Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 3: March 2007-June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In candids she is quite pretty even without the airbrushing...she doesn't have that horsey face so common in that family.

As a fashion model, I can say that it shouldn't hurt her confidence in this situation: one knows before one poses that quite a bit will be done to the photographs before they are released. First of all, you don't look like yourself to begin with. Sure, you can be recognised as you, but when someone else has spent so much time on your hair and make-up (way, way more than you can tell) you don't feel like you look like yourself. ;) Then you know that a ton of stuff will be done to the photograph before it is published: that's not a shocker when it happens. No matter how natural a model's pic is it has been HUGELY altered. And that's what this photoshoot is: she is modeling high fashion for Tatler, even though she's giving an interview.

Even if they hadn't airbrushed it, she wouldn't look anything like herself. No matter how natural make-up and hair are made to look, they are the result of a ton of time and work to mostly cover up a person and leave simply the best features.

She looks really cute! She does look like her dad a lot!!!

I can't beleive the amount of weight thats been "shaved", so to speak, from her waist and arms. In real life she looks about a U.K. size 12 but in these she's at least an 8.

is the comparing photo an old one of her, she may have lost wieght recently. I love her hair!!

is the comparing photo an old one of her, she may have lost wieght recently. I love her hair!!

that is a photo in the dailymail article from summer 2006 on the royal family cruise.

Even if they hadn't airbrushed it, she wouldn't look anything like herself. No matter how natural make-up and hair are made to look, they are the result of a ton of time and work to mostly cover up a person and leave simply the best features.
:ROFLMAO: This article demonstrates your point, perfectly!

No lipstick required: Julia Roberts and Sharon Osbourne venture out without their make-up | the Daily Mail

I don't think Beatrice has lost weight, she has just been 'remodeled' for this photoshoot. What I can't understand is why they feel the need to 'sell' themselves in a magazine. I am glad she feels safe traveling on the tube, but who wouldn't with a couple of bodyguards!

Here are some more comparisons between "natural look" and "dressed-up look" of celebrities (text is unfortunately in German, but the pics (77!) are self-explainable...)

I liked your comment about travelling the tube with bodyguards. LOL!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Judging from the pics from the christmas service, Eugenie has just the right weight - why Tatler felt they had to turn her into such a super-slim girl is beyond me. Okay, she is not a model but got the cover because of who she is, but then they should take her as she is.

welt.de - Bildergalerie

Last edited by a moderator:
I get that all the cover girls on magazines are airbrushed and I don’t expect Eugenie’s photograph to be any different but I hate that they slimmed her down so much. She is a healthy looking 18 year old girl; it is a shame they couldn’t allow that on their cover. I think this whole size zero craze is getting out of all control.

She looks great and strange. I know her (like many here) as chuby girl but on Tatler she looks like not her. To thin and affected like plastic doll...

That's just awful lot of airbrushing, she looked gaunt in the photos. And i thought the makeup was heavy handed.

I wish the editors hadn't been so heavy handed with the airbrushing! Her head does look to big for her body. It almost looks as if her head was photoshopped onto someone ele's body.

Cat

History of Art is not an A level course. Some of the many available are Art - Performance & Media, Business Studies, Computing & IT, English & other languages, Technology, Humanities, Science & Maths. :flowers:

Sorry to correct, I have an A-Level in History of Art, from one of Britain's minor public schools. This places academic, scientific, historical obviously, demands upon the candidate, with a real aptitude for memorising dates, periods, movements and important historical events.

Thanks for the link with the new pics of the birthday girl, Beck :)

With that skiing outfit, the sun glasses and the bandeau Eugenie reminds
me so much of the cute little girl she has been, not like the fashion
girl who greeted us from the Tatler cover ;) Nice to see her there with
her family, celebrating her birthday like that. But a big party will surely
follow..;)

wow..eugenie seems really down to earth..i hope she had a wonderful birthdayy..i still cant believe shes 18 now!!!

Princess Eugenie looks set to follow in her older sister's footsteps by pursuing a career in the art world.
The 18-year-old daughter of the Duke and Duchess of York is studying at Marlborough College and is considering going to art school instead of university when she completes her A-levels later this year

Talented Eugenie set to follow sister Beatrice's artistic ambitions | the Daily Mail

The pictures in this article show just how airbrushed the Tatler photo's were! :cool:

Has Anyone Ever Heard This???

I was out with a bunch of people over this weekend and somehow the conversation turned to British Royalty (The Queen had been showing on one of the pay channels). After the usual discussion about Charles & Camilla & Di and the whole Wales clan, a woman said her mother had been "good friends" with Pss. Eugenie's grandmother. Myself and another woman who were the most interested (and in touch, imo) royalphiles there, got all excited and assumed she meant Sarah's late mother. When we started asking her about it she said no, she meant Lynn Wyatt - a Texas socialite. Huh? She went on quite convincingly that Pss E. isn't the biological child of Prince Andrew but the child of Steve Wyatt who began an affair w Sarah shortly after she gave birth to Pss. Beatrice. This woman - who supposedly is from some influential NY family - said "everyone" knows this but it's "not discussed". She said the resemblence between Lynn W and Pss E is "remarkable and obvious" and when we said No Way she said to google pics of Lynn Wyatt as a young women and we'd see for ourselves. I just chalk it up to stupid gossip (like the Harry and Hewitt paternity rumor) but a few ppl I've asked about this have said they've heard it and wouldn't doubt it. Have I been in a cave or something these past 18 years?

I have read on more than one occasion that Sarah was already pregnant with Eugenie when she was first introduced to Steve Wyatt by his mother. That makes Wyatt being Eugenie's father a little impossible.

Have I been in a cave or something these past 18 years?
I wouldn't doubt it either. You haven't been in a cave (well I hope not), but Beatrice and Eugenie are not exactly top news are they, so who their father might be, is not 'hot news'.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling that the Queen might disagree with that.

I have read on more than one occasion that Sarah was already pregnant with Eugenie when she was first introduced to Steve Wyatt by his mother. That makes Wyatt being Eugenie's father a little impossible.

Not to mention, I did google pictures of Lynn Wyatt and I can't see any resemblance to Eugenie.

Then again, I can't see much resemblance between Harry and Hewitt either, but I have to admit there's more resemblance between those to than Lynn Wyatt and Eugenie.

I know Sarah had an affair but I also thought it was while she was pregnant with Eugenie, not before. Furthermore I think Eugenie looks a lot like Andrew. It's really noticeable to me.

Not to mention, I did google pictures of Lynn Wyatt and I can't see any resemblance to Eugenie.
I also googled pictures of Lynn Wyatt and have to say, I can see why there are such rumours, especially based on the airbrushed Eugenie. :eek: :flowers:

I can not see the likeness between the real life Princess Eugine and Ms. Lynn Wyatt. However, I have to agree with Skydragon that the airbrushed version of Princess Eugine bears little resemblance to the aforementioned lady. I am curious why this gossip has appeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom