The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Courtier

I`m trying to remember on who I saw with those tights, I know that it was some celebrity, and I think it was Taylor momsen but I can't find the picture!

Old 04-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Dave and the other guy looked dressed-down as well. Perhaps it was a theme party. I hope that it was a theme party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Oh my.
Well at least we have Dave, the ever smiling Stepford consort looking good. . . .

Old 04-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
I`m trying to remember on who I saw with those tights, I know that it was some celebrity, and I think it was Taylor momsen but I can't find the picture!
There's a wide range from Madonna the Queen of Pop to Britney Spears, next Queen of pop and Queen Latifa or Prince. All of them remarkable, well-respected royals!
Old 04-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
There's a wide range from Madonna the Queen of Pop to Britney Spears, next Queen of pop and Queen Latifa or Prince. All of them remarkable, well-respected royals!
I meant a young celebrity
Old 04-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
This the one you meant M?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Pr0PN2d9kx...msen-decem.jpg
Old 04-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Serene Highness

Ok so she's young and she's going to make mistakes. And that outfit was one of them. Horrors!
Old 04-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Courtier

Nope they were exactly as the ones that Eugenie is wearing, tomorrow I will try to find the photo.
I'm very into fashion and I think that I have seen those tights commented on some blog, but I can't remember
Old 04-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

My gosh, hopefully this is just a phase they are going through.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Were Eug's "leggings" in the Dominatrix aisle at Wal-Mart??

Not likely. I stand by my original assertion; nothing is hanging out and you can't see her underwear.

File this under "hardly a big deal".
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Not likely. I stand by my original assertion; nothing is hanging out and you can't see her underwear.

File this under "hardly a big deal".
Oh I know it's no big deal to you though there are some of us old foggies who actually enjoy looking at a Princess who dresses lovely, a la Grace Kelly. *sigh*
Ah! Well. . . .
Old 04-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Oh I know it's no big deal to you though there are some of us old foggies who actually enjoy looking at a Princess who dresses lovely, a la Grace Kelly. *sigh*
Ah! Well. . . .

I never said that I didn't like when women in general (not just princesses) dress like Grace Kelly. However Eugenie wasn't at a royal function or some other gala, she was going out to a bar with friends. I hardly expect her to wear an evening gown and opera gloves. She dressed like girls her age dress when going out with friends. While we don't have royalty over here, I do like to think that they can be normal, every day people at least once in a while. It's not like she wears that to the Trooping of the Colors every year.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-20-2010, 12:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
What a total mess - doesn't Eugenie feel embarrassed?!
Probably not, because she's twenty. When she's thirty, maybe she'll look back and be embarrassed!

I think Eugenie is just dressing like her peers. Princesses dressed in a more lady-like way years ago, but so did the rest of female society. Sixty years ago, Princess Margaret dressed in flowing dresses, but if she was young in 2010 I bet she'd be dressed just like Eugenie. By the way, in answer to the question about the celebrity wearing the same tights, The Daily Mail had a picture of Lily Allen wearing very similar ones.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:41 AM
Aristocracy

in my opinion,the Princess Eugenie looks just fine!! very trendy young woman. I dont get it why people have to mock them for the fasihion all the time! They dont looks so boring as many others!
Old 04-20-2010, 04:51 AM
Nobility

Exactly. She's only twenty and of course she looks different than other (much older) princesses. Plus she's wearing those dresses in her freetime. Since she doesn't have many official engagements we don't often see her in more formal clothes, but in my opinion she looks more "normal" then. But still, she can't dress like a 35-year old.

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 04-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I never said that I didn't like when women in general (not just princesses) dress like Grace Kelly. However Eugenie wasn't at a royal function or some other gala, she was going out to a bar with friends. I hardly expect her to wear an evening gown and opera gloves. She dressed like girls her age dress when going out with friends. While we don't have royalty over here, I do like to think that they can be normal, every day people at least once in a while. It's not like she wears that to the Trooping of the Colors every year.
One is reminded of Princess Diana on her last tour to Angola: casual, yet so very elegant.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
Sixty years ago, Princess Margaret dressed in flowing dresses, but if she was young in 2010 I bet she'd be dressed just like Eugenie. By the way, in answer to the question about the celebrity wearing the same tights, The Daily Mail had a picture of Lily Allen wearing very similar ones.
I saw the picture of Lily Allen wearing this outfit and I thought she looked dreadful, the idea of a HRH wearing the same is just too much. You say you bet Princess Margaret, being young in 2010, would wear the same, don´t fool yourself, Princess Margaret was very much aware of her royal status and always looked impeccable. She had fun but was always dressed in a dignified manner.
Royal princesses are never off duty, they are born royal and that is that.
If they want to be ordinary people and wear these very common looking outfits they had better give up their titles and perks as soon as possible.
Then they could always wear these strange get ups behind the high walls of one of the castles and no one would know a thing about it and then when appearing in public dress appropriately.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Courtier

I've found that they are designed by House of Holland. If you go this web and click on shop and then tights you will find the same ones that Eugenie is wearing.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I saw the picture of Lily Allen wearing this outfit and I thought she looked dreadful, the idea of a HRH wearing the same is just too much. You say you bet Princess Margaret, being young in 2010, would wear the same, don´t fool yourself, Princess Margaret was very much aware of her royal status and always looked impeccable. She had fun but was always dressed in a dignified manner.
Royal princesses are never off duty, they are born royal and that is that.
If they want to be ordinary people and wear these very common looking outfits they had better give up their titles and perks as soon as possible.
Then they could always wear these strange get ups behind the high walls of one of the castles and no one would know a thing about it and then when appearing in public dress appropriately.
I don't like the tights and I'd never wear something like that, but I don't mind that Eugenie did. I think princesses should be aware of their role, and I'd be bothered if I heard Eugenie was doing drugs/getting into brawls in her free time, but I guess I don't see clothing choice to be as much of an issue as bad behaviour. (Within reason...sometimes Beatrice and/or Eugenie wear things that I find too revealing.) But the tights don't bother me.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:57 PM
Administrator

I don't think its the tights as it is the garter belt.

I don't have a problem with Beatrice and Eugenie with being young and experimenting (within reason of course). But they do need to remember who they are...royal princesses ALWAYS...and somethings are better left unsaid (and unworn). Why bring unecessary attention to yourself? Again...if you are at a private party but considering how many people are talking about you, the money that is being used to protect you, etc...I would think one would want to hide under the radar so to speak.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Courtier

I agree with you Zonk, they are royal princesses all the time, they do not have time off and I am afraid they are showing a thorough lack of judgement.
Off duty did someone say? They are never off duty, a bit of good sense would do those girls some good. Wasn´t she the one prancing about in the nude at her school? Well we could say that was in a private environment but someone saw and told.
I sometimes think the Queen must despair, or perhaps HM has no idea about these things and the ring of protective courtiers keep these little details from her and cut out the pictures from her newspapers. LOL:

Tags
princess eugenie