say , on her gap year she was photographed having her breasts fondled by another girl and in this DM article there is another pic of her grasping them again for the camera. As a female in my early 30's I can say that I had a fantastic time when I was Eugenie's age but even at 20 I was aware of the vulgarity of certain poses and would never have allowed myself to be photographed like that. I think it's an insult to many young people to say that her behaviour is just a laugh. She said herself in her 18th birthday interview that she feels embarrased when anyone calls her "princess" and couldn't remember when it had last happened. If that's the case it's very simple, give up the title and give the taxpayers a break.

Hasn't anyone ever said something at the 18 that they didn't mean? Or said in the heat of the moment? How long are we going to bring that up? When she graduates college, marries, has her first child?

Its not an insult to young people to say she is just acting her age. Because not all young people act the same. She isn't falling out of clubs, doing drugs, hanging with a lot of questionable people. She is acting goofy with her friends. It sounds like she needs to consider that every time she does something or takes it a picture, there is a possiblity that it will be found out by the media.

Sometimes people need to be embarassed publicly or go thru serious events to make them change their behavior. And since her protection officers have been cut back, its not like she is costing the British public anything. I believe she only has the protection officers when she is at an official event.

Last edited:
However, I do find it extremely sad when people in England and elsewhere think of the York Princesses and their deeds as a great opportunity to attack Sarah. This isn't mature IMO, nor is it serious anymore.

I couldn't agree more, a perfect way to attack Sarah and encourage "like mother like daughter" comments, and on the contrary when/if the girls go on to impress people by doing some worthwhile charity work or if they prove themselves to be approchable and friendly Sarah won't get any credit for that. If only your point would hit home with Sarah maybe she would consider the consequences of her actions and act more her age.

I couldn't agree more, a perfect way to attack Sarah and encourage "like mother like daughter" comments, and on the contrary when/if the girls go on to impress people by doing some worthwhile charity work or if they prove themselves to be approchable and friendly Sarah won't get any credit for that. If only your point would hit home with Sarah maybe she would consider the consequences of her actions and act more her age.

Kinda the point isn't it? As long as she's out trying to be as young as her daughters she won't be credited for setting a good example. Considering the Queen and the Princess Royal it's easy give credit to other family members when the girls do something positive.

Hopefully in the end she will do the best things for her and make the best choices she can for her. I cannot see her father allowing her to do much less.

Kinda the point isn't it? As long as she's out trying to be as young as her daughters she won't be credited for setting a good example. Considering the Queen and the Princess Royal it's easy give credit to other family members when the girls do something positive.

Very true, and that would be a shame because very few divorced couples have managed to jointly bring up their children in the kind of family unit that PA and Sarah have done, and Sarah deserves some credit for her part in that.

Hopefully in the end she will do the best things for her and make the best choices she can for her. I cannot see her father allowing her to do much less.

If she has got the best parts of both her Mum and Dad I'm sure she'll be fine.

Yes, the solution is very simple. No title, live the life she wants to, no more embarassment at being a princess and no body guards. Have fun fun fun without the horrible thought of having to do royal duty.

William and Harry acted similarly when they were this age. They're at university when they finish they will take on more royal duties, helping their father and their grandparents.

That Facebook story is just TMI. What is wrong there is that the princess has a "friend" on Facebook who is passing her pics to the DM. Seriously, privacy for the royals is important not only for the royals but for us! We just don't NEED to see some things, royal nostril hairs included!!!!! :lol: :ROFLMAO:

Eugenie doesn't have to be friends with this girl on facebook, she could have just chosen to put the pictures up herself. As for her selling them to the DM, they are on a public forum website the DM could have just copied the pictures and put them in the paper.

Yes, the solution is very simple. No title, live the life she wants to, no more embarassment at being a princess and no body guards. Have fun fun fun without the horrible thought of having to do royal duty.

She is barely 20.

Harry has said he doesn't like England but that was put down to 'he was young' and 'he didn't really mean it' but for Eugenie a comment made at 18 means that she has to give up her inheritance.

She knows what being a princess means. She doesn't know what life would be like the other way and like most of the rest of us 'the grass is always greener'.

