Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 5: October 2008-April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The grass is always greener on the other side! Do these girls not understand their privileged position, and the responsibility that comes with it? Or is it that they just need to learn to be careful of what they say?

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be the latter Muriel, they ARE their mother's daughters after all . . . :whistling:

They do understand but they're also in their early twenties and privileged beyond belief. The reality is that the York girls, and to an extent the Wales, know they can do as they please without much consequence.

The "immortality" someone that age feels makes for crap decision making. Add their status and you're going to get a ton of mistakes and constant bristling at the attention paid to their actions. Fifty years ago, hell thirty years ago it would've been unimaginable but today, especially with the older generation still churning out the duties at such a blistering pace, these kids don't feel the pressure.

The Yorks will continue their calm existence for as long as they can and then they'll settle into duties as they're passed along to them. If anything the media coverage of today's world means that, despite being the children of the second son, they will have a lot more clout in the future than previous minor royals but for now. Meh.

Hopefully in the future they'll remember that anything they say can and will be printed in the press, and reprinted and reprinted. They're going to have to learn to be more guarded.

They do understand but they're also in their early twenties and privileged beyond belief. The reality is that the York girls, and to an extent the Wales, know they can do as they please without much consequence.

The "immortality" someone that age feels makes for crap decision making. Add their status and you're going to get a ton of mistakes and constant bristling at the attention paid to their actions. Fifty years ago, hell thirty years ago it would've been unimaginable but today, especially with the older generation still churning out the duties at such a blistering pace, these kids don't feel the pressure.

The Yorks will continue their calm existence for as long as they can and then they'll settle into duties as they're passed along to them. If anything the media coverage of today's world means that, despite being the children of the second son, they will have a lot more clout in the future than previous minor royals but for now. Meh.

My view is that York girls are really not going to have major roles to play in the monarchy going forward, and hence, they really need to be thinking carefully about building lives independent of royal careers. As a result of this, my sense is that their sense of responsibility is probably a wee bit less than that of the Wales boys. That said, these views are based on what one observes and reads in the press, and so may not truely be accurate.

Good grief. Are none of the designers who did Diana's clothes still in business? Someone please take these two girls to Catherine Walker. Please.

Oh my. :eek:
Well at least we have Dave, the ever smiling Stepford consort looking good. . . .

Oh, the York sisters looked so elegant.... on Easter Sunday!!!! :cool: What a total mess - doesn't Eugenie feel embarrassed?! :eek:

Oh, the York sisters looked so elegant.... on Easter!!!! :cool: What a total mess - doesn't Eugenie feel embarrassed?! :eek:

Probably not, or at least she doesn't think so.
Beatrice looks alright. They looked much much better at Easter. :)

But they are partying right? It's not so bad, I don't like thights but they are trendy :p

They're just tights/leggings. It's not like her knickers are showing or anything.

These are young girls at university and dressing accordingly for a night out with their friends.

At Easter they were dressed appropriately for the occasion the same as they were for a pub crawl.

They are young and people seem to forget some of the awful outfits Zara wore a decade ago when she was their age and compare them to her now.

I`m trying to remember on who I saw with those tights, I know that it was some celebrity, and I think it was Taylor momsen but I can't find the picture!

Dave and the other guy looked dressed-down as well. Perhaps it was a theme party. I hope that it was a theme party.:lol:

Oh my. :eek:
Well at least we have Dave, the ever smiling Stepford consort looking good. . . .

I`m trying to remember on who I saw with those tights, I know that it was some celebrity, and I think it was Taylor momsen but I can't find the picture!

There's a wide range from Madonna the Queen of Pop to Britney Spears, next Queen of pop and Queen Latifa or Prince. All of them remarkable, well-respected royals! :flowers:

Ok so she's young and she's going to make mistakes. And that outfit was one of them. Horrors!

Nope they were exactly as the ones that Eugenie is wearing, tomorrow I will try to find the photo.
I'm very into fashion and I think that I have seen those tights commented on some blog, but I can't remember :bang:

My gosh, hopefully this is just a phase they are going through.

Were Eug's "leggings" in the Dominatrix aisle at Wal-Mart??

:whistling:

Not likely. I stand by my original assertion; nothing is hanging out and you can't see her underwear.

File this under "hardly a big deal".

Not likely. I stand by my original assertion; nothing is hanging out and you can't see her underwear.

File this under "hardly a big deal".
Oh I know it's no big deal to you though there are some of us old foggies who actually enjoy looking at a Princess who dresses lovely, a la Grace Kelly. *sigh*
Ah! Well. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom