Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 5: October 2008-April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it makes perfect sense that B & E have security protection, however I was wondering how other European monarchies handle security issues w their "minor" royals. For example, do the Infantas of Spain have 24 hr security protection for themselves and their families? I know it's a bit different from Pss B&E as the Infantas are the daughters of the King and B&E are granddaughters of the monarch. How about Camilla's grown children? They are after all the stepchildren of the future King and you'd think they'd be pretty serious targets for kidnappers. Or deposed Royals, like King Constantine and Queen AnnMarie (she is a princess of Denmark) and their families? I know there's no country to foot the bill for them but they're pretty high profile - at least King C and Q AM and their older children.

Wasn´t a holiday house for the Dutch Crown Prince and Princess vetoed just recently because the costs of security would be too high? I think I read that on the Dutch royal family thread.

---snipped--- How about Camilla's grown children? They are after all the stepchildren of the future King and you'd think they'd be pretty serious targets for kidnappers. Or deposed Royals, like King Constantine and Queen AnnMarie (she is a princess of Denmark) and their families? I know there's no country to foot the bill for them but they're pretty high profile - at least King C and Q AM and their older children.
Nothing for any of the Parker Bowles children, sorry I don't know about the others.

I've never heard Eugenie talk before! I didn't know she had such a deep voice. It's funny because Beatrice's voice is just the opposite--very girly and high-pitched.

Yes, Eugenie takes after Sarah in that respect, I think--although she has her father's colouring. And the Queen Mother had low voice as well. Good to see Sarah taking Eugenie and/or Beatrice along to things. It gives them experience in case their help is needed for the Royal Family someday.:flowers:

I've never heard Eugenie talk before! I didn't know she had such a deep voice. It's funny because Beatrice's voice is just the opposite--very girly and high-pitched.

Same - i had never heard either of them talk until tonight when i heard them on a TV ad for a forthcoming programme they are doing with their mother

Does Eugenie smoke?

Thank you Kinga77 for the videos of D of Y and PE

From what I saw when Princess Eugenie is with her mother it must be very hard for her to get a word in edgewise.... I hope that the patients enjoyed the visit, they seemed to.

I read an online article on the HELLO!magazine website stating that apparently Beatrice and Eugenie are to have a more active role in "the firm"

That would be good to see. In the immediate Royal Family (i.e. descendants of the queen their spouses), the next youngest woman performing royal jobs is Sophie! I know that William and Harry's wives will have higher public profiles someday, Beatrice and Eugenie are here and with us now.:flowers:

I read an online article on the HELLO!magazine website stating that apparently Beatrice and Eugenie are to have a more active role in "the firm"

Beatrice and Eugenie are here and with us now.:flowers:
They are? I see them more as mini mummy's than anything serious and could the palace forget that the person they most aspire to be like is Sarah?:whistling:

Considering how much charity work Sarah does (more than some royals, btw), they could aspire to be worse things.

Considering how much charity work Sarah does (more than some royals, btw), they could aspire to be worse things.
Royal for sale, $50 for me $1 for charity!:whistling:

Do we have a breakdown of Sarah's charity expenses and donations? If so, it would be an interesting post for her Charities and Patronages thread.

Do we have a breakdown of Sarah's charity expenses and donations? If so, it would be an interesting post for her Charities and Patronages thread.
Good grief anyone would think you and kimebear were a double act!:lol: The question was rhetorical but now you mention it, IIRC there was an interesting article, probably in the bowels of TRF that said only a tiny percentage of money raised from the sale of her ????, (jewelery range, candles, soaps etc) went to charity. Would 1cent ring any bells, it was an American article I believe!

How exciting! A grand tour of Asia--that sounds very interesting. I hope she enjoys herself very much.
And, I agree- she is beautiful--both York girls are beautiful.

I wonder what length of time "shortly" is.

British Newspapers love a bit of drama, that is why I questioned the shortly. All those poor people dead and all they can think of is that Princess Eugenie checked out a few days before......

Oh, I wasn't questioning the validity of your statement, Menarue - I agree that it's rather typical (and sad) of some of the celebrity-obsessed press to turn a horrific story like this one into another celebrity news item. I was just clarifying with a link, that's all.

Princess Eugenie rang her parents Sarah, Duchess of York, and Prince Andrew in the immediate aftermath of the Mumbai attacks to assure them she was fine. The young royal, who's on a gap-year visit to India, was staying in the city's Taj Mahal hotel, the scene of many of the incidents, shortly before terrorists struck.

HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

Oh, I wasn't questioning the validity of your statement, Menarue - I agree that it's rather typical (and sad) of some of the celebrity-obsessed press to turn a horrific story like this one into another celebrity news item. I was just clarifying with a link, that's all.

I understood Ella. It just makes me mad sometimes. Someone is murdered and a soap opera star was just three blocks away and he gives his impression of how he survived the terror of the moment etc etc....

What chills me, is l last night on the news they said a week before the attcks the Indian police took a man into custity for being a terriorist looking around Mumbia. I thouhgt what if they hit a week ahead when the Princess was there.:ermm:

One more person would have died. Everyone would be tremendously upset but the other people who died matter too to their families and and friends, I am glad she wasn´t there but I would be much much happier if nothing had happened and if no one had died at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom