The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Yet another example of one of the York girls behaving like juveniles, and insensitive ones as well. Hardly exemplary action on Eugenie's part. It most definately is time for someone to step in and confront them and to put a stop to all this nonsense!

Old 01-25-2009, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Different nightclubs and drinks almost night by night... I know that both girls are of age but they parents should do something.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Serene Highness

And that should be her parents. Not us. It just seems dat Sarah wants to be their cool mum and best friend but with two daughters acting like fools she should step in.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:02 AM
Gentry

The Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York do not seem to have provided much in the way of restraint or guidance to their daughters which seems strange given the particularly unkind media attention the young princesses have been receiving for some time [particularly the elder Princess Beatrice]. They seem a very self-congratulatory family to me. This is just my opinion.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:05 AM
Heir Apparent

They should have employed a good governess for the girls instead of sending them to schools where they were taught obviously nothing about good manners.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

What the York girls don't seem to grasp is that no amount of positive PR from charity events undo the damage done by their night-time social activities. No one expects these young sociable women to stay home reading Jane Austen novels (although they certainly wouldn't hurt), but it would be nice to see fewer occasions of them being totally self-indulgent.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
What the York girls don't seem to grasp is that no amount of positive PR from charity events undo the damage done by their night-time social activities. No one expects these young sociable women to stay home reading Jane Austen novels (althought they certainly wouldn't hurt), but it would be nice to see fewer occasions of them being totally self-indulgent.
I stayed home reading Jane Austen! Truly, I did. Even now, when I need to de-stress about something, out comes a Jane Austen book. I agree--it wouldn't hurt either of them to devote some time to this amazing author and learn a little self-control, reserve, and dignity.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 01-28-2009, 12:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Good for you, Janet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
I stayed home reading Jane Austen! Truly, I did.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Heir Apparent

It wouldn't hurt either one of them to just stay home for a change, Period. How about having friends over and just "chill out" instead of "going out" to clubs and such? Is that a possibility for them??
Old 01-28-2009, 01:24 AM
Heir Apparent

I've often wondered about that. Surely these people must own wonderful home entertainment devices and comfortable furniture? If anyone can entertain in style, it's the "Yorkies."

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
It wouldn't hurt either one of them to just stay home for a change, Period. How about having friends over and just "chill out" instead of "going out" to clubs and such? Is that a possibility for them??
Old 01-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
They're both still very young, and therefore, they probably don't want to just stay at home (it's so boring to young people)

* We enjoy hanging out with our friends and going out for 'going out sake' (don't ask) *
Old 01-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Royal Highness

You become in most cases what your parents teach you. I think both Yorks compensate the Princesses because of the divorce.

The girls should get out of the limelight, Like Prince William, because the economy is in a bad recession. I don't think English taxpayers want to pay for the York Princesses' body guards in bars every night.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

When I was young, I didn't want to stay in every night, my parents however, vetted my friends and where we were going, as we did for our children. That is what is lacking in these girls lives, IMO, the firm guidance required.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Courtier

umm when was the last time we saw them out at a party? they are not going out EVERY night!
Old 01-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_windsor View Post
umm when was the last time we saw them out at a party? they are not going out EVERY night!
Perhaps not every night but far too often.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:14 PM
Serene Highness

I'm 15 years old and I stay at home for reading a good book.
They can act their age but it just seems that they act like lunatics and reach to high. It's just because they have the title as princess but if it wasn't for the title they wouldn't be there where they are now.
I don't think they realize how priviliged they are compared to others.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Aristocracy

No,the girls don't have to go out every night and get into mischief.But,I read something once that gives me pause;a celebrity once said that many,many pictures are taken of the famous while they are at an event/party. All of the pictures aren't shown at once,but are published as time passes,so it looks like all that person does is go to parties.
But it's the choices that these girls are making that looks bad...giving lap dances? That's a bit wild.
I didn't go put every night at that age,either.I had to study!
Old 01-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Courtier

I don't think they go out every night...plus, isn't Eugenie on her gap year? So she doesn't have to study.

I don't think I've seen many new pictures of Beatrice out at night in the last month or so.

They do seem extravagant and I'm sure it doesn't look good in the middle of a recession. I read about the amount of money Eugenie and her friends were spending on wine, and I think I've heard similar stories about Prince William. But I don't think it's really possible to appreciate the value of money until you pay for your own expenses out of money you've earned. I know I see money very differently now that I have to pay for my own rent, food, clothes, education, etc.! But the royals never really reach that point of having to earn money--it's always "there" for them--so I can see how Beatrice and Eugenie might not grasp how wasteful some of their activities seem to the general public.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Serene Highness

Everything in moderation. Words to live by. For royalty, celebs and the general public.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Unfortunately, as wise as those words are, neither one of the York princesses can hear them, nor can many others for that matter. Kind of sad..

Tags
princess eugenie