The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the pictures. Truly nice look. However, on pic 1 (at least) she looks a bit, well, spacy ... at least to me. Wonder why she can't walk alone without a hand pulling her .

Old 01-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Aristocracy

Many pictures of people being photographed leaving nightclubs will show them having a guiding hand. This is not necessarily for any negative reason. Imagine leaving a dark room and then having literally dozens of bright flashes go off in your face. Think about the pictures where you get a view of all the cameras- they are usually right on top of the person, and there are a ton of them. And those are no normal camera flashes, either: they are professional flash bulbs which are huge and very bright.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:58 AM
Heir Apparent

..... thats certainly an explanation, contrary though it may be to the popularly held view why some might need a little assistance when exiting a night club!
Old 01-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Aristocracy

according to London Lite...Princess Eugenie failed her driving theory test yesterday.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
Many pictures of people being photographed leaving nightclubs will show them having a guiding hand. This is not necessarily for any negative reason. Imagine leaving a dark room and then having literally dozens of bright flashes go off in your face. Think about the pictures where you get a view of all the cameras- they are usually right on top of the person, and there are a ton of them. And those are no normal camera flashes, either: they are professional flash bulbs which are huge and very bright.
Thanks, HGHD. Did not think of this
Old 01-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck View Post
according to London Lite...Princess Eugenie failed her driving theory test yesterday.
Is the article online, Beck? I can't find a link.

If true, these York princesses certainly are having car issues of late...

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 01-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

What is "driving theory"? I thought you either drove, or you didn't.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
What is "driving theory"? I thought you either drove, or you didn't.
Here you have to pass your theory test before you can take the practicle!
Old 01-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Same in the US -- there's a required written test that you must pass before you can take the road test.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 01-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
Same in the US -- there's a required written test that you must pass before you can take the road test.
Nothing as hard as writing! They have a choice of three answers to each question and have to tick the appropriate box!

Practice Theory tests
Old 01-25-2009, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

A new article about Eugenie

Princess Eugenie pays a £200 visit to pole dancing club... and almost gets on stage
Old 01-25-2009, 05:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

That must have been an interesting evening for her security officer, up to all those hours and then watching what I think is very inappropriate behaviour for a royal princess, even though they are quick to say that she didn´t take her clothes off, but then she has been in the news for that.
Did anyone notice the next story? Chelsy and Harry have broken up!
Old 01-25-2009, 08:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yet more inappropriate behaviour from one of the York girls.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Royal Highness

It's part of getting to know how the other half lives. After all, patrons to gentlemen's clubs are part of her grandmother's subjects. She may have to shake their hands on a future engagement. Since the writer didn't make a point of how cold Eugenie looked, it must have been a file photo the Daily Mail used in the web edition. This is a documented faux pas for a young royal to walk around London streets in a miniskirt and no coat.

Did I mention she looked good in the photo? Minus the shivering.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness

Is it that hard for the York girls to behave theirselves?
They should really start doing something usefull with their lives. I'm sorry that I might be a bit harsh on them but I can't take any British royal very serious and especially the Yorks.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's another article in French about Eugenie's last night out,
but I'm more interested in the first of the two photos, that are
included. I'm not sure if it's a new one or one from last year,
is there anyone who knows if we've seen something similar
before?!

La princesse Eugenie se met... au lap dance !
Old 01-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the links, Ice. I think this is shameful behavior. I've always been in support of the York girls being young and going out having some fun w their friends like ordinary girls their age (Yes, I know, they're not ordinary, but still . . .) but there is such a thing as crossing the line of good taste and decency and this, imo, crosses it. I recall years ago an interview w Sarah when she was a single parent saying something along the lines of while she wants her daughters to have as normal a life as possible, she's constantly reminding them of who they are and the responsibilities they have because of it. She said she reminds them they're always being watched and scrutinized and they'll always have to live with that and they need to always be on their best behavior, at least publically. Seems these two have forgotten all that.

Also, I think it's in very bad taste for this teenager to be ording hundreds of dollars worth of alcohol when the country is being slammed w a debilitating economic crunch and people are finding it hard to feed their families. Again, poor judgement!
Old 01-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Royal Highness

Sixth in line to the throne and wanting to hop on a pole for a little dance. This is truly horrible. There is a distinct difference between enjoying youthful activities with your friends and then this type of willful, spoiled, indulgent, and tacky behavior. I am surprised that between her and her sister that Sarah and Andrew haven't put more of a firm reign on them and their shennanigans. I know that Sarah wanted them to have as normal a life as possible, while not forgetting who they were--but they're behaving like the equivalent of Paris Hilton and the young celebrities here in the US. Eugenie in this last story, I just cannot believe it.
AND, with the economy and situations like they are for people it is more than a little insensitive to be spending hundreds of pounds on alcohol. Her family needs to step in and set some boundaries for her.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 01-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Courtier

Remember Eugenie dancing naked at her school last year? Obviously she learned nothing back then and obviously her mother's word went in and out ... hopeless cases these York girls. I'd recommend a social year to her in order to really learn something!
Old 01-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, I def. remember that report. At the time I figured, "nah, she wouldn't do something as foolish as that, not someone in her position - she was probably just there." But now I'm not so sure. At least, however that wasn't out in the general public, not that I'm condoning that behavior.

Tags
princess eugenie