The York girls will get a free pass from me until they are the ages at which William and Harry take up full-time duties. Until they reach those same ages they are free to do as they please, just like the princes have been able to do.

Therefore the girls can leave uni and do their own thing until at least their late 20s - like William - meaning Eugenie has a free pass for another 10 years (assuming William does 36 months as an SAR pilot he will be 31 when taking up being a full-time royal and the girls are entitled to the same freedom.)

Or do we have the usual double standards - boys can do what they like but girls have to conform at younger ages.:bang:

I just thought of another way life is different for royal girls as opposed to royal boys--Facebook pictures! This might sound silly, but when a group of people go out together, who is usually snapping pictures and posting them on Facebook? In my experience, it's the girls, and the people who are being photographed are usually...girls. I think Beatrice and Eugenie run a higher risk of having their pictures taken and posted on social networking sites, than William and Harry do.

I just thought of another way life is different for royal girls as opposed to royal boys--Facebook pictures! This might sound silly, but when a group of people go out together, who is usually snapping pictures and posting them on Facebook? In my experience, it's the girls, and the people who are being photographed are usually...girls. I think Beatrice and Eugenie run a higher risk of having their pictures taken and posted on social networking sites, than William and Harry do.

Not sure if I totally agree with that theory rmay286:flowers:

Girls certainly take more pictures of the more mudane things (speaking as a girl myself) with their friends just goofing around. Sometimes boys will be in the pics as well. If that is the case, I would imagine that there are some pics of William (and Kate) and Harry (with Chelsy) out there. The only difference is that the Wales's boys inner circle is much tighter than the York girls. I can't remember the last time someone in the Wales innercircle sold them out or put them in an embarassing situation (not along the Guy Pelly issues. He did that more to himself and it was guilt by association).

Either way the York girls need to look at their inner circle. In reference to iluvbertie's quote, I think it the scorn shown the York girls ways has more to do with them being the York girls than just girls. Zara partied quite a bit, and had a somewhat of a tabloid relationship (Richard Johnson) and has questionable endorsements (I understand that her sport is expensive to pay for) but no one questions Anne's kids. Its the York baggage deserved or undeserved.

Not sure if I totally agree with that theory rmay286:flowers:

Girls certainly take more pictures of the more mudane things (speaking as a girl myself) with their friends just goofing around. Sometimes boys will be in the pics as well. If that is the case, I would imagine that there are some pics of William (and Kate) and Harry (with Chelsy) out there. The only difference is that the Wales's boys inner circle is much tighter than the York girls. I can't remember the last time someone in the Wales innercircle sold them out or put them in an embarassing situation (not along the Guy Pelly issues. He did that more to himself and it was guilt by association).

Either way the York girls need to look at their inner circle. In reference to iluvbertie's quote, I think it the scorn shown the York girls ways has more to do with them being the York girls than just girls. Zara partied quite a bit, and had a somewhat of a tabloid relationship (Richard Johnson) and has questionable endorsements (I understand that her sport is expensive to pay for) but no one questions Anne's kids. Its the York baggage deserved or undeserved.

Okay, I think you do have a point. Girls will take photographs, but guys will be in those photographs as well. Harry and William do seem to have a tighter inner circle, and I would say Beatrice does as well (we really only see her with Dave Clark and the Bransons lately...when was the last time there's been a pic of her out clubbing?) Unfortunately, Eugenie will have to learn to be more careful about her friendships.

I've always been puzzled about the potrayal of Zara versus the York girls. I remember reading in royalty magazines (back in the day before the internet) about Zara's tongue piercing and a fight, or fights, with her boyfriend that became rather public. If anything, Eugenie and especially Beatrice's behaviour seems tame compared to Zara's. And I recognize that Zara may have settled down now, but she's also 29 as opposed to Eugenie's 20. I guess it does have to do with their parents. I think it also has something to do with their looks. Beatrice and Eugenie don't always photograph well and Zara, being toned and athletic, does; they don't have the greatest dress sense; and I guess it's easier to pick on the people who are less-than-picture-perfect.

The comments on the article about Eugenie were just so out of proportion to the pictures. I've seen more supportive comments on Daily Mail articles about random celebrities whose claim to fame seems to be getting naked on camera and having tumultuous relationships.

Oh yes Zara! Zara as she has matured and settled in her career is definitely not the same Zara who used to make headlines. The fights with Richard, the tongue piercing, her dress sense was not always the best, etc. The public perception of the parents definitely plays a role. But whenever Zara appears in the Daily Mail she gets some of the same nasty comments as her cousins. Although not as much, some of the British public favor her over her cousins. It just goes with my theory that the Daily Mail and papers like it are trying to start a class war.

Its like iluvbertie mentioned, the Yorks girls are simply doing a little of what their cousins did at the same age and yet they are viscerated in a way that the Zara and the Wales boys haven't been. I don't even think Marina Mowatt was raked over the coals this bad. Peter was somewhat boring compared to his cousins if I remember. Now its a not a fair comparison due to the York's position in the Line of Sucession vs Marina and Zara who had no titles and are further done. Plus the lack of police protection for Marina and Zara but still its a bit much.

Last edited:
Oh yes Zara! Zara as she has matured and settled in her career is definitely not the same Zara who used to make headlines. The fights with Richard, the tongue piercing, her dress sense was not always the best, etc. The public perception of the parents definitely plays a role. But whenever Zara appears in the Daily Mail she gets some of the same nasty comments as her cousins. Although not as much, some of the British public favor her over her cousins. It just goes with my theory that the Daily Mail and papers like it are trying to start a class war.

Its like iluvbertie mentioned, the Yorks girls are simply doing a little of what their cousins did at the same age and yet they are viscerated in a way that the Zara and the Wales boys haven't been. I don't even think Marina Mowatt was raked over the coals this bad. Peter was somewhat boring compared to his cousins if I remember. Now its a not a fair comparison due to the York's position in the Line of Sucession vs Marina and Zara who had no titles and are further done. Plus the lack of police protection for Marina and Zara but still its a bit much.

What I find even worse than the complaints about the cost of security - which is only one issue - is the fact that they are criticised for not doing anything while they are full time university students and that they are compared not to Zara, William and Harry at 20 and 21 but to Zara, William and Harry at 29,28 and 26 - namely they should be as mature as their older cousins without having the latitude to do the things that their older cousins did at those ages.

I remember when William was at uni there was a press agreement that they wouldn't run stories about his but obviously the York girls aren't being given the same latitude to go out and be university students and no press coverage. I have some friends who live in St Andrews and they told me that William was often at pubs etc at that time but the agreement was that those stories aren't to see the light of day but Beatrice and Eugenie are seen as fair game - grist to the DM's mill of destroying the Royal Family.

The York girls are given more coverage than William for the fact that their parents didn't agree to a press black out for them in school as the Prince of Wales did. Eugenie is different from Zara in the fact that she is Royal and in line to the Throne as all the supporters put as a defense to having police protection as her sister. People write that the Yorks can't get a fair shake from the media, it's articles such as this and Sarah's muck ups that keep the media giving them bad press.
Both girls may go to University, but their courses aren't exactly challenging. I took Art History as a filler between my hard science courses.
Off topic, while their European counterparts have taken courses in International Affairs, Political Science etc. and have gone on to Master's Courses the British Royals have never found the time or inclination to take any higher learning seriously.

The York girls are given more coverage than William for the fact that their parents didn't agree to a press black out for them in school as the Prince of Wales did. Eugenie is different from Zara in the fact that she is Royal and in line to the Throne as all the supporters put as a defense to having police protection as her sister. People write that the Yorks can't get a fair shake from the media, it's articles such as this and Sarah's muck ups that keep the media giving them bad press.
Both girls may go to University, but their courses aren't exactly challenging. I took Art History as a filler between my hard science courses.
Off topic, while their European counterparts have taken courses in International Affairs, Political Science etc. and have gone on to Master's Courses the British Royals have never found the time or inclination to take any higher learning seriously.

Do you really think that the press would have agreed to give the York girls any slack if Andrew asked? I don't.

Charles was able to ask in the time immediately after Diana's death and the press agreed due to the boys having suffered the death of their mother.

Just because you found Art History relatively easy isn't the case for everyone.

I have both a BA and MA in History and they were all hard work and extremely challenging for me. Science bored me to tears to the point that I didn't even do any for my final two years at school but it annoys me no end, as an historian, and as a History teacher, when people put down humanities degress over science ones. When I look at my students over the years it amazes me how many of the science kids can't do humanities - mainly because they don't have a brain that works that way. Just as I can't do science they can't do history. I respect people who can do the sciences but find that they don't tend to have the same respect for people who are humanitarian based in their outlook.

The BRF don't do more that basic degrees because they know that they don't need all the rest to be good constitutional monarchs afterall the present monarch never went to school let alone uni and she has done a good job for nearly 60 years. Experience counts for way more than a university education to do that job. The Queen has trained Charles and is training William and Harry to do the job. They don't need any more. No amount of degrees will prepare you to do a job that only one person in the country is currently doing and no one else can do at the same time. Each country is different and the roles of their monarchs are different so one person does the job and the next person knows who they are just not when they will get to do that job. Therefore only one person can truly train them to do the job and that is the current performer of that job.

Absolutely, Iluvbertie. As you said, what works for one monarchy doesn't work for another. I'd much rather have a monarch who's dutiful and dedicated than have one with lots of higher education who doesn't know how to deal with people or do the job properly.

Therefore only one person can truly train them to do the job and that is the current performer of that job.

I am sure that if the Queen asked the papers to leave the Yorks alone they would.
That is if their mother co-operated and continued to behave herself as she seems to be doing now. They, of course, would then be able to dispense with their bodyguards which seems to be the main area of attack in the British Press (well some of it).
It is true that the monarch in Britain doesn´t need a great university education to be a good constitutional monarch, luckily for them they have a government and advisers who are indeed highly educated.
As to history, even Queen Mary saw the importance of studying it, she asked Crawfie, the Queen and her sister´s governess to cut down on maths and give more history.
There was a difference though, she could see that unless a minor miracle happened the then Princess Elizabeth would be Queen, and she was wise enough to realise that the British monarch is always surrounded by highly educated advisers and government.

I am sure that if the Queen asked the papers to leave the Yorks alone they would.

As they didn't leave Diana alone when asked by the Queen in 1981 I don't think they would take any notice now.

As they didn't leave Diana alone when asked by the Queen in 1981 I don't think they would take any notice now.

I was going to say the same thing. She called in several editors and asked for space for the new (pregnant) princess...we all know that didn't happen.

Lack of title won't change anything.

The Wales boys are Diana's sons, that's how they're preferably viewed. William the handsome future king with the unfortunate social climber of a girlfriend and Harry the tough as nails war vet.

Zara is the title less, champion horse riding daughter of the hard working Princess Royal and Captain Mark Phillips, a gold medal winning Olympic athlete and the sister of an employee of the RBS in Hong Kong.

Beatrice and Eugenie are "Airmiles Andy" and the "Duchess of Pork's" daughters, until they've taken their place amongst the royals and begin doing duties they will get slated for every little thing because their parents are so loathed as wastes of space and as such will be labeled similarly for anything remotely resembling bad behavior.

Lack of title won't change anything].

The Wales boys are Diana's sons, that's how they're preferably viewed. William the handsome future king with the unfortunate social climber of a girlfriend and Harry the tough as nails war vet.

Zara is the title less, champion horse riding daughter of the hard working Princess Royal and Captain Mark Phillips, a gold medal winning Olympic athlete and the sister of an employee of the RBS in Hong Kong.

Beatrice and Eugenie are "Airmiles Andy" and the "Duchess of Pork's" daughters, until they've taken their place amongst the royals and begin doing duties they will get slated for every little thing because their parents are so loathed as wastes of space and as such will be labeled similarly for anything remotely resembling bad behavior.

Very SAD and very TRUE. :sad:

:previous:That's kind of cruel.
Why is it cruel? Unfortunately, it is reality. The Princesses ought to be well aware that their every move is documented and commented upon. Or do they not care that their piggie faces from Facebook are splashed all over the Daily Mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom