The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 12:16 AM
Majesty

As far as I know, Princess Anne's children don't have security. At least, they don't have protection officers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I wonder whether Prince Edward´s children are going to have security, they are not HRHs officially but they are just as royal as their cousins, then of course we have Princess Anne´s children, do they have security. Or is it just because of the HRH before their names?

Old 02-01-2009, 12:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Anne's children do not have protection officers and they are Not HRH. I doubt that they have security either! That is just the way Anne wanted it to be. Good for her!

Old 02-25-2009, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Pics 24.2.2009

Princess Eugenie out last night, London, February 24, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Eugenie the party princess hits Boujis nightclub until 4am after Queen Mother memorial

Old 02-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the links, Ice. So Pss E is out partying 'til 4am. Wow, shocking.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:42 AM
Majesty

Credit where it is due, the York girls have been keeping quite a low profile recently. Who knows, one of them may even adopt a good cause!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Majesty

I was thinking just the same thing last night, Muriel. There haven't been so many pictures of them clubbing lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Credit where it is due, the York girls have been keeping quite a low profile recently. Who knows, one of them may even adopt a good cause!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

And none of Bea in New York...interesting. Pss.E looked nicely dressed as well.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Majesty

If she did go to New York Fashion Week, perhaps she'll show up in Vogue in the "People Are Talking About" section.

Or perhaps she wanted a quiet break and so didn't go out much. We'll see, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
And none of Bea in New York...interesting. Pss.E looked nicely dressed as well.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:13 AM

If the timing of these events is correct (statue unveiling in the morning and nightclub at night) does this strike anyone else as odd? If my daughter went to some solemn family occasion (particularly if that daughter were in the public eye), I would think that her heading off to paparazzi infested nightclubs that same evening would be incredibly disrespectful. It's almost as if "okay, great granny's statue's up, now let's go have some booze and fun." I don't know. Something about this struck me as so disrespectful. I'm not saying that Eugenie had to hang out in a church all day, but to be at this prominent wild nightclub until four in the morning?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Nobility

It's not like it was the day of the funeral, or a church service of any type. It was a ceremony honouring her great-grandmother. I bet the royal family had a gathering afterwards where they celebrated the day...and I bet drinks were served.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Majesty

You're more than likely right about the private get-together, but I think that's different from going out to a club...especially when the Princess in question has already been criticized for expensive nights out during a recession.

Perhaps it's a generational thing. I'm middle-aged, and this just doesn't seem respectful to me.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Why should she act any differently than she has for the last year or more? It's her loss, imo. She and her sister Bea really seem to care less about the protocol of being royals. Her Great-Grandma could teach them both a thing or two...
Old 02-27-2009, 12:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Why should she act any differently than she has for the last year or more? It's her loss, imo. She and her sister Bea really seem to care less about the protocol of being royals. Her Great-Grandma could teach them both a thing or two...
I bet she could. Here are a few pearls of wisdom for both girsl from the Queen Mother. Take a little nip every day just a long as you do it privately. Arrange a wedding between your grandson and the daughter of good friend even though you know it's a match made in hell. Provide a setting for adulterous lovers to meet as long as it's done quietly.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Touche'...Mandy!!!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 01:54 AM
Majesty

I thought that it was Diana's grandmother who thought that it wasn't a good match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
I bet she could. Here are a few pearls of wisdom for both girsl from the Queen Mother. Take a little nip every day just a long as you do it privately. Arrange a wedding between your grandson and the daughter of good friend even though you know it's a match made in hell. Provide a setting for adulterous lovers to meet as long as it's done quietly.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvr girl View Post
It's not like it was the day of the funeral, or a church service of any type. It was a ceremony honouring her great-grandmother. I bet the royal family had a gathering afterwards where they celebrated the day...and I bet drinks were served.
I'm with yvr girl on this one. It really wasn't a funeral, a memorial service, or even a death anniversary. It was, if anything, the unveiling of a memorial, and celebration of her life. IMO, the York girls have done well to stay out of the press recently, and it would be unfair to begrudge them the odd night out every now and then. After all, Eugenie is still on her gap year. I am not usually a supporter of these girls, and do feel they should be doing a lot more with their lives than they appear to be, but in this instance, I could not really see anything wrong in Eugenie's actions.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:52 AM
Heir Apparent

This isn't a good example of a young princess!(((
Old 02-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with Muriel, it wasn´t her great-grandmother´s funeral, it was the unveiling of her statue. I think she goes out at night far too often, if we can believe what the newspapers tell us, and I don´t think they are lying about this, but there is no need to go into deep mourning for a week because a statue was unveiled.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Serene Highness

Sorry, but I don't get this whole notion that the York girls have been doing well lately because they've not been photographed 2 dozen times falling out of a pub, looking half-cocked or what-have-you. That's doing well? How 'bout the York girls doing well by wearing appropriate clothing, doing a bit of "work" for a local charity or even appearing at something other than a trendy club. Doing well? Not quite.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Majesty

You may not have realised that my comment "the York girls have done well to stay out of the press recently" is certainly not an unqualified "the York girls have been doing well lately". Your point is very valid, but different to what I said.

Closed Thread

Tags
princess eugenie