The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Were these pictures taken in London? I'm impressed that they aren't freezing.
I think they're still in California after attending the Young Victoria premiere earlier this week.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 12-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks, Ella Kay. Good to know that, I really would have felt sympathy for them otherwise.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:01 AM
Majesty

Personally I don't believe that any off duty pictures should be published as they only encourage the paparazzi types.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:40 AM
Aristocracy

I totally agree with you Bertie! I do wish the 'Paps' would lay off a bit...it is almost as though we are back to pre-Alma tunnel times on occasion these days!

'I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.'
Old 12-13-2009, 01:02 AM
Majesty

As long as people buy the magazines and papers then the owners of these magazines and papers will continue buying the photos from the paps.

This is why I believe Diana's fans are responsible for her death - not just the paparazzi who chased her, and the drunk driver and incompetant security that night, but also those who would have bought the magazines and papers with those photos.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

The paps are hounds. I agree these were "off gurad" photos, and unbecoming, none the less.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think it would be hard to look stylish every single time one walks out of his or her house. And it did look ealry in the morning in those pictures.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's a nice little gallery of pics of Eugenie after the Nutcracker
event on December 16 (see Beatrice's current events thread):

Princess Eugenie greets singer Will Young outside the St Martins Lane
hotel in London. They had attended the VIP reception to launch the
English National Ballet Christmas season ahead of the performance of '
The Nutcracker'.

** zimbio **
Old 02-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Gentry

Princess Eugenie reportedly seeing Richard Branson's polo-player nephew - hellomagazine.com
Old 02-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a lovely photo of Eugenie... smiling, fresh-faced, and looking truly happy. She needs to look like this more often. :)
Old 03-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice attend the launch of
The Elephant Parade on March 23, 2010 in London, England.

What a difference those shoes make..

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 03-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Courtier

Richard Kay 24 March 2010 | Mail Online

Eugenie went bowling with her friends and Beatrice, Andrew and Sarah for her birthday. Apparently it was a fifties-themed event.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator

Another birthday celebration followed The Elephant Parade's event
last night: Eugenie celebrated together with Sarah, Beatrice and
Dave at the Zuma restaurant, London, Britain - March 23, 2010:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** Birthday girl Princess Eugenie has a SECOND party night as she turns 20 **

Princess Eugenie leaving a hotel in central London, March 24, 2010:

** Pic ** belga **
Old 04-05-2010, 06:36 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Eugenie hates being a Royal, says Beatrice (who agrees it can be a bit of a chore)

Quote:
Most little girls dream of being a princess.

But Prince Andrew's eldest daughter, Beatrice, claims the job isn't as much of a fairy tale as some might think.

And she admits her younger sister, Eugenie, is a reluctant royal who hates the scrutiny that comes with her title.
Princess Eugenie the reluctant royal, by her big sis Beatrice | Mail Online
Old 04-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

It says the page is no longer available. Think the palace ordered a retract??
Old 04-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Serene Highness

I was going to throw in my two cents~born into wealth and privilege, when a lot of people are going through terrible times~and this Princess is complaining??
Old 04-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Nobility

I read the article yesterday and while I couldn't find a way around the delete, I did find an article that uses a great chunk of the text.

Quote:
MOST girls dream of being a princess. But Prince Andrew's eldest daughter, Beatrice, claims the job isn't as much of a fairytale as some might think. And she says her younger sister, Eugenie, is a reluctant royal who hates the scrutiny that comes with her title.
Despite the privileges the pair enjoy, such as palatial residences, luxury holidays and round-the-clock police protection, 20-year-old Eugenie would apparently give it all up tomorrow.
Beatrice, 21, said: "I think if Eugenie could have any other life than the one she currently has, she'd definitely choose one without cameras, without photographers and generally one where she could blend into the background.
"We were born into this life and we understand that, but it is a little difficult at times.
"I think Eugenie feels a little hounded when she's forced to pose for pictures and she's really just wanting to have a privately fun time.

"Sometimes the interest is such that it becomes too intense and people have said some nasty things about us."
In recent years, both have been criticised for their love of parties and frequent foreign travel, the security for which is estimated to cost taxpayers more than 500,000 a year.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

Could I have some cheese with that whine, please?
Old 04-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Commoner

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
It says the page is no longer available. Think the palace ordered a retract??
I think you might be on to something! I did read the article when it was available on the site and thought it was a strange one to appear. I was drawn to it because it said "by big sis Beatrice" and yet Beatrice didn't write it, she only supposedly added the odd comment or two. And Beatrice didn't say Eugenie "hated" being a royal but accepts it. What Beatrice meant was Eugenie dislikes the lack of privacy that comes with being a member of the Royal Family & the negativity that often pointed their way.

Personally I think this story is inaccurate in many ways. For starters it seems odd of Beatrice to comment so publicly about such a topic. She doesn't seem to comment or do interviews unless she is promoting something or it is an important occasion. Secondly it doesn't say in what context Beatrice allegedly made these comments. I could only find "Beatrice said". It didn't exclusively say "in an interview with the Daily Mail". If she said it why didn't the other tabloids pick up on it? I can only imagine what angle they would have spun on it!

I definitely think this article is deliberately "no longer available."
Old 04-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Courtier

I read the article too before it got taken down and thought it was odd. You're right, it gave no context for Beatrice's comments. It did say: "speaking exclusively to the Daily Mail, Beatrice said..." (She just said that Eugenie would like more privacy, she definitely did not say Eugenie "hated" being royal.) When I saw the article, I thought that maybe a Daily Mail reporter had spoken to Beatrice "undercover" (ie. Beatrice didn't know she was speaking to a reporter). So I wasn't surprised when I saw the article wasn't up anymore. Someone at the palace, maybe Beatrice herself, probably read it and questioned it.

I don't think Beatrice was "whining" at all. Somebody just prompted her to share her feelings about being royal, and she was honest. I'm sure all the royals would like more privacy at some time or other. That's much different from publicly "whining" about it, and I don't think Beatrice was doing that here.

(Also, can you imagine what the headlines would have been like if Beatrice had said "oh I love the fact that being royal gives me all this free publicity and I'm happy to be in the spotlight"!)

Tags
princess eugenie