Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting that link, Breffney! I'd been looking for how to contribute before and couldn't find it. I think it's fantastic that Eugenie is doing this, and I hope as many people as possible will support her and help the 2 great causes she's doing it for!

Thanks for posting that link, Breffney! I'd been looking for how to contribute before and couldn't find it. I think it's fantastic that Eugenie is doing this, and I hope as many people as possible will support her and help the 2 great causes she's doing it for!

My pleasure, FergieFan. ! :flowers:

I got the link via Twitter. It was posted by the editor of Majesty Magazine.

I totally agree with you about Eugenie. Both she and Beatrice (in last year's London Marathon) don't just "talk the talk". They also "walk the walk". :flowers:

Eugenie the charity rider, sponsored by Mum: Fergie gives daughter £500 ahead of 100km event as spendthrift Prince Andrew gives a mere £50
When she sets off on a night bike ride for charity next week, Princess Eugenie will be spurred on with lots of family support. Especially from her mother. The Duchess of York has promised a generous £500 in sponsorship for Eugenie’s efforts. Prince Andrew’s office, presumably in better financial shape than the cash-strapped Sarah, has offered a mere £50.

One of the donors is a Haz, with the message: "If I wasn't at a wedding, I would definitely come watch knowing the way you prepared for this!! Good luck Cuz x".

Perhaps Harry, who was at Emily McCorquodale's wedding? :flowers:

Princess Eugenie took part in a fundraiser to raise money for WWF (see the article above). Cyclists participated
in a 64 mile nighttime tour past over 50 of London's most famous landmarks on June 9, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: London Nightrider ** cozycot gallery **

Princess Eugenie got a big hug from her proud mother when the bike ride was over today, June 10:

** photoshelter.com gallery **

** dailymail: The Princess of pedal power: Eugenie completes 65 MILE overnight bike ride (and raises £9,000 for charity) **

Last edited:
It is great to see Eugenie getting positive coverage for this. Many of the royals attend charity functions etc but not many get the chance to actually get out there and take part in something hands on like this.

Eugenie could have just shown up to meet the cyclists as they finished the ride and kudos for her actually training and completing the ride herself. It can't have been easy with the metal rods in her back.

I think what Eugenie did was wonderful. Glad so many people supported her.

Many congratulations to Eugenie - a fantastic achievement and she's raised a whole lot of money!
And of course Beatrice did the London marathon last year. Great to see both York girls really pushing and challenging themselves to make a difference - they are wonderful young ladies!

Last edited:
How nice she looks! Cute dress, nice tailored blazer, summery espadrilles.. Now This is how she should dress more often.. Simple, clean lines, and age appropriate!

The Daily Mail and Express are reporting that Princess Eugenie has a 2:1 degree in English Literature and History of Art from Newcastle. Great result

The Daily Mail and Express are reporting that Princess Eugenie has a 2:1 degree in English Literature and History of Art from Newcastle. Great result

:previous:
Congrats :flowers::flowers::flowers:

What does 2:1 mean exactly?

It is an honours degree.

In the UK students passing their course will graduate with a degree. If their results are particularly good, the university will award the degree "with honours".

Honours degrees are either first class (the highest level of degree) or second class with second class honours being further broken down into either an upper second (2.1) or a lower second (2.2).

So from highest to lowest students with a degree might have:

First class honours
degree without honours.

It would be nice if she could one day become custodian of the Royal private archive or The Royal Collections. These things after all started out as a collection out of the private interest of her ancestors, so she might have a relation to these things.

Congratulations to Eugenie! Am also surprised that her mother wasn't there, but nice to see that her father and sister were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom