Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 5: October 2008-April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That must have been an interesting evening for her security officer, up to all those hours and then watching what I think is very inappropriate behaviour for a royal princess, even though they are quick to say that she didn´t take her clothes off, but then she has been in the news for that.
Did anyone notice the next story? Chelsy and Harry have broken up!

:previous:
Yet more inappropriate behaviour from one of the York girls. :nonono:

It's part of getting to know how the other half lives. After all, patrons to gentlemen's clubs are part of her grandmother's subjects. She may have to shake their hands on a future engagement. ;) Since the writer didn't make a point of how cold Eugenie looked, it must have been a file photo the Daily Mail used in the web edition. This is a documented faux pas for a young royal to walk around London streets in a miniskirt and no coat.:flowers:

Did I mention she looked good in the photo? Minus the shivering.

Is it that hard for the York girls to behave theirselves? :rolleyes:
They should really start doing something usefull with their lives. I'm sorry that I might be a bit harsh on them but I can't take any British royal very serious and especially the Yorks.

Here's another article in French about Eugenie's last night out,
but I'm more interested in the first of the two photos, that are
included. I'm not sure if it's a new one or one from last year,
is there anyone who knows if we've seen something similar
before?!

La princesse Eugenie se met... au lap dance !

Thanks for the links, Ice. I think this is shameful behavior. I've always been in support of the York girls being young and going out having some fun w their friends like ordinary girls their age (Yes, I know, they're not ordinary, but still . . .) but there is such a thing as crossing the line of good taste and decency and this, imo, crosses it. I recall years ago an interview w Sarah when she was a single parent saying something along the lines of while she wants her daughters to have as normal a life as possible, she's constantly reminding them of who they are and the responsibilities they have because of it. She said she reminds them they're always being watched and scrutinized and they'll always have to live with that and they need to always be on their best behavior, at least publically. Seems these two have forgotten all that.

Also, I think it's in very bad taste for this teenager to be ording hundreds of dollars worth of alcohol when the country is being slammed w a debilitating economic crunch and people are finding it hard to feed their families. Again, poor judgement!

Sixth in line to the throne and wanting to hop on a pole for a little dance. This is truly horrible. There is a distinct difference between enjoying youthful activities with your friends and then this type of willful, spoiled, indulgent, and tacky behavior. I am surprised that between her and her sister that Sarah and Andrew haven't put more of a firm reign on them and their shennanigans. I know that Sarah wanted them to have as normal a life as possible, while not forgetting who they were--but they're behaving like the equivalent of Paris Hilton and the young celebrities here in the US. Eugenie in this last story, I just cannot believe it.
AND, with the economy and situations like they are for people it is more than a little insensitive to be spending hundreds of pounds on alcohol. Her family needs to step in and set some boundaries for her.

Remember Eugenie dancing naked at her school last year? Obviously she learned nothing back then and obviously her mother's word went in and out ... hopeless cases these York girls. I'd recommend a social year to her in order to really learn something!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I def. remember that report. At the time I figured, "nah, she wouldn't do something as foolish as that, not someone in her position - she was probably just there." But now I'm not so sure. At least, however that wasn't out in the general public, not that I'm condoning that behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet another example of one of the York girls behaving like juveniles, and insensitive ones as well. Hardly exemplary action on Eugenie's part. It most definately is time for someone to step in and confront them and to put a stop to all this nonsense!

Different nightclubs and drinks almost night by night... I know that both girls are of age but they parents should do something.

And that should be her parents. Not us. It just seems dat Sarah wants to be their cool mum and best friend but with two daughters acting like fools she should step in.

The Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York do not seem to have provided much in the way of restraint or guidance to their daughters which seems strange given the particularly unkind media attention the young princesses have been receiving for some time [particularly the elder Princess Beatrice]. They seem a very self-congratulatory family to me. This is just my opinion.

They should have employed a good governess for the girls instead of sending them to schools where they were taught obviously nothing about good manners.

What the York girls don't seem to grasp is that no amount of positive PR from charity events undo the damage done by their night-time social activities. No one expects these young sociable women to stay home reading Jane Austen novels (although they certainly wouldn't hurt), but it would be nice to see fewer occasions of them being totally self-indulgent.:glare:

Last edited:
What the York girls don't seem to grasp is that no amount of positive PR from charity events undo the damage done by their night-time social activities. No one expects these young sociable women to stay home reading Jane Austen novels (althought they certainly wouldn't hurt), but it would be nice to see fewer occasions of them being totally self-indulgent.:glare:

I stayed home reading Jane Austen! Truly, I did. Even now, when I need to de-stress about something, out comes a Jane Austen book. I agree--it wouldn't hurt either of them to devote some time to this amazing author and learn a little self-control, reserve, and dignity.

It wouldn't hurt either one of them to just stay home for a change, Period. How about having friends over and just "chill out" instead of "going out" to clubs and such? Is that a possibility for them??

I've often wondered about that. Surely these people must own wonderful home entertainment devices and comfortable furniture? If anyone can entertain in style, it's the "Yorkies.":)

It wouldn't hurt either one of them to just stay home for a change, Period. How about having friends over and just "chill out" instead of "going out" to clubs and such? Is that a possibility for them??

They're both still very young, and therefore, they probably don't want to just stay at home (it's so boring to young people) ;)

* We enjoy hanging out with our friends and going out for 'going out sake' (don't ask) * :innocent:

You become in most cases what your parents teach you. I think both Yorks compensate the Princesses because of the divorce.

The girls should get out of the limelight, Like Prince William, because the economy is in a bad recession. I don't think English taxpayers want to pay for the York Princesses' body guards in bars every night.;)

When I was young, I didn't want to stay in every night, my parents however, vetted my friends and where we were going, as we did for our children. That is what is lacking in these girls lives, IMO, the firm guidance required.:flowers:

umm when was the last time we saw them out at a party? they are not going out EVERY night!

I'm 15 years old and I stay at home for reading a good book.
They can act their age but it just seems that they act like lunatics and reach to high. It's just because they have the title as princess but if it wasn't for the title they wouldn't be there where they are now.
I don't think they realize how priviliged they are compared to others.

No,the girls don't have to go out every night and get into mischief.But,I read something once that gives me pause;a celebrity once said that many,many pictures are taken of the famous while they are at an event/party. All of the pictures aren't shown at once,but are published as time passes,so it looks like all that person does is go to parties.
But it's the choices that these girls are making that looks bad...giving lap dances? That's a bit wild.
I didn't go put every night at that age,either.I had to study!

I don't think they go out every night...plus, isn't Eugenie on her gap year? So she doesn't have to study.

I don't think I've seen many new pictures of Beatrice out at night in the last month or so. :ermm:

They do seem extravagant and I'm sure it doesn't look good in the middle of a recession. I read about the amount of money Eugenie and her friends were spending on wine, and I think I've heard similar stories about Prince William. But I don't think it's really possible to appreciate the value of money until you pay for your own expenses out of money you've earned. I know I see money very differently now that I have to pay for my own rent, food, clothes, education, etc.! But the royals never really reach that point of having to earn money--it's always "there" for them--so I can see how Beatrice and Eugenie might not grasp how wasteful some of their activities seem to the general public.

Everything in moderation. Words to live by. For royalty, celebs and the general public.

Unfortunately, as wise as those words are, neither one of the York princesses can hear them, nor can many others for that matter. Kind of sad..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom