The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 04:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

I was shocked to see Eugenie with a friend holding her breasts, bad enough for any girls but for a princess of the UK and in full view of the press, (I concluded they knew the press were taking photos from the one fingered salute the 'friend' apparently gave). They looked like t***s from one of the worst housing estates imaginable and from the reports in the press, acted like them as well.

I am glad she wasn't wearing a UK flag bikini, in the hope that nobody realised she was connected to the UK. I don't know about protection from outside forces, (which as you all know I am against paying for the Yorks), Andrew ought to pay to protect her from herself and her dubious friends.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I was shocked to see Eugenie with a friend holding her breasts, bad enough for any girls but for a princess of the UK and in full view of the press, (I concluded they knew the press were taking photos from the one fingered salute the 'friend' apparently gave). They looked like t***s from one of the worst housing estates imaginable and from the reports in the press, acted like them as well.

I am glad she wasn't wearing a UK flag bikini, in the hope that nobody realised she was connected to the UK. I don't know about protection from outside forces, (which as you all know I am against paying for the Yorks), Andrew ought to pay to protect her from herself and her dubious friends.
I agree with you. I'm not british but if I was I would feel ashamed to be represented by girls with such a behavior, spending contributor's money and being unabled to behavior not as o royal, but a simple gentle young girl.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post

I don't think she should have worn the bikini because it appears as though she's making a political statement. There's nothing wrong with citizens of one country wearing clothing that represents another country, unless you happen to be a princess of the UK...then I think it becomes questionable. But I don't think it's a huge deal. As for her friend cupping her breast, I think it would be inappropriate in a 25 year-old, but not a 19 year-old, an age at which people are still forming their identity. I think for Eugenie and her friends, it was just a joking way of experimenting with their sexuality. And a much better way of doing so than confusedly switching from male to female partners (like some celebrities I can think of).

I doubt she was making a political statement at all, and I guess that I agree with you that it is normal 19 year old behavior to joke around with your girl friends, and have them cup you breast in public???, unless you are a Princess of the UK or anywhere for that matter. Then I think it is her behavior that should become questionable not what she is wearing. She is very capable of "experimenting with her sexuality" (although, I not sure she was doing that) in a place were she can not have a photo taken for HM and the rest of the world to see. Although her picture is splashed all over we must remember she is a Royal Princess, NOT a Celebrity and she should act like one. Just my opinion .. So I will agree to disagree with your opinion and you may do the same with mine.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Another shameful outing

For me Eugenie and her sister represent the worst of royalty: despite being unimportant for the institution, holding on to a royal title but ignoring the responsibility that goes with it. Happy to use the many privileges and to live the celebrity lifestyle but adding zero when it comes down to duty or service for the country. Wearing the label "royalty = represetatives of a country" like a coat, that is worn when it suits and taken off when it doesn't. Usually it doesn't, when they try to justify their embarrassing behaviour with "privacy".

Princesses like Eugenie and Beatrice are downfall of any monarchy because they generate the institution into a self service shop.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Courtier

I agree completely ..........
Old 04-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Courtier

I also agree, sad but true................dreadful role models
Old 04-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Another shameful outing

For me Eugenie and her sister represent the worst of royalty: despite being unimportant for the institution, holding on to a royal title but ignoring the responsibility that goes with it. Happy to use the many privileges and to live the celebrity lifestyle but adding zero when it comes down to duty or service for the country. Wearing the label "royalty = represetatives of a country" like a coat, that is worn when it suits and taken off when it doesn't. Usually it doesn't, when they try to justify their embarrassing behaviour with "privacy".

Princesses like Eugenie and Beatrice are downfall of any monarchy because they generate the institution into a self service shop.
You said EVERYTHING!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Beatrice is currently studying at uni and will be doing so for the next few years (I think she is in her first year so two to three more years for her).

Eugenie is on a 'gap' year between finishing school and starting uni. She will be starting uni in September/October when English unis start their next year.

As for telling people not to smoke - having had a mother die from emphacyma (sp), having a father with that disease now, and having had a number of friends who have died or currently suffer from breast cancer caused by smoking I will strongly tell anyone and everyone not to smoke.
Thanks for the information. I was surprised at comments such as "how can she smoke in public". Anybody knows of the dangers, my father died of cancer and i do smoke, so you see, anyone chooses how to live.
As for her life style, all royals do more or less the same. I don´t live in a monarchy country, i guess it would bother me to pay them their vacations and many more things. The pictures are very normal for a teenager, maybe a little shocking for a British because they are more reserved, but even though she belongs to the Royal family, she´s like any one teen and behaves according to her age.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Serene Highness

Gosh, you are all so harsh.

Two controversial pictures out of how many taken? Probably something that happened within 3 mins is used to define Eugenie's whole personality and damn her as useless?!

OK, what happened here is that she chose a bikini that, in addition of being hideous, is two sizes two small, hence the rather sleazy pictures of her friends readjusting her breasts that were clearly popping out.
Wearing inappropriate clothes is certainly unladylike and avoidable but most young women have done it. That doesn't make her a terrible person. Hopefully she'll see the pictures, be embarrassed about them and learn.

Regarding for the cupping picture, it's her friend cupping Eugenie's breast, not the opposite. Why trash Eugenie for something she didn't even do? It probably just happened and Eugenie decided to laugh it off.

As for being useless, she's on a well deserved gap year after getting excellent grades at her A levels. I wish all British teenagers were that useless (although I certainly share everybody's feeling that her father should pay for her protection).
I wish she didn't smoke, but she does and as long as it's not in illegal places and/or around babies, who are you to judge her?

Can't believe I am defending a York girl...

Old 04-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

What grades did Eugenie get? I didn´t see this anywhere. Perhaps she does deserve a gap year but most of the criticism is about the security officers hopping round the world after her while she is having this gap year and the British tax payer is paying for these, if she has done so well her father, who is not a poor man from a poor family, should be paying for it like any other proud father who can afford it.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Serene Highness

^she got 2 As and a B, don't remember the disciplines. That's the best results of any Windsors.

From what I have read, most of the criticism centers around her being useless and trashy because her friend is cupping her breast, and she's not wearing a British flag bikini and oh, she's smoking what a disgusting little girl...

I completely agree with the criticism regarding the cost of her (mostly useless) minders. The rest of the criticism is pure bashing, imo.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Administrator

So true Idriel...again writing someone off at the age of 19!

Again...I agree better judgement should have been used on Eugenie's behalf. She is not just any British teenager on gap year.

And I honestly I am getting a little put off by the just like her mother/father comments. Again.....is she being judged by their past experiences? She is after all, her own person.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Majesty

I have to agree here as well. PURE UNADULTERATED BASHING because she is a York girl. Did anyone criticize Harry for wearing a cap with an American flag in Afghanistan? All those who want the York girls to lose their titles because of their behaviour then you shouldn't be opposed to the Windsor boys losing theirs as well for their drunken and carousing behaviour. Or, are we talking about excusable misbehaviour because they are Charles' boys? Or, more precisely as it is really called, double standards?
Old 04-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post

From what I have read, most of the criticism centers around her being useless and trashy because her friend is cupping her breast, and she's not wearing a British flag bikini and oh, she's smoking what a disgusting little girl...
Sometimes, when one is in the public eye, there are just some things one doesn't do. . .
Old 04-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Sometimes, when one is in the public eye, there are just some things one doesn't do. . .
You're absolutely right, Russo, but in that case, all royals should be judged fairly and with the same set of rules. As it is, the York family is rarely cut some slack, while "my favourite royal" is often forgiven of the most grievous offense with a mere shrug.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
I have to agree here as well. PURE UNADULTERATED BASHING because she is a York girl. Did anyone criticize Harry for wearing a cap with an American flag in Afghanistan? All those who want the York girls to lose their titles because of their behaviour then you shouldn't be opposed to the Windsor boys losing theirs as well for their drunken and carousing behaviour. Or, are we talking about excusable misbehaviour because they are Charles' boys? Or, more precisely as it is really called, double standards?
The future King of England will never lose his HRH unless there is a revolution
There is a slight difference between putting a flag on a cap and where Eugenie put it.
All the young royals should put their act together when out in public but young "ladies" should not behave in certain ways and when they are members of the royal family they know they are being photographed constantly, so if they can´t behave at least they should be more careful.
It is only natural that the girls are compared to their mother, one looks just like her and both of them seem to have the irreverance that their mother had when she was a member of the royal family.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Another shameful outing

And I can't help but thinking, like mother (or father), like daughter.
I don't think you can place the blame entirely on Beatrice and Eugenie, but yes they are mostly to blame for the dissolution of our respect for the monarchy. They should have the same respect, moral standards and common sense when they are on holidays or on gaps year or at home. This is a complete mistake and to be quite honest most of what Eugenie has done lately have been mistakes, and I believed her to be the more sensible. I also agree that this is a direct influence from their parents or more specificially their mother.

And indeed they have titles of Princess' for a reason, they have to undertake the responsibility that comes with holding that title. William and Harry understand what they have to do and yes William is the heir and Harry the spare but it is no different Beatrice and Eugenie have royals titles just like William and Harry. They use their title when it suits them, as you say Duke of Marmalade, use the privelges and perks that comes with being grand daughter to a monarch.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I don't think you can place the blame entirely on Beatrice and Eugenie, but yes they are mostly to blame for the dissolution of our respect for the monarchy. They should have the same respect, moral standards and common sense when they are on holidays or on gaps year or at home. This is a complete mistake and to be quite honest most of what Eugenie has done lately have been mistakes, and I believed her to be the more sensible. I also agree that this is a direct influence from their parents or more specificially their mother.

snipped...
This is not directed at anyone in particular... Just as William and Harry's drunken behaviour and Harry's wearing a Nazi uniform to a party is the direct influence of Charles and/or his stepmother?
Old 04-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
I have to agree here as well. PURE UNADULTERATED BASHING because she is a York girl. Did anyone criticize Harry for wearing a cap with an American flag in Afghanistan?
No, not bashing, just complete disgust that any royal would allow her female friend to straddle her and cup her breasts whilst in a public place. If Eugenie wants to wear an Iraqi/USA/Canadian/what ever flag as a bikini, that is her choice, nor do I think the bikini was too small.

Harry was severely chastised for his behaviour, both by the media, the British and probably his parents, can the same be dreamed for these young women, probably not.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post

I completely agree with the criticism regarding the cost of her (mostly useless) minders. The rest of the criticism is pure bashing, imo.

I was not bashing her in any way just stating an opinion same as you No problem with the bikini, only that it was a bigger issue then the cupping of the breast in public, imo it was all in fun but somethings do not look well. If you know that you will end up in the paper over something it would be best to make a better call on how to behave in public. She is in all reason an adult so all the Sarah, Andrew stuff don't fly with me she can make her own choices now lets hope in the time to come she makes better ones.

Tags
princess eugenie