The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Royal Highness

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to find that Eugenie will be living in the dorms, and impressed. She seems more down to earth than her sister--and more cost effective, might I add. I know that the cost of the guards is high, but, I am really surprised that she doesn't want a grace and favor residence that has been refurbished (like her sister)---she seems to be quite ready to embrace the college experience. I loved dorm living, I hope she will, too.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 08-15-2009, 02:06 AM
Serene Highness

I think living in the dorms will get Eugenie more positive press for a while, so it was definitely a smart PR move on her part. And she probably really wants to live the life of a normal student for a while. That being said, the bodyguard-in-the-flat situation is still going to make things awkward, but there's probably not much she can do about that.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Courtier

So, Princess Eugenie, feeling Jaded?

Quote:
Given Jade Jagger’s reputation for hard partying, it is hard to imagine that Princess Eugenie’s parents will approve of their daughter going clubbing with her on the hedonistic island of Ibiza last week.
Eugenie was out having fun with 37-year-old Jade at the Boujis Ibiza club night at El Chiringuito in Es Cavallet ahead of her first term studying English and History of Art at Newcastle University.

‘She was seriously enjoying herself,’ says a source.
Katie Nicholl was really having a field day - no less than 5 articles on the British Royal Family in one day! And of course, her favourite victims are the Yorks, as usual.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 10.9.2009

Princess Eugenie attended a party at Tods shop, London,
together with Princess Beatrice and her boyfriend Dave
yesterday, September 10, 2009. Eugenie looked good and
grown-up, whereas Beatrice wasn't that ready for the pics
taken

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 09-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, Eugenie looks like the older sister here.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Courtesy of Belga.

Princess Eugenie will this week leave behind her royal comforts for a 96-a-week room in a hall of residence at Newcastle University (22/09/2009).

http://i33.tinypic.com/2i0rwvq.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/1z3paw0.jpg

BelgaPicture - Category details
Old 09-24-2009, 07:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen's 19-year-old granddaughter smiled as she walked into the Armstrong Building at Newcastle University in front of the cameras, flanked by a blonde friend.
When reporters welcomed her to Newcastle and asked why she chose the university, she replied: ''It's a great city.''

Princess Eugenie starts at Newcastle University - Telegraph
Old 09-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Eugenie in college already? Time flies fast... I hope she enjoys her 3 years in Newcastle. I wonder who her lucky roommate is.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

How nice to see her on her big day and share a bit of her
joy and excitement, just like we've seen Bea on her first
day..

Here are some more pics:

HRH Princess Eugenie arrives for her first day at Newcastle University
where she is studying English and History of Art on September 24, 2009
in Newcastle upon Tyne, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages **

The first pic in the article is also very nice:

University challenge: Princess Eugenie has a friend to hold her hand on her first day as a fresher at Newcastle University
Old 09-24-2009, 11:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Thats a beautiful picture in the article.
I am incredible glad that she is going to a university away from London and staying in student accomodation.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Tyne | Princess begins university life

You can a short video of her walking and saying the city is great. She seems quite tiny actually and has a friendly voice. She seems to be smiling a lot, I've never seen her smile so much. And I can see a resemblance between her and Bea now. Her hair is finally starting to grow out again and looks quite pretty now.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Eugenie in college already? Time flies fast... I hope she enjoys her 3 years in Newcastle. I wonder who her lucky roommate is.
From reading the accomodation brochure
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/accommodation/a...ommodation.pdf

I am under the impression that the rooms are single either with washbasin or en suite and looking at the price that Eugenie is supposed to be paying she would appear to be in a single with ensuite in the middle range but could actually have to share a bathroom in some of the halls.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
BBC NEWS | UK | England | Tyne | Princess begins university life

You can a short video of her walking and saying the city is great. She seems quite tiny actually and has a friendly voice. She seems to be smiling a lot, I've never seen her smile so much. And I can see a resemblance between her and Bea now. Her hair is finally starting to grow out again and looks quite pretty now.

I agree, Eugenie looks pretty. I also feel like she looks like the Queen Mother.

About her voice, it's interesting how different Eugenie and Beatrice's voices are. Eugenie has a deeper voice, like Sarah's, while Beatrice's voice is very high and feminine, like the Queen's. It's like their hair colours, only reversed--one trait from each side of the family.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Student chic for Princess Eugenie as she begins university life in Newcastle - hellomagazine.com (25/09/2009).
Old 09-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Eugenie has made a good choice coming to Newcastle. I studied in Durham and went regularly up the road to Newcastle because it's such a cool place.
Newcastle used to be a by-word for violence and danger, but my, how it has changed!
Old 09-25-2009, 01:11 PM

In my time there was no such thing as a gap year, but quite often young girls were off to what was called a finishing school in Switzerland, most of them had pretty fluent French when they came back.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I agree, Eugenie looks pretty. I also feel like she looks like the Queen Mother.
Agreed -- it's the eyes and the eyebrows, I think.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 09-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Obviously Eugenie has had a very good start - it ended in
a night out :

Princess Eugenie is picked up from the Perda nightclub in
Newcastle after her first night out in the city of Newcastle,
September 24, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 09-27-2009, 05:00 AM
Heir Apparent

that is great for eugenie, i'm sure she will enjoy her time at university. she seems really down to earth in her choices! i wonder if the photo opportunity was organized so that she will get some peace to start university like any other student?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-13-2009, 02:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

I do hope the press leaves her alone to pursue her studies just like they gave Prince William some privacy at university.

Tags
princess eugenie