Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 5: October 2008-April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what we've seen regarding the York princesses is one of the consequences of having such a low age of majority. The age of majority was lowered here from 21 to 18 when I was about 19, and I remember thinking at the time, 'Wow, I'm an adult. I can vote, and I can do whatever I want'. I assure you that anything my mother said to me about modifying my behaviour went in one ear and out the other in those days. If Beatrice and Eugenie are as receptive as I was, Sarah and Andrew might counsel them till they are blue in the face, to no effect.

And I restate my opinion that I don't think what Eugenie did was so bad anyway.

Yes, I think you're quite perceptive. Slightly off-topic, but the age of consent for sexual relations here is 14. We get men coming over the border from the States who know they can't be charged for seducing someone who would still be considered a minor south of the border. The young person's parents and the police can't do a thing about it.
More to the point, the brain is still developing for teenagers. Eugenie is still a teenager. I wonder what the alcohol is doing to her brain?:nonono:

Last edited by a moderator:
No...the age of sexual consent in Canada was raised last year to 16. It used to be 14 though. :)

Well, it certainly seems she'll be one to keep royal life interesting, doesn't it?

The article, overall, is a little overblown if you ask me. Bottom line, she's a wealthy young person having fun -- comparing her antics to Harry's is a little difficult, IMO. She hasn't been caught with drugs or wearing questionable fancy dress outfits. She seems like an intelligent young woman with a bit of flair for excitement.

As she is a granddaughter of The Queen, however, it might be nice to see her balance her nights out with a bit of work to help the British people -- they are paying for her security, after all.

IMO She has been seen wearing questionable fancy dress, not politically questionable but just as far as taste is concerned. The photographs at Princess Beatrice´s birthday in dresses designed by at least Beatrice,though she might have had help from Eugenie, and their mother´s taste was certainly present whether physical or just genewise... They were absolutely horrible.

I mean fancy dress as in costume -- she hasn't been seen out in Nazi garb yet, so Harry takes that cake.

A small warning, should you ever happen upon Princess Eugenie in a nightclub or at one of the lap-dancing bars on which she seems so keen.

The real royal rebel: Watch out Harry! Princess Eugenie's about to steal your hellraising crown | Mail Online
I assume the point of this article was to paint her as cool and edgy but they just accomplish the exact opposite effect, making her look like a huge cliche and a try hard. She doesn't have the looks or dress sense to be a It-Girl, so it's better to stop trying to make one of her.

Imo, she is just an ordinary, rather unremarkable young woman, and she doesn't strike me as wanting the kind of attention the Mail is now lavishing on her (that story was actually front page of the print version). As for Bea being the sensible one, I don't think so.

No,the girls don't have to go out every night and get into mischief.But,I read something once that gives me pause;a celebrity once said that many,many pictures are taken of the famous while they are at an event/party. All of the pictures aren't shown at once,but are published as time passes,so it looks like all that person does is go to parties.
But it's the choices that these girls are making that looks bad...giving lap dances? That's a bit wild.
I didn't go put every night at that age,either.I had to study!
i love your post miselle. thats the point im trying to make! the press just think it is more intersting to depict the girls as party animals, when for all we know they could go out once avery other week!
i am not going to coulnt how many times they have each gone to parties as that would be wierd, but i am positive that they do not go out more than they should. I think all this attention comes because we are in a recassiong and people are upset that their tax seems to be going to people who spend it on partying. I believe that the press are playing on peoples emotions making the whle situation more than it ought to be.
If they were sitting at home reading, it would hardly be entertaining would it?
I also have to say that one must be careful about believing everything the press says. sometimes i have no idea where they pull these their unidentified friends from. There seems to be a lot of them around..lol. unless we actually see pictures of eugenie pole dancing, we cannot say that she's acting wild.

That is all very well, but the point is Princess Eugenie is going out during the week when she has to, or is supposed to, turn up to her lectures on time, also the tremendous expense of security and the poor men having to stand round while the little Princess dances and plays until all hours of the morning, if it is only two or three times a week it is still far too often.
They do put the dates on the photos you know, one study week it was three nights running.....

She's on her gap year...

Sorry :nonono: mixing up with her sister. She still has the security standing round waiting though.
Let us see if she gets down to study when she does go to Uni next year.

I have no problem with the security people being paid for by the taxpayers as long as the York girls are HRHs. It would, however, be nice to see them guarding Eugenie while she does something worthwhile. I'll give Beatrice a pass for now because she's in school and doing something worthwhile with her days.:flowers:

I wonder whether Prince Edward´s children are going to have security, they are not HRHs officially but they are just as royal as their cousins, then of course we have Princess Anne´s children, do they have security. Or is it just because of the HRH before their names?

I wonder whether Prince Edward´s children are going to have security, they are not HRHs officially but they are just as royal as their cousins, then of course we have Princess Anne´s children, do they have security. Or is it just because of the HRH before their names?

First of all I doubt Edward's kids would expose themselves in the same way as the York girls (Yes, Girls! they do not appear to be grown up most of the time) do. Their parents will surely raise them to be more disciplined and inconspicuous. None of them seems to be the showy kind, so why should their children turn out different. Not searching the limelight also results in less need of security after all. If noone knows what you look like or has only a vague idea, how should they identify you ... wise parents to not let any pictures taken IMHO.

As the Wessex kids get older I don't think their parents will continue to have the luxury of them not being photographed (and sorry, but I find this No Picture thing a tad peculair, but that is a subject for another thread). So it won't be that no one will know what these kids look like that will keep them out of the spotlight. As you said, it'll be the way their parents bring them up. Edward & Sophie are def more low-key than either Andrew or Sarah. They became parents further on in life and themselves do not generate a ton of interest from the media. As P Charles and his sons move more into the main spotlight, the other royals will take more of a backseat so by the time the Wessex kids are of partying age, I doubt there will be a huge amount of interest (think Lord Freddie and Lady Gabriella). Which I'm sure is just what Edward and Sophie prefer.

Last time I checked - it was the cameras that were following them, not the other way round :rolleyes:

* And yes, they do pose for the press occasionally *

As far as I know, Princess Anne's children don't have security. At least, they don't have protection officers. :flowers:

Princess Anne's children do not have protection officers and they are Not HRH. I doubt that they have security either! That is just the way Anne wanted it to be. Good for her!

Thanks for the links, Ice. So Pss E is out partying 'til 4am. Wow, shocking.

Credit where it is due, the York girls have been keeping quite a low profile recently. Who knows, one of them may even adopt a good cause!

I was thinking just the same thing last night, Muriel. There haven't been so many pictures of them clubbing lately.:flowers:

Credit where it is due, the York girls have been keeping quite a low profile recently. Who knows, one of them may even adopt a good cause!

And none of Bea in New York...interesting. Pss.E looked nicely dressed as well.

If she did go to New York Fashion Week, perhaps she'll show up in Vogue in the "People Are Talking About" section.

Or perhaps she wanted a quiet break and so didn't go out much. We'll see, I guess.:flowers:

And none of Bea in New York...interesting. Pss.E looked nicely dressed as well.

If the timing of these events is correct (statue unveiling in the morning and nightclub at night) does this strike anyone else as odd? If my daughter went to some solemn family occasion (particularly if that daughter were in the public eye), I would think that her heading off to paparazzi infested nightclubs that same evening would be incredibly disrespectful. It's almost as if "okay, great granny's statue's up, now let's go have some booze and fun." I don't know. Something about this struck me as so disrespectful. I'm not saying that Eugenie had to hang out in a church all day, but to be at this prominent wild nightclub until four in the morning?

It's not like it was the day of the funeral, or a church service of any type. It was a ceremony honouring her great-grandmother. I bet the royal family had a gathering afterwards where they celebrated the day...and I bet drinks were served.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom