The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Well...if Eugenie decides to live in the dorms...we shall see if the security aspect (and cost) will be easier or harder than Beatrice.

I pity the roommate and the family. I am sure they are being screened with a fine tooth comb (and I am talking about Scotland Yard and the tabloids). All the secrets you had or never knew you had ready to be exposed.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh dear. Good luck. Those who are without sin and all that.....

Old 07-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

So Princess Eugenie is the Windsor-family brainbox (AAB at A-level!). She will therefore be gracing Newcastle University with the royal presence for the next three years, to no one's particular surprise.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Have Royals or Nobles ever went to Newcastle Before? why only 3 years?
Old 07-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think any royals have studied at Newcastle before. Three years is probably the set time for Eugenie's course, it can vary between 2 and 4 years, depending what she has chosen to study.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
This History major has to agree with rmay286 and Ella Kay--my major wasn't easy at all!
History would be great, but she is not studying History, it is history of art, which is entirely different and possibly not an option students in the US have.
Quote:
You learn how to understand, analyse and interpret different sources of information, form opinions based on critical judgement, formulate strong arguments and present information in an intelligent, coherent and balanced way.
As a friends daughter told us, it is fairly easy, you end up 'interpreting' everything, any way you want.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
History would be great, but she is not studying History, it is history of art, which is entirely different and possibly not an option students in the US have.
We students here in the United States do have the option at most colleges and universities to study History of Art.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Courtier

Yeah it's usually just called Art History...which is basically an art degree if you want to work in museums or auction houses, etc...
Old 07-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
As a friends daughter told us, it is fairly easy, you end up 'interpreting' everything, any way you want.
Usually the challenging part of interpretation assignments is that you have to back up your theories with evidence, so I'd guess there will be more to it than just expressing opinion.

Probably it will be the same with Eugenie as it is with all college students -- she'll get as much out of her education as she puts into it. Those who want to study hard and really educate themselves in an area come away with a stronger focus. Those who don't want to put as much effort into their studies don't learn as much. It's all up to the student, really.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 07-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Well said, Ella Kay, and so true. We shall see how much effort she puts into her studies....
Old 07-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

What an exciting time for Eugenie! I hope her 3 years at Newcastle will be fullfiling and fun!
Old 07-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Courtier

Why is it only 3 years?
Old 07-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

A bachelor's degree at most universities in Britain, I believe, takes three years to complete. Many choose to study for an additional fourth year and earn a master's degree -- I think that's what Prince William did.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 07-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Interesting, Ella Kay. Here in the USA, it usually takes 4 years to get one's bachelor's degree plus an additional 2 years to receive a Master's degree. Correct me if I am wrong again, anyone from USA universities...
Old 07-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nope that's true. 4 years for a bachelors and another 2 for a masters. If you decide to get a masters immediately after undergrad your gpa has to be a 3.5 or higher if not then you'll have to take the GMAT or GRE. You also have to take those tests as well if you decide to do grad school a few years after undergrad
Old 07-31-2009, 06:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

The English degree courses are very different from those anywhere else, so I am told, that is why places at the top universities are in short supply. There are also differences in Scotland, not least funding.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Courtier

Damn I wish we had that system here! 3 years for Bachelor's and then another year for Master's...that's what I need.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:51 AM
Heir Apparent

£96-a-week student digs for Eugenie (and her guards) | Mail Online (11/08/2009).
Old 08-13-2009, 04:07 AM
Aristocracy

More news on this story: Royal Examiner

I think it is nice that she is going in the dorms, she'll get to experience more of college that way - if that is even possible.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
Even though we will still be paying for unnecessary bodyguards, I do applaud her for trying to cut her costs, unlike her sister. Well done Eugenie.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like Eugenie. She seems smart & independent and like she has a mind of her own. She's not lead by the nose by her mum.

Closed Thread

Tags
princess eugenie