The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 07:13 AM
Courtier

If the Mail has got this right, I hope that she will refuse, it would create a very bad impression and lately Princess Eugenie has come in for a lot of IMO unjustified criticism.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:06 AM
Administrator

The Mail has asked the question in the headline then answered it in the second paragraph.
No, she won't be appearing in the TV show. It's a media creation non-story.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Princess Eugenie’s pals are urging her to join them in a reality TV show based on the US hit The Hills, which follows the lives of spoilt, rich teenagers

Will Princess Eugenie take to The Hills on TV? | Mail Online
Maybe Maybe we can hope. It says she will probably turn it down. No for certain answer.
x
Old 06-17-2009, 07:38 AM
Commoner

Has it been confirmed where Eugenie will be attending university in the fall - has she decided on Williams College in Massachusetts?
Old 06-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by emac0914 View Post
Has it been confirmed where Eugenie will be attending university in the fall - has she decided on Williams College in Massachusetts?
I didn't know she was thinking about the States. I thought it was Uni in the UK?
Old 06-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

At one time Beatrice was making noises about coming to school in the U.S., allegedly.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, she was, supposedly thinking about doing her college studies here in the U.S. However, it was determined that her Daddy, Pr.Andrew would not have allowed it, so that rumor was squashed immediately.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I didn't know she was thinking about the States. I thought it was Uni in the UK?
Isn't it usually the university that makes the offer to the student? I wonder how many offers she got.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Courtier

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mandrake/5588191/Princess-Eugenie-is-out-of-Africa.html
Old 06-21-2009, 02:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Is Prince Andrew an overly protective Dad that he does not want his daughters coming to the US for college or is it more for security reasons? And isn't Sarah in New York pretty often that she can make sure that they are ok and adjusting well? I mean Massachusetts isn't that far from NY
Old 06-21-2009, 03:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Is Prince Andrew an overly protective Dad that he does not want his daughters coming to the US for college or is it more for security reasons? And isn't Sarah in New York pretty often that she can make sure that they are ok and adjusting well? I mean Massachusetts isn't that far from NY

The Queen might also have the view that it doesn't reflect well on the British education system if one of her grandchildren studies there permanently.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

From the article -
Quote:
"I am going to be helping to teach English and art to young girls who have previously been abused,
Wonderful but why is it costing the UK £110,000 for protection officers? How many students to teach would that have supplied?
Old 06-21-2009, 05:29 AM
Courtier

I wonder who, if anyone, advises these young princesses. They just don´t seem to get anything quite right.
Perhaps they do get advice it is just that they decide not to take it and go their own way.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I wonder who, if anyone, advises these young princesses. They just don´t seem to get anything quite right.
Perhaps they do get advice it is just that they decide not to take it and go their own way.
I think they have the entire royal family giving them advice. They also have past mistakes to learn from. But I think as you say it is up to the girls how they use this advice :)
Old 06-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Courtier

Courtesy of Pure People(Abaca).

http://www.purepeople.com/article/la-princesse-eugenie-d-york-toute-son-admiration-pour-sa-grand-mere-la-reine-en-une-reverence-etonnante_a33951/1

"La princesse Eugenie d'York : toute son admiration pour sa grand-mère la reine... en une révérence étonnante !"

A photogallery.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The Queen might also have the view that it doesn't reflect well on the British education system if one of her grandchildren studies there permanently.
But there's been royals who have studied abroad once they've finished high school. Like Frederick, Victoria and wasn't Naruhito educated abroad when he was in high school and college?
Old 06-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Even CP Haakon studied in the U.S., and Prince Albert of Monaco.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
But there's been royals who have studied abroad once they've finished high school. Like Frederick, Victoria and wasn't Naruhito educated abroad when he was in high school and college?

I used the word 'permanently' for a reason.

Going to study after having done the undergraduate course in Britain is one thing but to reject the mainstream of the British system for an overseas undergraduate education could be seen as a reflection on the local system.

The British aren't the same as the European royals. They do things differently.

The Queen sent her own sons to school in Australia (Charles) and Canada (Andrew) along with postgraduate work in New Zealand (Edward) so she isn't obviously against overseas education but for the entire course I think she would prefer her descendents to support their own nation's institutions.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The Queen sent her own sons to school in Australia (Charles) and Canada (Andrew) along with postgraduate work in New Zealand (Edward) so she isn't obviously against overseas education but for the entire course I think she would prefer her descendents to support their own nation's institutions.
The Queen is maybe not against overseas education as long as it stays in the Commonwealth. Lets not forget, as you said, that Charles, Edward and Andrew all studied in English-speaking countries among the Commonwealth realms.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalps09 View Post
The Queen is maybe not against overseas education as long as it stays in the Commonwealth. Lets not forget, as you said, that Charles, Edward and Andrew all studied in English-speaking countries among the Commonwealth realms.
You do have a point, keep it in the commonwealth. I don't suppose it would be too bad if Eugenie went to Aussie or Canada to study for a while. But then Aussie and Canada are far away and there are equally good universitys close to home, not in the UK. It's up to Eugenie in the end though.

Tags
princess eugenie